Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
How do you buy your consoles/games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you buy your consoles/games?
  My parents/relatives buy me anything I want anytime I want it!
  I save my pocket money to buy games!
  I rely on special occasions for games!
  I work hard for my dollar, and buy with my hard earned money!
  I obtain my games by means I care not to mention here....
View Results

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:37 pm
When I was young I used to rely on Christmases and Birthdays to get what I wanted.

If I ever got pocket money, I would save it up to buy games.

I only ever got a game for nothing once, when my Mum yelled at me for no reason, she felt bad and bought me Tomb Raider!

Now that I make my own money, I buy games whenever I feel like it!

So, how do you get your stuff? I am quite irritated at some people I know who lavish their kids with gifts and the kids don't even appreciate it, they might play once then it sits there collecting dust! cry  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:51 pm
I used to rely on special occasion when I was younger for the games I would play, then I the value of money, even though I still was quite stingy. I still continue to rely on special occasions for some of the games, and the consoles I play... but using the money I accumulate (without a job or allowance), I buy a game I'm interested every so often.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

JunkKirby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:48 am
I don't have a job yet, so I have to tell my parents about the games I like. Every once in a while, I'll end up getting one of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:08 am
i just wait for holidays to get my games  

Magonarka-2

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:54 am
I usually end up saving money for lunch for games. soon or later I'm gonna try to get a job. But first I need to get my 8800GT, then I can start buying games.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:12 am
I get my check from my job and go to the store and buy the game I want
who asking ninja  

Korean Kracker II

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:03 am
I usually save money my parents give me to buy games but I will usually get a game or two for special occasions. they refuse to buy me a wii because I have a "perfectly good 64..."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:07 am
Strange thread :/

I always looked ahead for titles I knew I wanted and made sure I had enough money when the time came. Still the same way now, I just have much more money.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:13 am
Chaotix Bluix
the money I accumulate (without a job or allowance), I buy a game I'm interested every so often.

a fellow bank robber I see ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 pm
I uses my own money, but with the occasional birthday/christmas gift.  

Pay Per Cuts

Sadist of the Year

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:28 pm
My parents haven't bought me anything since I was 16. Ever since around that time I've bought my own stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 am
I'll compete at fantasy sports and all that crap... Oh and I'll make bets on guitar hero against my little bro who still thinks he can beat me!!!  

Chuuyya

Fantastical-Disaster

6,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:59 pm
When i was younger, i used to just play my Dad's Nintendo 64.
Then he went and traded it in to get a PS1.
When i was 9 he bought me a Gameboy.
I inherited my dads PS1, and got a Gameboy Advance for birthday/christmas (they are kindda close).
I just borrowed most games off my friends, i had pokemon and x-men for the GBA.
I got a gamecube for birthday/christmas the next year, and it died 2 weeks out of warrinty.
i got my PS2 for my 16th (oh so epic XD )
Once i was 16 i was totaly into games, and just got my first real job, so i could pretty much afford to fule my own addiction, with just a little help from mum.
I replaced my Gamecube ... Coz i found one really cheap on Ebay.
ANd thats where i get all my games from now, mostly.
Occasionaly i buy them brand new from a store in the City... (where i got my DS) but i like second hand just as much, at a fraction of the price.
Oh, also i bought a Gameboy Advance SP yesterday of a friend. Just coz i felt sorry for him trying to save for an Xbox thingy. I didnt need it, but it looks nice in my collection.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:17 am
I sell games I don't like anymore for store credit,usually I find them used for allot cheaper.I found brawl that way actually smile quite pleased with that purchase.Very rarely I go and buy a game at a store like best buy.Next week I'm going to buy twilight princess since I still have 22.00's left in my account,and i'll just add that to the difference.It does save you money that way.Although,that doesn't mean I still don't go and compare prices.  

brushgoddess

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff