Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Surrounded by people...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:46 pm
Who are, for lack of a better word, skeptics...I get frightened some times.
Frightened by the things I do, and the things I think. I'm also frightened by some of the warnings.
Its not a game, I was aware of that well before I began. But I'm still worried.
Nobody will notice if my soul is gone, but my body is still here.

In a crescendo of mounting fear I've decided to ask questions:
Possession. What knowledge do you hold regarding it?
Summoning. Entities you should be aware of?
Pacts. The stupidity of it all?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm
My advice to you is to stop messing around with whatever it is that you are doing. If you are that worried about your soul, it's time to take a big step back. First of all summoning is about the rudest thing you can do (not to mention down right dangerous in many situations). It makes the assumption that you (as the summoner) have controlling power (or should have said power) over the entity that you are summoning. What is it about people that makes them think that they can simply order others around to do their bidding. Also, since you really have no idea what will decide to come through any "portal" that you open, you could easily end up with a lot more than you were expecting. I don't know a lot about possession (through I do believe it is possible), that could be the least of your worries if it decides to stick around and cause trouble. I also really wouldn't suggest making bargains/pacts with anything you have summoned. You really don't know anything about it, and it could just as easily be lying to you.

You should never mess around with things that you have no experience in, and it's best to quit now, before you end up getting yourself into a situation you can't get yourself out of.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

doistu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:09 am
too2sweet has said it all.
Don't mess with what you don't know.
Don't mess with what you don't understand.
Don't mess with what you can't deal with.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:26 am
Agreed.

If you have already done something, or think you may be possessed... seek the council of someone more experienced to help you. Trying to rid yourself of the presence by reading a book, or surfing the internet is a great way to get into trouble.

Don't do this. If you have, get help to cleanse yourself and your home. There are powers that you have no control over at work here, so don't try!  

Jernni

Sparkly Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

doistu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:29 am
As far as I know I always thought posession was a Christian concept  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:41 pm
Possession is simply the act of having your body being taken over by another spirit/entity, and many religions believe in it. It's not always a bad thing, if you consider that channelling is also a form of possession.

In Wiccan ritual, when the HPS invokes the Goddess, she is inviting the Goddess to join with her in actuality - so technically it is a form of possession. (this is different from simply inviting the Goddess to join your circle)  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Verbeley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:53 am
I agree with others, you should step out. Nevertheless the ethical part, but if you are frighten, then definitely you won't be able to control the situation and your "guests".

As for what too2sweet wrote. HPS is also kind of possession, but from my experience, it's nice feeling, but you can't loose the connection with you smile
And as with every summoning you need to be aware of what you're doing and the goddess/god you are inviting. Still I find it more safe then summoning some spirits or creatures you don't know much about.

Mea  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:10 pm
I didn't mean to imply that Invoking was unpleasant in anyway, sorry. I am sure that it is a profound experience. I agree that you need to know exactly who it is that you are invoking, though.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Verbeley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:24 am
too2sweet
I didn't mean to imply that Invoking was unpleasant in anyway, sorry. I am sure that it is a profound experience. I agree that you need to know exactly who it is that you are invoking, though.

You did not sound like it was. I said to confront that with summoning other beings, which is not that pleasant, right? and thank you.

Mea

btw great avatar.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm
Thank you!
biggrin  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:58 pm
Wow. I agree you need to take a big step back and deal with these issues. Please seek some sort of guidance or counseling IRL. Look for respected members of your local pagan community and/or secular counselors. That will cover both the spiritual and emotional aspects of the things you are talking about.

I also agree with Sweet.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff