Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Graffiti gone wrong...in more ways than one.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like some gold?
  Of course! Thanks! ^.^
View Results

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 pm
I was walking across the university today when I noted something interesting scrawled on the ceiling of the covered walkway in chalk:

"[insert name] was hier."

First of all, how do you get that on the ceiling of the covered walkway that's a good nine or so feet off the ground? Second, in a university, how the hell do you not know how to spell "here"?

Does anyone else see the weirdness in this, or is the world so full of misspelling and such that we've become numb to it? -sighs-  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:02 am
Aside from the strangetivity of how that's on a ceiling... o_O

This is a first for me of how one cannot spell the word "here". Usually I see the word "hear" instead, but I take that in as a mistake, usually.  

Swell Sundae

Psychotic Daizy Dukes

O.G. Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 pm
Goodness. That's amazing. I mean, wow... just wow...

I'm not that concerned with the spelling, but with the place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 pm
That is one strange spelling of here. I would figure after going through all the energy to get the graffiti on the ceiling, the least you could do is spell what you want to say correctly.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Natsuri

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 am
Nina Orusa
Goodness. That's amazing. I mean, wow... just wow...

I'm not that concerned with the spelling, but with the place.

Alas, not even the most revered of higher education institutions are immune to the scourge of modern illiteracy. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:39 am
There's some graffiti near my school. It says "taggings for ******** graffitis only done by smart guyz!!"

Every day, I have to fight the urge to write "Smart guys know that the beginnings of sentences are capitalized, when the use (or, as the case may be, non-use) of apostrophes is appropriate, that "z" is not a substitute for "s" and when to use a comma."  

Galad Aglaron
Captain

Patron with a Mission

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:31 am
Galad Damodred
There's some graffiti near my school. It says "taggings for ******** graffitis only done by smart guyz!!"

Every day, I have to fight the urge to write "Smart guys know that the beginnings of sentences are capitalized, when the use (or, as the case may be, non-use) of apostrophes is appropriate, that "z" is not a substitute for "s" and when to use a comma."

Hmm. So I'm not the only one who wants to scrawl on the walls for the sake of correction. Comforting to know.

In any case, someone painted over it, and I was somewhat surprised the next day to see it back up there, and then get painted over again. Looks like someone is determined to keep it up there, misspelling and all.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:45 pm
Why would you go to so much trouble to write that? There are much easier ways to prove yourself an idiot.  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items