Welcome to Gaia! ::

H.O.P.E.S - Heaven's Only Poll-Enchanted Sanctuary

Back to Guilds

Another of the GREAT hang out spots on Gaia for anyone and everyone! 

Reply HOPES - Heaven's Only Poll-Enchanted Sanctuary General Discussion Forum
Dieting sucks...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Me want food!
  *eats computer*
View Results

Cardania
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am
Well, I'm not exactly on a diet, but I am trying to exercise more and cut down my calorie intake. I'm not overweight or anything, but I'm getting closer to it so I wanna get down to a weight that I'm comfortable at.

The exercise part is fun, because I get to play DDR again, yay!

But cutting calories sucks! I just ate lunch - a yogurt, easy mac, and a pudding cup. And I'm still feeling hungry. xp I just hope my stomach can leave me be until I get home for dinner later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:21 am
Thats way more than I eat...

Meow I really need toeat more  

Evenoix
Captain

Cardania
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes you do! *feeds you cookies* xd

I normally can do fine on a sandwich for lunch, but yogurt does nothing for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Ya, Ive made a goal to reach by the end of this year (not going well though...)
Mainly to just eat healthier and to get in more exercise... Im just a tough one to..start and stay on that track. xP

Ame Za Rain

Erebus Haze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:15 am
Mine is a bit harder to maintain. I've wanted to do push-ups and sit-ups after waking up and before going to bed as my New Year's resolution and it's been like a cycle for me; what I deem as good/okay abs (I'll see what others think tomorrow User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.) come and go, depending on how much effort I put to make that resolution come true, and with my schedule there isn't a lot of time. And all that junk food that I HAD to eat (there's nothing healthy to buy) before work during the school year made it worse. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 pm
I think the thing that hurts exercise/dieting plans the most is time. People always say, "Oh, you should make time to exercise" but I can't always do that. Yesterday I had work, then my bible study group, and I didn't get home until 10 pm. By then, I was ready for bed. And other days after work, I have chores to do around the house when I get home.

And also because of lack of time, I have to buy non-healthy convenience foods because they are faster to make. It's easier to throw a chicken patty in the toaster oven than it is to make a homemade dish with less fat.

Although I did find these great things in the frozen food area at Wal-mart. They are bags of vegetables that you can steam in the microwave, and they have stuff like broccoli and cheese or red potatoes in sauce with green beans. They're quick to make and I feel like I am eating something healthier when I have them.

This ice cream truck in the background is killing me! Not only is it making me more hungry while I talk about food, but they're freaking playing that "Small World" song. Ahhh! *explodes*

Cardania
Crew

Erebus Haze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:35 pm
Cardania
I think the thing that hurts exercise/dieting plans the most is time. People always say, "Oh, you should make time to exercise" but I can't always do that. Yesterday I had work, then my bible study group, and I didn't get home until 10 pm. By then, I was ready for bed. And other days after work, I have chores to do around the house when I get home.

And also because of lack of time, I have to buy non-healthy convenience foods because they are faster to make. It's easier to throw a chicken patty in the toaster oven than it is to make a homemade dish with less fat.

Although I did find these great things in the frozen food area at Wal-mart. They are bags of vegetables that you can steam in the microwave, and they have stuff like broccoli and cheese or red potatoes in sauce with green beans. They're quick to make and I feel like I am eating something healthier when I have them.

This ice cream truck in the background is killing me! Not only is it making me more hungry while I talk about food, but they're freaking playing that "Small World" song. Ahhh! *explodes*

I hate having to live by Time's rules! mad I went to sleep at about 12 AM for a good portion of the school year last year. When I wasn't lazy, I'd use the time for exercise or reading and despite that I, in actuality, am making good decisions but in "reality" I'm making poor decisions because I somehow "can't budget my time." rolleyes

Somehow, I feel like the only healthy dinners that are grozen are the name brand ones that are advertised; I never see anything else there, and everything else is packaged like comfort food! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:44 am

I hate those healthy choice tv dinners. They look good on the cover and it's low cal, but when you open it, there's like two bites of chicken and three pieces of broccoli.

Cardania
Crew

Erebus Haze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:50 am
The other reason I don't buy frozen food. If those are supposed to be the portions of food I'm supposed to eat, I'd rather eat until I'm full.

Some of them taste good though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:12 pm

The only TV dinners I really like are the Marie Callendar ones. They're more fattening, but they taste so good. The lasagna and fettuccine alfredo ones are my faves.

Cardania
Crew

Erebus Haze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:16 pm
Umm........Lean Cuisine? sweatdrop It's the only thing I could think of.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:06 pm

And Stouffers....mmm, love their frozen mac and cheese. The cheese gets all crusty around the edges when you cook it.

Dangit! I need dinner! domokun

Cardania
Crew

Erebus Haze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am
I'm actually more partial to the cheeses that are more gooey; hard mac n' cheese scares me for some reason. =/  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:33 pm
i play DDR too! on workout made!  

neon729

HOPES - Heaven's Only Poll-Enchanted Sanctuary General Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas