Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Microsoft's Greed and XBLA future

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:33 am
i read somewhere ( i wish i remembered where) that microsoft is going to take more of the profit from xbox live arade games. the creator of the new hit xbla game Braid said he was only able to break even with the production of the game. Braid a great game and says he may not even consider making more of those great hits on xbla in the future cause of microsofts business model.
i just want to know anyones input on this. i love xbla games and i wish they can continue. its a good way to kill some time will your gf gets ready to go out somewhere lol. so i love a quick game i can play and just shut down my xbox. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:29 pm
Tr0n714
i read somewhere ( i wish i remembered where) that microsoft is going to take more of the profit from xbox live arade games. the creator of the new hit xbla game Braid said he was only able to break even with the production of the game. Braid a great game and says he may not even consider making more of those great hits on xbla in the future cause of microsofts business model.
i just want to know anyones input on this. i love xbla games and i wish they can continue. its a good way to kill some time will your gf gets ready to go out somewhere lol. so i love a quick game i can play and just shut down my xbox. ninja
I'm reading this now. The game's designer is saying he heard that they were changing it. It's not confirmed, it might happen, it might not. Not many people bought Braid because of it's high price. Is it worth the $15 dollars? Yes. Do I have the 15 dollars to spare for it? Nope, sorry. As for him not making more games: good. He can take his whiney a** to Sony, God knows, their market needs good downloadable games.  

The True Anonymous One

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff