Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply Anime Discussion
Manga vs. Anime Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold
  of course!
View Results

soupeh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:20 pm
Which do you think is better and why?

I'm a manga fan. There is more detail and background for the characters. Anime is so short.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:54 pm
There is no place where you can buy manga in my country. Anime, on the other hand, are being occasionally aired on the local TV stations and I can watch them on the Internet. I have never read a manga, because I certainly can't afford to order it on the Internet and pay it along with the transportation expenses. So, I choose anime, because it's more available.  

Symbolism of number One

soupeh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:27 am
you can always read it online for free.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:01 pm
Really?  

Symbolism of number One

soupeh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:40 am
yep I go to onemanga.com  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 pm
Oh, cool. Thanks.  

Symbolism of number One

bed666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 pm
i like both speshily when the put them together

oops i miss spelled  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:00 pm
Hmm... That's a tough one... I like Anime because you get to hear the voice instead of having to imagine it, but many times the voice actors are chosen wrong for the Manga character. Ceres: Celestial Legend is a great example of this. When you read the Manga, you see Aya & Aki having strong, sort of deep voices, but in the Anime, they're both sort of high-pitched & they almost sound wimpy, & the woman that plays Aya, when she talks, her voice sounds almost strained, like she has to try really hard to read her lines properly.

I think I like Manga better because you can imagine the characters voices to be exactly what they should be according to your own feelings. That & one Manga can have up to 5 or 6 episodes it in, & costs less than one Anime disk that might have only 3 episodes on it. You get farther in 2 books than you do in one disk, & the price is equal for both (2 books equals 1 disk). Then there's the fact that Anime art always (mostly) looks pretty decent, & they sometimes screw up the art work in the Anime series, which distracts you from whether or not the storyline is good.  

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

Te Nori Taiga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:52 pm
For me, it depends on the series.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 am
Personally? I do like both, but manga is my favorite because of the level of detail in each drawing, for example, just the hair is amazing! *wishes i could draw like that*

But I'm not adverse to watching anime either, while the story may be more intense in the manga, being able to watch action sequences is a plus as well. In the end, i think they're both about even since they each have their own pros and cons.  

lady_ruler_of_the_zombies

Aekea Cleric

6,575 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Forum Regular 100

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:07 pm
I don't mind anime and I tend to watch it some times but over the last few years I've come to read more than I watch.

Manga tends to just keep my interest, not to mention has all the background details on characters, plot, and what not. Plus there isn't as many holes in it, the time line goes pretty smoothly where as an anime has to skip things to make sure it stays in the time frame given  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:34 pm
soupeh

I'm a manga fan. There is more detail and background for the characters. Anime is so short.
-------------------------------------
Yep I go to onemanga.com

Same here.
[ I find it more fun to imagine the character's voices and actions in my head. ]  

Foolhardiness

Questionable Prophet

Wishes out of Airplanes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:00 pm
I like both because manga is fun and all and has a great amount of detail and is usually easier to understand. But anime is amazing too. I love being able to watch people move and listen to them talk. I get frusterated if I don't know what someone sounds like because I SUCK at imagining the voices on my own. And plus, you can make/watch amv's with anime! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:52 am
Personally speaking, I prefer to read the manga series rather than the anime... Though it's true that the anime makes it easier to see the story, on the other hand, it skips some scenes, some of it being important parts. Almost all animes... well... actually, ALL animes have some skipped parts from the manga series... which is sometimes really important... I've read Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn from Chapter one till the current update ((chapter 245)) and watched the anime as well ((episode 1-103 and so on...)) and there were some characters that were excluded in the anime ((though I have no objections in that XD ))

Well... I'm just saying... I prefer the Manga... razz  

Hikari de Grazia

Gracious Gekko

32,825 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500

Yuro_23

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:45 pm
koolkat2510
soupeh

-------------------------------------
Yep I go to onemanga.com

Same here.
[ I find it more fun to imagine the character's voices and actions in my head. ]

i go to mangafox.com they have a big selection bigger then onemanga.com does buts its still good.

I like manga better then anime i guess
with the manga does have a longer plot and have many things u cant watch on anime but with anime u can watch there movements and here there voices. for many the voices are sometimes matched wrong like FaithBlack said..one more thing before i continue(THEY HAD AN ANIME SERIES OF CERES: CELESTIAL LEGEND!!!?!? oO) and yeah for me that tottaly kills it. I imagen them a certain way just like how other ppl imagen them there own way and when u see the character u like from a manga in an anime and its not like how u imaged them to be like there voice and stuff it runes it!
so yeah i guess i like manga way more then anime.......crap thats long!  
Anime Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff