Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
EA's new team up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:01 pm
Written Friday, August 15, 2008 by Joe Robinson
"Publishing power-house Electronic Arts have revealed today that they have signed new publishing deals with both Epic Games and Japanese studio Grasshopper Manufacture.

Epic will be producing a brand new multi-platform action IP title, which is currently being developed by Epic’s People Can Fly studio in Poland.

Legendary figures Suda51 (No More Heroes and Killer 7) and Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil creator) have also teamed up with EA to develop an all new action-horror, again multi-platform.

No information about these two new games has been released, but if past-works are anything to go buy, they’re going to be good-uns.

Stay tuned."

i want to know everyones opinion on this deal with EA. are they gonna screw with Epic's sucess and make things worse. is Suda51 gonna grow or what? EA probably cant afford to buy them but i want the best to happen for these new IPs  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:21 pm
Team up? More like buyout.  

nitnit
Captain

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:24 pm
knowing EA. They'll probably end up Epic's success worse. Unless they don't do anything to them like they did with Criterion. They didn't even touch Criterion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 pm
I know EA's ruined some companies in the past, but I don't think they'd be dumb enough to mess with Epic, and I don't think they bought them, either. I say give the new IPs a chance.  

JunkKirby

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:14 pm
If EA makes it's own console next generation...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:26 pm
I'm tired of horror. Can't people just stick with Siren, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, etc?  

Shigeru the Hero

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:37 am
Pay Per Cuts
If EA makes it's own console next generation...

yeah theres a rumor going around EA is thinking of making their very own console. they have the capital to do it, so you never know. ninja

as for the new IPs... since its Epic developing it i will give it a chance. i mean whats EA gonna do to them? redo it cause it sucks horrible balls and we dont like your work? i mean Gears got a award, Unreal Tournament 3 was pretty crazy, and Gears 2 coming out this fall! give Epic all the money they need EA, they need to recoup from that law suit from Silicon Knights lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:07 pm
Great. If EA starts making systems there's going to be 4 freaking consoles that I'll have to keep up with. I really hope that they stick to gaming.  

Deathguiser

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:00 am
Deathguiser
Great. If EA starts making systems there's going to be 4 freaking consoles that I'll have to keep up with. I really hope that they stick to gaming.
You'd consider buying a console made by EA? neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:01 am
darkslasherX
Deathguiser

I'll buy a lot of s**t if it means i get to play the titles I like.  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:34 am
Deathguiser
darkslasherX
Deathguiser

Theres very few good titles from EA :/
The only thing I can remember is the orange box and command and conquer.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:15 am
Jonnnn
Deathguiser
darkslasherX
Deathguiser

The Orange Box is solely Valve, EA had no part of it.
lol someone would actually buy the console? i wouldnt touch it. EA should stick to making games. EA is getting better, with Battle Field: Bad Company, Army of Two, new Lord of the Rings Conquest, and many other things. i want EA to just fund money, make me Madden, and to just sit back and watcch the great developers they bought do their work. especially Bioware/Pandemic ninja  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:10 pm
Jonnnn
Deathguiser
darkslasherX
Deathguiser

If they keep buying companies/teaming up, there'll be enough titiles to justify buying the system, I think. Maybe not, but I'll have to wait and see, hopefully they don't even release an EA system.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:23 pm
EA will never keep their games exclusive i think. i say a new console would be a bad investment. stick to multiplatform. its what they always have done.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces