Reply Breaking Dawn
Bella Unshielding Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:46 am
When i read that she could finally unshield i was so tempted to throw the book.

I don't know why, but Edward never reading her thoughts was a nice barrier, something to signify she was different to the rest of the people in the world, like it was physical proof she was his weakness.

But when she took it off for him .... stressed scream talk2hand evil gonk stare

Does anyone agree with my pointless rants?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:42 am
I know, I got so angry with the book! I mean I thought it was something special and it turned out just to be a power!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:18 am
Emo Oompa Loompa
I know, I got so angry with the book! I mean I thought it was something special and it turned out just to be a power!

I knew it was going to be a power. (A sucky one, but a power all the same)

But i can't believe Stephenie made it so that she takes away one of Bella's most important characteristics. I still really am annoyed at it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 am
xXserenitys-smileXx
Emo Oompa Loompa

I knew it was going to be a power. (A sucky one, but a power all the same)

But i can't believe Stephenie made it so that she takes away one of Bella's most important characteristics. I still really am annoyed at it.

Yeah, I mean why did she have to show Edward? That was her thing and she just goes and shows him!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

LexiLu Latte

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:01 am
it didnt make me 2 angry but a little yes.
i understand what u ppl are saying(thats the angry part for me) but also it was kinda like the special moments they used to have in twilight and eclipse..so that was sweet
but i understand u  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:59 pm
See, and this is what kind of makes me mad jut a tiny a bit [this complaining]. That is where the love comes into to Breaking Dawn. I think she did that on purpose for Edward. He's always wanted to know what was inside of her head, and she let him have a moment of it. And plus, to add more love, she just showed him their history.

She'll always have her shield to keep him out of her head. It's not like she'll keep it down forever.

Oh, and her shield power is suppose to be a special power. I don't know why everyone says it's a stupid power. :/

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

cookwii

Hilarious Elder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:47 pm
Pubic Genital Lice
See, and this is what kind of makes me mad jut a tiny a bit [this complaining]. That is where the love comes into to Breaking Dawn. I think she did that on purpose for Edward. He's always wanted to know what was inside of her head, and she let him have a moment of it. And plus, to add more love, she just showed him their history.

She'll always have her shield to keep him out of her head. It's not like she'll keep it down forever.

Oh, and her shield power is suppose to be a special power. I don't know why everyone says it's a stupid power. :/
i agree 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:18 pm
thats what i was trying to say but i couldnt quite find the words xd  

LexiLu Latte

kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:13 pm
Pubic Genital Lice

Exactly! It was one way she could show her love for Edward. And it's not like the shield stayed down...heck she had serious trouble even getting it down...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:40 pm
What are you talking about? That part was awesome! I was so happy for Edward. And it's not like she can't "re-shield". That was one of the few good parts in the book....

And ask for her power, wtf did you expect? One that didn't make sense for Bella? I have my reserves about the book, but some parts weren't completly stupid. Her power was cool, it made sense and it wasn't "Too much" like everything else.  

Aqua Anjel

xXserenitys-smileXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:01 am
I understand what you guys are saying, i truly do. and i know Bella can re-shield. And i know what it means to Edward to finally be able to hear her, and i know how much more convenient that this can make their relationship.

But to me, her finally being able to unshield seems like a betrayal (wow that sounds so drastic). She's like the only one that has a private mind, and turning it off at times, well i think her shield should be like a gift you can't let other people borrow (?).  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:08 am
I thought it was a kick a** power, but Iono I didn't think it was the best way to end the book, personally. Sweet? Yes. Weird? Kinda. Annoying? A bit, but whatever. It's over and done with now.  

Post Coital Cookie

Bloblike Loiterer

MusicGNote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:15 pm
Pubic Genital Lice

Thank you. I completely agree. Plus, I thought it was kind of sexy. A perfect way to end the book. Don't you think Edward would go crazy if he never got to hear her thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:13 pm
I thought it was a wawy of expressing her feelings in a wa yhe couldn't ever doubt, so I was okay with it.  

hkkpfwg96

WineChan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:25 pm
I didn't mind it at all actually. I was still hoping, and hoping now as well, that Bella's power could also be a mirror shiled of some sort, so she could reflect back powers, like jane's, and throw it back at them.....  
Breaking Dawn

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff