Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Rock Band is officially better than Guitar Hero Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTXeB-YcqvM

Apparently this is downloadable (or was on april fools day). Sorry guys, but I don't see GH offering the greatest song of all time as DLC.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:07 pm
This song is still available for download on Rock Band, and it's free! Got it the day I bought RB. 3nodding  

JunkKirby

sonicfreak1031

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 am
the only thing is it doesnt have that many songs rele but its awesome  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:03 am
the problem that is the X360 version never been released here at Asia but PS3 version is available here  

ReD S1X

3,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200

JunkKirby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:39 pm
assasin-10-31

Bwuh? There's 58 songs on the disk, and another 178 songs on DLC. That's a lot of songs in my opinion!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:01 pm
NinjaKirby22
assasin-10-31

Bwuh? There's 58 songs on the disk, and another 178 songs on DLC. That's a lot of songs in my opinion!

Thats more the GHIII from what I understand.

Rockband is better for parties and people with friends who come over all of the time. GH wins at just soloing. And it has some badass songs of its own.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:44 pm
Apparently like nobody actually understands why that song is so amazing and makes rock band automatically better. None of you are real gamers anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:11 pm
Portal is obviously one of the best and more original games out there, not to mention that the song is superbly done, having a excellently conflicting lyrics and notes, while all this time remaining true to the actual game itself.

That, and simply because of the song's association with Rock Band is what makes it better than Guitar Hero (or at least I think thats what nitnit's thought process about this is. I haven't played either music game series so I can't say for certain, but "Still Alive" still tips it in Rock Bands favor). 3nodding  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:14 pm
Exactly. IMO Guitar Hero and Rock Band are both silly games, and one (GH) is only a little better and solely for the guitar instrument.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:27 pm
I hate the rock band "drum" it's nothing like an actual drumset. but I heard the new GH is going to be like RB in the sense that is has the drumset and stuff but the drum is more like an actual drumset with a bass drum pedal and cymbal pedals.
I saw an arcade game like GH in japan but there was only three buttons. My friend played it and said it was really hard XD he usually does expert. There was also a game that was just the drum set. I saw a guy play it and it was crazy O.o  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

MaverickX516

O.G. Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:14 am
RB was always better than GH IMO.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:30 am
Rock Band was better than Guitar Hero in the first place. They have more Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, and Maiden  

PhoenixBlade983

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:32 am
Kirei_chan
I hate the rock band "drum" it's nothing like an actual drumset. but I heard the new GH is going to be like RB in the sense that is has the drumset and stuff but the drum is more like an actual drumset with a bass drum pedal and cymbal pedals.
I saw an arcade game like GH in japan but there was only three buttons. My friend played it and said it was really hard XD he usually does expert. There was also a game that was just the drum set. I saw a guy play it and it was crazy O.o

Oh man, the guitars are so realistic though.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:45 am
Kirei_chan

That game i think is coming to the US? idk but the game's drumset has like 6-8 maybe even 9 things to hit? but its gameplay will be more aradeish with poison notes and stuff like that. seems cool but teh music genre is full with GH and Rockband is already too full. lol we are gonna fill our landfills with every new release that comes out. they need to make just a standard so we stop having so much s**t everywhere... ninja

and to settle the GH or Rockband is better.
Harmonix > Activision
really its not the franchise thats better, its all about the developer.

and i think now GH can get Still Alive, but dont qoute me on that  

Tron714
Vice Captain

JunkKirby

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 am
Tr0n714
Harmonix > Activision
really its not the franchise thats better, its all about the developer.

and i think now GH can get Still Alive, but dont qoute me on that

I hate what Neversoft's done to GH. I'll still play GH II, but I won't play GH III ever again.

As for Still Alive on GH, the only way to get it for any GH is to make your own notechart for GH III's PC version.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff