Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Anime Movies and Manga titles.
Shoujo or Shonen? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Todays Tomorrow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:37 pm
I personally like both of them. Shoujo for their focus on more realistic things or in the very least the main character is a girl (which doesn't happen very often in shonen), and shonen for the action, violence, and actiony adventureness.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:07 am
I prefer shonen (even if I'm female) because most shoujo focuses on romance, or even if they don't, there will always be romance clinging on it. I think both of them equally focus on realistic things though. well, everybody has there own preference on anime.

I do prefer seinen and josei more than shoujo and shonen but that's out of the question ninja  

Scar Face Skeleton

pharaohs_sister

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:32 am
I'm going with Shonen on this one...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:17 am
I prefer shoujo exclaim I guess it's because I'm more in to romance 4laugh ... I still like shounen though... It's really exciting to watch exclaim  

Mina Kobayashi

5,050 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200

BlackQueen18

Wealthy Entrepreneur

4,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Pie Feeder 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:37 am
Mina Kobayashi
I prefer shoujo exclaim I guess it's because I'm more in to romance 4laugh ... I still like shounen though... It's really exciting to watch exclaim

yea i think so to ^_^ i like both of them^^ because the guys are hot in shoujo and in shounen they are powerful and sometimes they are hot too... ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 pm
Scar Face Skeleton
I prefer shonen (even if I'm female) because most shoujo focuses on romance, or even if they don't, there will always be romance clinging on it. I think both of them equally focus on realistic things though. well, everybody has there own preference on anime.

I do prefer seinen and josei more than shoujo and shonen but that's out of the question ninja

whoa!!! ur also here... i wonder u've lesser activity on the other guild... good 4 both of us... xd

idk those terms are but i watched romantic comedy and action at same time... xd

Bleach tehehee...  

alvhinne

PrayForUs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:59 pm
Both.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:42 am
Scar Face Skeleton
idk those terms are but i watched romantic comedy and action at same time...

Shoujo is the term for anime/manga aimed at young girls. Usually it's about an average teenage girl thrust into a weird situation, or a boy who meets a special girl and falls in love with her. There's lots of romance and sparkles and cute things, usually comedy, and is mostly about stuff that happens in a high school or everyday life. Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, Peach Girl, and Chobits are shoujo.

Shonen is the term for anime/manga aimed a teenage boys. Usually those are about a tough-talking young guy who really has a heart of gold, who gets tossed into a situation where there's lots of fighting and power-ups and explosions, and sprays of blood and cool weapons. The main guy is usually secretly special or all-powerful for some reason, and he sometimes has friends who help him. Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, Trigun, and Dragonball are shonen.  

onagakami

onagakami

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:46 am
I'm an action girl, so even though I like romance sometimes, I prefer mecha or fantasy shonen. Explosions and bigass swords/robots = win. Ideally the story would be action-adventure with a little bit of romance sprinkled in.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:00 am
I_am_Ryuk-Kira87
Both.

Same here. Depends on my mood. But I usually still stick with Shoujo.  

Akira Nakamura

MearaT

Rainbow Raider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:31 pm
I've read a few with elements of both, and it's those I love...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 pm
eek ...............SHONEN! scream .......... mrgreen  

Yuri Hiou

quik fire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:47 pm
since i never have seen both id rather stick with big wind up! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Akira Nakamura
I_am_Ryuk-Kira87
Both.

Same here. Depends on my mood. But I usually still stick with Shoujo.
Same here. I do prefer shoujo most of the time, but if you turn on Shippuden or Death Note, I'll love it.  

Freely_Changing_Spirit

Beloved Dabbler

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Citizen 0

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:53 pm
Well Shonen is pretty awesome with fighting and explosion, then Shoujo satisfies my sugar candy girly side which I sometimes wish would die.

So it evens out pretty well.  
Anime Movies and Manga titles.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces