Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Monk/Psych Fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Monk, Psych, House, USA Network, television 

Reply You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)
#7.5 - Mr. Monk Goes Underwater (Episode Discussion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azure Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:16 pm
xD Hilarious the way he panicked when they went under. I also love this part:
"I'm pretty sure he killed himself."
"Why?"
"I've been on for 15 seconds and I'm suicidal."

rofl

"I'm sure you're busy turning knobs and up periscoping."
xD

The weirdest part >>> Monk hallucinating that his therapist is on board.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:03 pm
Much better then last weeks episode. It was funny, and the murder was compelling. Though something I didn't get is why no one mentioned he was imagining his therapist there. I mean, if it was me, I would have been like:

"Am I the only one who notices that he's talking to himself? I mean come on! NOBODY IS THERE!"

Then I would probably make Monk insane. I've done that to a lot of people. No joke. And the cinimatics were great, I really felt like I was in there with them. I was getting claustrophobic. Of course I spelled that wrong, though.  

YAY 9000
Crew

Tenacious Travis

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:59 pm
No, you spelled it right.

Anyway, great episode. I loved the bit at the end where he wanted to let his therapist explain. XD "NO! Why don't you explain it, Mr. Monk?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:28 pm
That was epic. xD I think it's really sweet that Monk has taken such a liking to... Mr. Bell, right? Anyways, it's just cute, because he was so defensive at first. I wonder how he became so attached so quickly... maybe a little bit of Kroger lives inside of that therapist. Then again, a little bit of Kroger lives in us all.  

YAY 9000
Crew

Azure Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:30 pm
I love Dr. Kroger <3
They found a very good Dr. Bell, though 3nodding
He's perfect for Monk (not that way for those who are dirty-minded xD)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:49 pm
Darnit, talking about Kroger makes me wanna cry. He was so amazing, and we had all come to love him, BUT THEN HE JUST HAD TO GO AND HAVE A HEART ATTACK! scream DARN YOU KROGER! WHY DID YOU DIE?! ASJKA KJALS!!!!!!!1!11!!

crying

Anyways, Dr. Bell is epic. And he was from the Princess Diarys. So that's cool. I'm almost expecting that queen lady to burst through and start making out with him. And I have a dirty mind, but Monk cleaned it for me today. : D So now I'm squeaky clean! ^_^  

YAY 9000
Crew

Azure Firefox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:20 pm
xD
Monk cleans all our minds =D  
YAY 9000 generated a random number between 100 and 100 ... 100!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:27 pm
Yes he does.

If it lands on an even number, that means Mr. Monk is pleased with us! It it is uneven, I will have to eat a whole pinapple, skin and all. sad

EDIT: YAY NO DEATH BY PINAPPLE! Anyways, sorry 'bout that. I'm tired... so, um... who wants to talk about Monk? And... his phobia of this episode? 'Cause I'm sure he's scared of it.  

YAY 9000
Crew

Ceribri
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:24 am

Uhh.. lolwut?
Julie Andrews wouldn't do that. xp

And yeah, the cinematics were awesome. ^^
Poor Monk.. he had enough trouble just trying to survive on a regular boat before...

"Why's it sinking?"
"It's called a submarine."
"That's not a boat!"
"Yes it is."
"Ever heard of the word 'float'?"

rofl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:20 am
Float, boat, what's the difference? They're both in the water.

...right?

The murder part was kind of sad for me, 'cause the dead guys actor was really good. You could actually see the fear on his face, and I actually felt bad for him. Though how the guy actually did the crime was really... simple, and pretty easy to figure out with a real hard Monk Search. Where it's just Monk. Looking at EVERY SINGLE NOOK AND CRANNY IN THE ROOM.

And is it just me, or is Natalie the only assistant that actually finds good men to date? I mean, Sharona kept on finding these losers that were either insane to the point they killed people, or insane to the point you wish you could kill them.  

YAY 9000
Crew

Arkham Unleashed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:08 pm
I loved everything about this episode. It was fantastic and hilarious. It's classic. I liked it when he was talking to his therapist that wasn't actually there. Dr Bell and Monk were great in this episode. Oh, and Natelie's late-husband's friend was like totally hot. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:43 am
Yes. Yes he was.  

YAY 9000
Crew

Anne Packrat

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:31 am
Celestial Deity of Space
I loved everything about this episode. It was fantastic and hilarious. It's classic. I liked it when he was talking to his therapist that wasn't actually there. Dr Bell and Monk were great in this episode. Oh, and Natelie's late-husband's friend was like totally hot. xD

Yes, he is quite hot. I loved this episode, I think it might be one of my favorites simply for how Monk reacted on the submarine. And how they let him believe it even after the episode ended.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:03 pm
Anne Packrat
Celestial Deity of Space

Yes, he is quite hot. I loved this episode, I think it might be one of my favorites simply for how Monk reacted on the submarine. And how they let him believe it even after the episode ended.
Eeeyup. Gotta be really careful with the crazies. One wrong word and you can mess 'em up for life.  

YAY 9000
Crew

dead angel from heavan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:21 am
this episode was realyy funny
i liked how he thought his therapist was with him the whole time XD
he really would have let him self die when they were under water
he is so insane
i love this show!  
You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games