Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky Charms Pancake
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 pm
User Image

User Image
So, if you've been to the SF, you'll see how their latest complaint is: Alruna can be topless, so why can't we? They either want Alruna to be censored or they want our avi's to be able to go topless.
What do you all think of this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:26 am
I'm fine with a topless figure on Gaia. The female body is a beautiful thing, just like a male's and neither should be sexualized like it is. I, for one, commend Gaia for making an item like this. Breasts aren't a sexual body part, they're for feeding one's young. Anyway, it's a barbie-doll figure, there's no nipples or anything on the body, they're just assets in the chest.  

Amy Obscurite

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:43 am
Like Amy said, it's no worse than Barbie doll nudity. People who tweak out over naked dolls need to seek help neutral

Not to mention, if showing butt crack and walking around with a hat flipping the bird is PG13, I can't see how this is much different.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am
pooey. what 13 year old hasn't seen boobies?

Maybe they should make this site 15+
so there won't be so much of an issue...

or rather. let's make this an adult site and have dicks and penises galore!!!

I think everything is fine the way it is.
I don't want to see avis going topless. and I certainly don't want alruna to put pasties on.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

XV - Shadowed Mistress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:25 am
I think it's just fine. Girls have seen their own boobies, and if there is any 13 year old boy who hasn't seen them at least once, then I sort of pity them for being children still.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:53 am
User Image

I love the rose, that pose is just fine with me. I agree with what everyone has said about girls and they're own boobs and that guys have seen.
I don't care if avis get the topless option but I wont use it. XD Whats the point, I don't see Gaia girls boobs very artsy or creative. I like it more as an option that can only be found by glitch.

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Lady Catalina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 am
The only problem I have with it is that there are like kids who would be immature about that. "OOh boobz!" Or the fact that even though I'm 20 and have my own house I would still not be comfortable with my Mom seeing that and she would probably freak out. Plus showing those boobs it makes people want avies boobs exposed and... "boy parts". Which I'm still immature enought not to say.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 pm
Catalina - same here. my mom is totally against public displays of affection and is even more so against nudity. I don't think I've ever seen my parents kiss or hold hands in my life.
supposing several other people have parents who are similar to that would make Gaia weary. who really wants to be sued for putting up "obscene" items for sale?

I agree with Areku-chan. if a 13 year old boy haven't seen boobs at least once in their life then I feel sorry for them too. but even if they did their parents don't know that >__<  

Neiina

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm
lilartichoke
pooey. what 13 year old hasn't seen boobies?

Maybe they should make this site 15+
so there won't be so much of an issue...

or rather. let's make this an adult site and have dicks and penises galore!!!

I think everything is fine the way it is.
I don't want to see avis going topless. and I certainly don't want alruna to put pasties on.

Overkill...
I had a comeback, but I'll refrain for the sake of the little kiddies around here xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:35 pm
You can pm me later.
wink
lol.  

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

Ziporae

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:07 am
People have been making a huge fuss over this. Honestly- for the many issues that would arrise I really don't think making the girls topless compatable would be a wise decision. I think it would be an okay idea (if they were sort of like the tektek examples), but with all the chaos that would come from it.. it just out does the pros. Not to mention the cybering noobs problem would get worse by a buttload. Parents over shoulders.. that would be bad. I think my parents would understand as long as there were not any obsene objects exposed. I like the Barbie comparison. Alruna could seriously be compared to a Barbie doll. Now- if they would've put nipples on her, I'd feel quite different. Let's face it. So many immature people on this site are under 13 nowadays. They shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us just cause they can't handle some "mild, comical nudity" if you could even call it that. Have some of these people even ventured in places like the GD? Gaia is hardly PG 13. I'm not an indulged pervert or anything, but I'm happy about that. That's one of the things that sets this site apart from a lot of others I've played is you can say almost anything you feel like saying and you won't get banned for it or flamed (too badly, hehe).
neutral
I think there was like a mix of opinion in there- Gaia does allow artistic nudity, however, people like to forget that. I like the age where it is, people just have to suck it up. I joined this site at 13, the thought of me joining later than that because of some dumb age rule saddens me. I was plenty mature by 13 and I know plenty of others as well. Gaia's crowd has changed dramatically since the site was merely a baby. More college, mature crowds back then.. before I knew it the average age for people using Gaia went plummeting and people began calling it a "teen" site.

I'm curious how the artists feel about this. 3nodding  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff