Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
Is anyone else slightly pissed @ stephanie? *spoilers* Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mad @ stephanie?
  HELL YES!
  yes
  kinda sorta....but she wrote twilight how could we be mad @ her?(trust me we can!lolz)
  no, i find this insulting! u ppl arent realmy twilight fans!( i will come and hurt u in ur sleep if u pick this!!! lolz JK)
View Results

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:13 pm
seriously!
here she told us before that all fluids in the body are replaced with venom when they are changed and she has pretty much brushed off ideas of bella getting pregnant, etc
and then she has bella conceive...and with no explanation whatsoever in the book, besides the fact that there are other seductive vampires that get humans pregnant, and yet she still did not explain anything
there is also the fact that she dragged on the volturi thing, with nor much point, if she really wanted to add the whole danger to nellie thing it could have been in another book, after bella was a vampire and her whole life as peachy perfect and i was reading im like theres still another couple hundred pages? what for? this isnt the ending?!

just wanted to no if anyone else would like to go into rant mode here biggrin

dont get me wrong i liked breaking dawn, because ofcourse it is twilight
however im uber mad @ sm stare

k ppl rant it up! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:36 pm
honestly... i didnt really like breaking dawn much.

it made me mad in unfathomable ways.

Dine with the Damned

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:12 am
I think yes she did throw us all off! But maybe that was a good thing, think about it, if she said they could then we all would kinda know what to expect instead of the shock of Bella being preggers!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:46 am
I have so many mixed feelings about this book. I've been saying I like it but......@_@ it's so hard not to be mad.
It seems like so many things happened....yet...nothing happened.I agree Stephenie threw us off. I was confused and like "NO! WHY?" cuz I just wanted it to be Edward and Bella and the Cullens...not Nessie and company....

SM did explain how it happened. Not in scientific detail. Basically vampire males have venom sperm and they can get humans pregnant.

*sighs* I liked it, I just wish she got a little more creative instead of being like "Happy endings.....BAM give them a baby so jacob can also be happy!!!" I wish Jacob got with a cool witch chick from California or something. BD let me down but i enjoyed reading it because like you said, it is Twilight.

OH and who was mad there weren't many sweet ExB moments like in Eclipse and Twilight...hell even New Moon had so cute moments between them. Breaking dawn gave us non discriptive sex and they hunted together....GAH! I'm trying really hard to like this book.....  

Aqua Anjel

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:26 pm
Aqua Anjel
I have so many mixed feelings about this book. I've been saying I like it but......@_@ it's so hard not to be mad.
It seems like so many things happened....yet...nothing happened.I agree Stephenie threw us off. I was confused and like "NO! WHY?" cuz I just wanted it to be Edward and Bella and the Cullens...not Nessie and company....

SM did explain how it happened. Not in scientific detail. Basically vampire males have venom sperm and they can get humans pregnant.

*sighs* I liked it, I just wish she got a little more creative instead of being like "Happy endings.....BAM give them a baby so jacob can also be happy!!!" I wish Jacob got with a cool witch chick from California or something. BD let me down but i enjoyed reading it because like you said, it is Twilight.

OH and who was mad there weren't many sweet ExB moments like in Eclipse and Twilight...hell even New Moon had so cute moments between them. Breaking dawn gave us non discriptive sex and they hunted together....GAH! I'm trying really hard to like this book.....

i agree with u.......
its just like GAH  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:52 pm
yea, when I read it I felt like I was loosing my religion.

it was so gay...seriously...it made no sense at all, it was all so 'fairytale...fanfiction...vomit' horrible.

I want to burn the book but then I realize that I spent 20 dollars on it...gah.

I loved all the others, but it was soo ridiculous... vampires cant have children... if bella would have just stayed human or even turned and not had a kid and jacob would have fell in love with leah or... imprinted on that girl at the part or something THAT would have been a better story...why stephenie...why...

im still waiting for her to say... "opps, wrong book! here you go guys!"  

celestialheiress

llamazrokmysox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:25 pm
I thought it was...different...then the other books. I mean, I guess it was ok, but it wasn't the spectacular ending to the series I was expecting. And a few things did make me mad.
a. It didn't feel like it was connected to the other books in any way, shape, or form. I mean, all the characters were named the same, but they all seemed soooo different! For instance, Rosalie getting all soft on Bella? Even for the baby? And Jasper was all...tense throughout the entire book. Plus Bella was no longer a "magnet for danger." It was like the whole world flipped.
b. I thought the whole baby thing was a little too out there. Especially the way it just came out of no where and grew rapidly. A bit on the ridiculous side.
c. I don't get the point of the Volturi in this book. Sure, make it all dramatic "oh, we're gonna die." But then, no one even got a few hairs pulled out of their head (besides Irina...). What's the point of bringing them in if there's going to be no fighting?
d. Hated the happily ever after. I'm not into that stuff.
I mean...it was still written really well, and it was still a Twilight book, but...I was expecting a little more of the "WOW" factor, ya know?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 pm
celestialheiress
yea, when I read it I felt like I was loosing my religion.

it was so gay...seriously...it made no sense at all, it was all so 'fairytale...fanfiction...vomit' horrible.

I want to burn the book but then I realize that I spent 20 dollars on it...gah.

I loved all the others, but it was soo ridiculous... vampires cant have children... if bella would have just stayed human or even turned and not had a kid and jacob would have fell in love with leah or... imprinted on that girl at the part or something THAT would have been a better story...why stephenie...why...

im still waiting for her to say... "opps, wrong book! here you go guys!"

Honestly! I'm still waiting for her to say "Oh that was a rough draft to get me more money. Let me make the -real- thing now that leaves you at awe like Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick"

Too crazy and I agree also to what llamazrokmysox said about the ending, the baby, heck let me say it.. the entire book! And now that you mention it, llamazrokmysox, it did seem unrelated to the series. I still bought it though 'cause it's Twilight.  

La Beaute

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:10 pm
xactly...
she should have had it so bella and edward should have got married....had sex, but then had it so it enhanced their relationship not so they were obsessed with it and nothing else..they had no more sweet ed and bella moments.jacob should have fallen for a real werewolve....and then nessie could have been his little wolfie child...bella didnt seem like a very connected mother anyways..worrying about sex all the time.
and then the volturi thing should have been a huge fight and a few ppl would have to go...
now that would be a real book, atleast in my opinion  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am
when i started reading the book, i liked it, i was liking where it was going. but then i started thinking about the book and about breaking dawn and about what was happening and was like.. "wait, what?" and now that im finished, im just like. no.
i hated the ending. i wish it went the way stephenie had made us think, with alcie leaving adn edward/ bella/ everybody dying except for renesmee and jacob. and then the last chapter couldve been in renesemee's perspective with her in rio with jacob, waiting for alice and jasper ot appear and being all "at least we have each other, at least we can live on." or something a little less cheesy.
the ending made me so... upset. im not exactly angry, but im still like "thanks stephenie, thanks." (<--- said sarcastically). i just wish it couldve ended better. it just seemed like she was rushing things and she wanted certain things to happen, but was too afraid what her fans would say, so she just let everyone live.  

papershelf i c i c l e s

papershelf i c i c l e s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:45 am
and i wish somebody wouldve died. i dont count irina, just because she was in there for like two moments, not even a full chapter.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:50 pm
Breaking Dawn Gave Me Mixed Feelings.
I disliked how everything was soo perfect, but yet it wasn't.
It sorta had a... weird? Storyline.
What peeved me was how there was this whole feud thing with the Volturi, and it just dragged on for agesssss.
They were all like, 'But how can this be?' It's a immortal child let's kill it kinda thing, and while were at it we'll bring everyone along to watch it.
And then, they refused to believe it.
I was like.

OHFGS! THEY HAD SEX, WHICH MADE A BABY!
Bella was a human Edward was a vampire.
Half Human Half Vampire.

IT'S THAT BLOODY SIMPLE! D<

But yeah.
It was a great book and everything, i just think it had some big-a** flaws.

One thing that i applaud it too is Jacob not dying.
[:
So many people wanted him to die, and i saw no reason why he should, so these people that were all 'I HATE JACOB, GO DIE!'
Kinda p*%! me off.

But he didn't die so [:

Teh Toasted E m o

La Beaute

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:57 pm
cheloa
when i started reading the book, i liked it, i was liking where it was going. but then i started thinking about the book and about breaking dawn and about what was happening and was like.. "wait, what?" and now that im finished, im just like. no.
i hated the ending. i wish it went the way stephenie had made us think, with alcie leaving adn edward/ bella/ everybody dying except for renesmee and jacob. and then the last chapter couldve been in renesemee's perspective with her in rio with jacob, waiting for alice and jasper ot appear and being all "at least we have each other, at least we can live on." or something a little less cheesy.
the ending made me so... upset. im not exactly angry, but im still like "thanks stephenie, thanks." (<--- said sarcastically). i just wish it couldve ended better. it just seemed like she was rushing things and she wanted certain things to happen, but was too afraid what her fans would say, so she just let everyone live.

Girl, you dont know how much I wanted the main characters to die. I would've liked the story better if it went like how you said. Happily ever afters are too gay and perfect... I need tragedies!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:43 pm
I enjoyed Breaking Dawn actually, I know this is really random considering how everyone is so mad at her, but I slightly feel it's because everyone is too afraid to say what they really felt in a thread that was started to be mad at Stephenie Meyer. I enjoyed Breaking Dawn because it answered all the questiosn, and left none. And I don't know about anyone but I don't remember hearing anything about the fluids, but whether it was said or not is beside the point, no one figured that it would happen and no vampires had ever tried it that were known of in the book so the characters found it out just as abrubtly as all of the readers did.  

Kivyroku

Post Coital Cookie

Bloblike Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:00 am
La Beaute
cheloa

Girl, you dont know how much I wanted the main characters to die. I would've liked the story better if it went like how you said. Happily ever afters are too gay and perfect... I need tragedies!!!

Completely AGREE!! As much as I loved Ed, I was quite partial annd even hoping for him and Bella to die. Just woulda felt right. Or Carlisle. Possibly Esme, though I frickin love her to pieces.  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff