Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:24 pm
What do you guys think? Looking forward to it? Dreading it? Predicting mass glitching?

I kinda like the idea of it, but not so fond of the fact that they pretty much broadcast your every move to your friends confused When you post, when you make a journal entry, who you make friends with... I don't think the people on my friends list need a play-by-play o.O

Love it? Hate it? Let's hear it!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:29 pm
I agree with the broadcasting. I really dont think that people should know pms and such. it really is unneeded and will probably slow gaia down a bit because it has to update the pages so often.

It is good because i think the pages are a bit overwhelming with everything they have been adding so it is organized and Blue likes organization -que ocd-

Anyway, new tabs, not so bad. Plus we are getting some new cart items? Yay? They will most likely fall with everyone getting them. -shrug shrug-
Umm what else...the my gaia page? Does this replace the profile or does it what? I have no clue what it is going to do and who is going to see it. I hope friends only...  

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:32 pm
Yeah.
I hope they add some privacy options along with this.
Or I'm deleting almost all of my friends.
Lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 pm
BlueAltitude
I agree with the broadcasting. I really dont think that people should know pms and such. it really is unneeded and will probably slow gaia down a bit because it has to update the pages so often.

It is good because i think the pages are a bit overwhelming with everything they have been adding so it is organized and Blue likes organization -que ocd-

Anyway, new tabs, not so bad. Plus we are getting some new cart items? Yay? They will most likely fall with everyone getting them. -shrug shrug-
Umm what else...the my gaia page? Does this replace the profile or does it what? I have no clue what it is going to do and who is going to see it. I hope friends only...

Blue!! Hey Capn' xd
Yeah, I like how it's more organized and it gives you how many items you have in your inv and your relative net worth.
Good question, I dunno if it replaces My Gaia or goes along with it. I'll look into it later. I'd think only we can access that info. I don't think people really wanna broadcast how much they're worth to the general Gaian public confused

@Arti: Same here. I hardly talk with half the people on my friends list anymore so I don't really care to know what they're doing on Gaia.  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Lucky Charms Pancake
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:37 pm
User Image

User Image
Honestly, I probably won't use it at all anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:18 am
I'm pretty sure like everything else we will have privacy options. stare it bugs me how everyone in the GCD is spazzing out about it.

I'm excited for the new layout, it looks nice.

EDIT:
Quote:
Keep in mind the text in that image is only placeholder.

ahaha! see? that's probably not even going to be a part of the new layout.
now I kinda want to smash that into the GCD's face... but I'm kinda avoiding it now..  

Neiina

Ziporae

Devoted Fairy

12,875 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 am
I really like how it would help me manage stuff, but it's definately an invasion of privacy at the most. It looks nice. People have been all over the GCD complaining about it being too much like Facebook yadda yadda. I think comparing Gaia to Facebook is a far stretch. I kind of look forward to it. I like keeping up with my friends journal entries and all of that as odd as that sounds.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 am
User Image

I'm not going to start bitching about it until I get to use it and see how useful it is.
I hope there is some options to get rid of some of that stuff, I don't have much use for my house and car.
We'll just have to see.

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

BlueAltitude
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:47 pm
Exactly, it is easier for scammers to pick out people with more net worth and then target them. I dont want everyone knowing how much my account is worth. but as said, I will definitly check it out before bitching it out.

And hello hello!
:]  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces