Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:30 am
The Owlery

Those who have pet owls, they can be kept up here. Those who do not, are free to use any of the owls here to send letters out to their families or wherever else they should need to.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:12 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds
User Image

Riley stroked the soft feathers of her family’s white owl. The creature only cooed with glee as she did so. This particular owl was hers. Each of those in her family had specific owls that they used. Letting out a small sight the girl pulled a letter tied together with a light blue string and sealed with her family’s mark she pet the owls head again before speaking. ”I wonder…If I was to hard.” Her voice trailed off as her eyes looked to the messy ground. She wondered briefly when the rain was going to end. If it would today. The steady rain flow made the girl feel a bit more calm in her surroundings. She rather liked the rain. At least this sort of rain. It was not too cool out, and it was not pouring as though a flood would come. Placing the letter to the owl it quickly snatched it within it’s beak and cooed. ”Go on then Mutluck, take it to Mother. She would like the news.” Upon her letter she spoke very vaguely. She didn’t want to make her mother worry, or concern her. She spoke of her cousin. How he was doing well, how it was interesting already this year. This yet again she didn’t go into detail of. She figured it would be better that way. As the white feathered owl embarked out in the rain the girl stood and watched with dazed eyes. She wondered what her mother and father were doing right now. As with her eldest brother. She disliked the thought of not seeing them for this long amount of time. Her family was odd in their ways, but never the less they were and always would be her family.

She watched the rain again. Waiting. For what exactly she didn’t know herself but it was like she was waiting for a sign. The rain kept flowing from the dark clouds. It seemed not like it was going to stop. Whatever she was planning today seemed to not be of use to her. The rain would challenge it whatever she tried. Placing her left arm across her body she rested her right elbow on her arm and placed her hand to her face. She wondered what the rain would bring today. What she could do with keeping herself occupied. Whatever it was she would have to be crafty. She hated being inside on a dark gloomy day. Rather than that she hated dark and gloomy days.

[[That was kinda short. Blah.]]

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

youLOVEamelia
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 pm
Lily | Luna | Potter

Said I forgot, but I did not
Dreams we have had play in my head
Did we believe the cry of the wind?
Did we regret? Would we forget?

User Image
It was about time Lily got to the Owlery! She hadn't been able to get there since getting to school. As her father's letter dictated, it was time for her to write to her mother, who was always a nervous wreck about her youngest child going to school, despite the fact that she'd been there for a couple years now. She usually managed to keep on top of communicating with her mother, but lately Lily had been so busy with her schoolwork that it was almost impossible to have time for anything else. Fourth year was so much harder than the previous years! When did everything become so difficult? Regardless, after breakfast, she managed to sit down and write a nice letter to her mother, reading:

Dear Mom,

It's been a great first week at Hogwarts. I'm sure you heard all about the Triwizard Tournament that's going to be held again after all these years. Don't worry, though. I'm not old enough to put my name in the Goblet of Fire. After that story you told me about Uncle George and Uncle Fred, I definitely won't try. Besides, even if I did and by some miracle was picked, I'm sure Albus would kill me before I got to the first task. Anyway, I hope everything is going well at home. Say hello to everyone for me!

Love always,
Lily

Now that it was finished, she walked up the steps to the Owlery, trying to hurry so the rain didn't drench her. She wasn't a big fan of precipitation, mostly because it gave her sinus headaches, but she was desperately in need of contacting her worried mother. So there she was.

It was a surprise to find Miss Riley Renolds also sending out a letter. Maybe Neville was right...should she ask her about Albus? He seemed so down after talking to the Slytherin girl. She had to have had something to do with it. But it was none of her business...But Albus was her brother! She had to look out for him. Going to an owl, she tried to ignore the other girl as she attached the letter to its leg. "Take this to mum," she said, petting it gratefully on the head. The owl hooted before taking flight out into the rain. For a moment, Lily felt guilty for making the animal go out in this weather.

This thought was forgotten when she turned to Riley. She absolutely had to ask. "Hey Riley? I wanted to asked you something..." She paused, not exactly sure how to ask her question. "Well...I noticed how down my brother was this morning after talking to you and I wonder if you knew anything. He seemed really upset. Did you maybe...say something to him?" She didn't want to sound like she was accusing the girl of anything, but what else could have merited such a mood swing from her older brother?

Winters have come and gone you know
Winters have come and gone you know
But I’ll miss you young and sweet
For a dance round the memory tree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:30 pm
[R]iley [E]lizabeth [R]enolds

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

[[Pardon me; I’d not seen this until after my previous posts.]]

Watching her bird fly off with grace until it disappeared in to the distance. The girl’s almond colored eyes watched as far as she could .Oh to fly, a marvelous thing. Rain was annoying, it made it hard to fly in and even harder to keep form getting a cold. Riley exhaled and hoped her mother would get her letter soon. Some news from her would be rather nice; and a comfort to her. Thinking of the conversation she’d just had with the Potter boy her stomach felt a bit odd and turned as she thought of it. She felt terrible at the thought. A tear began to fall down to her shoe. A whimper sound came from her as she cried. Soon she was surprised by a body appearing. The girl jumped as the new comer appeared. Quickly wiping her face she noted it was Lily potter. The younger sister of the Potter boy. The girl gritted her teeth trying to keep from bursting an apology to the girl. As his little sister spoke she waited.

Riley stood there; Slightly dumbfounded by the girls question before glancing to the ground and clenching her fist to the side. The girl swallowed a lump in her throat before bellowing ”Why does it matter to you? It’s none of your business, now is it!” Riley’s anger was fake, and without saying anything more the girl huffed one last comment ”I bid you a good day, and I beseech you to leave it alone.” As she spoke this she walked past the girl and headed to the great hall for the assembly.

Petite Hibou

Dapper Explorer

Snake_in_my_Boot
Crew

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 pm
Attention!!!

I have moved the date to Sunday, September 8th
Time to wake up after few hours of sleep thanks to late night celebrations!
Hopefully this somewhat of a fresh start will get everything back up and running

Other Places Inside and Outside the Castle

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games