Reply Manga
Boys Kissing Boys and Girls Kissing Girls

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

(v)orbid.Angel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:50 am
I'm an ardent fan of yaoi. The stories somehow seem sweeter than the regular straight ones, but maybe that's just me. The art is usually better than the equally cheesy straight romances, and all the yaoi I've encountered irl comes with a cool monochromatic cover and a full color bookjacket which I think is swifty.
i've never been able to find any yuri though, and I find that kinda odd and disheartening. I wanna see girls kiss girls!
So, roundhouse opinions on yaoi/shounen-ai and yuri/shojo-ai?
Series you've particularly enjoyed? Reasons for the series?
Recommendations?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:59 pm
Zomg.... That's just... Wrong... In all sorts of ways. I stick with Shonen. And I like stuff that makes fun of Sentai stuff.  

Sergeant Waddle

G33K 1N P1NK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:41 pm
Mhm, how come you think it's wrong? Against your belief's or something?

I really enjoy shounen-ai and yaoi! It's usually very tasty, with an original storyline! Besides, I always thought boys+boys = Sexy.

I think my most recent yaoi anime I've watched is Okane ga Nai, I really recommed that. Very tasty indeed, and the art is so adorable!

I'm currently reading a shounen-ai, Loveless. I personally like the manga better than the anime.. because they cut the anime short. D:.

I don't have a favorite yet, because I havn't watched many. But I really enjoy;

-Okane ga Nai
- Gravitation
-Loveless.

'Nuff said. 8D.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:11 am
Insomniac Insanity

I'm currently reading a shounen-ai, Loveless.
-Okane ga Nai
- Gravitation
-Loveless.

Oh my gosh! don't get me started on Gravitation. Its like my favorite of all time. Shuichi is so adorable, and Yuki is just so sexy. and I loved the mecha-panda at the end. that was awesome.

I also REALLY like Loveless, however I stopped reading around 6 or 7 because I couldn't keep up with the borrowing circle.  

(v)orbid.Angel

Sudocry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 am
omg gravitation is awesome. I love watching the anime and reading the manga. At first When I realized it was a yaoi was when I saw the anime. It kindof shocked me but after I realized I was bi it became one of my top favorites.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:57 am
Nelio
omg gravitation is awesome. I love watching the anime and reading the manga. At first When I realized it was a yaoi was when I saw the anime. It kindof shocked me but after I realized I was bi it became one of my top favorites.

so which one is your favorite? shuichi or yuki?  

(v)orbid.Angel

G33K 1N P1NK

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:39 am
Gravitation remained my favorite shounen-ai [the anime] for awhile!

Not sure if it's my favorite anymore, but it's to a point were I'm collecting the manga's 8D.

I don't have a favorite. I liked Shuichi for his attitude, his up's and down's were hilarious!

I liked Yuki too.. he was a mysterious and distant character. That really got me interested!

Anyone have any shounen-ai suggestions? [Shounen-ai, because I'm watching too many yaoi at the moment!]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:45 pm
I read and collected all of the Gravitation books. Then I bought the novels. The series was awesome because I understood Shuichi 'cause he is hyper and sometimes sad. Yuki is pretty and Shuichi is adorable. I want to kidnap Shu chan! heart I also like Loveless. Fake is cool but the artwork isn't too appealing to me. The characters aren't pretty enough. Until the Full Moon was a fun read. It was by the same person that wrote Fake so the characters looked exactly like the ones from Fake. I want to read yuri but the only ones I can find are online that you have to download and I don't remember the site anymore. sweatdrop  

lovebutterflyangel

Shameless Lunatic

12,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Object of Affection 150

G33K 1N P1NK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:55 am
Ooh~ I needed to comment on your signature! :'3 Twilight = WIN.

That put aside ...

I looked at Fake.. but the art really hurts my eyes.. I know, a bit judging. But sometimes it's hard to read a manga when the art just isn't your taste, no? =_=.

Hmm? Any other shounen-ai I forgot to mention?
Oh - muttermutter- Can't think of any at the moment.
Bleh ><

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 pm

I don't like Yaoi that much.

But I <3 YURI/SHOUJO-AI. :3
I watch/read more shoujo-ai than regular straight anime. xD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click them please~
&&Questing Jinxi's Charm 1st Gen.~

- The Depp Effect -

Wistful Lover

16,650 Points
  • Cool Competitor 150
  • Clambake 200
  • Hesitant Participant 100

Detective-Katsuragi Yako

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:26 pm
To hell with what sexuality the main characters are (or the genre for that matter) If I like it, I'll watch/read it. Hell, I've read a few good Ecchi. (Dei ecchi Ei, you should read it, good story line.) A few with some moments (Musume no Otaku-san... I think...)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:38 pm
I've never read this manga.. is it good? I don't mind that it's yaoi.
But I can't do shonen.. so hopefully it's a good shojo?  

Destructive-Kiwi
Vice Captain

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers