Reply The Twilight Movie
is it just me?.......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i am the slaughter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:04 pm
or are other people not looking forward to the twilight movie as well?
i have heard it isn't very true to the book in several scenes.....
please give me your opinions!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:35 pm
Pffffttttt. I'm looking forward to it! I can't wait! Not EVERY movie has to follow the book it's based off of to be great! BE OPTIMISTIC PEOPLE! It's going to be AMAZING!  

Rancid Cupcakes

T0m03

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:22 pm
Well, there are so many important scenes in the book to the fans that I don't think the movie would have been able to do it justice anyway. Especially not in a mere 2 hours. The thing is, I think it's a little harder to turn this book into a script because of the dialogue. Most of the book is Bella describing everything, as if she were writing in a diary and I would think that turning that into a movie would make the film a bit dry. Only we, the fans, can know and understand the depth of this story because we've read the book, because it's in words and not seen in action. We can imagine things for ourselves instead of letting others do the telling. That's why I think the movie should be different from the book so that it's a good movie. It should be made so that people who haven't read the book can still go watch it, like it, and maybe even pick up the book afterwards.

Kinda like Harry Potter. When I first read Harry Potter, my mind ran WILD! So when I saw the first movie, I was kinda disappointed. There were so many parts that they left out and I didn't feel that the movie did the book justice... Reading the book kinda ruined my movie experience and I stopped doing either. I ran out of time and patience reading, and to me, there were better movies out in theatres. That doesn't mean I'm barred to enjoy the movies if I DO happen to see them, though, right? Just because I haven't read the books doesn't mean I don't have the right to see the movies. So take that principle and apply it to the Twilight series. They want to make a good movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 am
i cant wait til' the movie comes out!and when it does im seeing it right away!i fell so impatient!!im sure itll be amazing just like the books!  

Flamming Arachnids

5,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • First step to fame 200

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:19 pm
It is 100% impossible to make a movie true to a book, especially one this long. The movie would be like eight hours long, because you have to remember that in a movie we see parts we don't see in the book, it won't just follow Bella around for two hours, we'll see Edward in Alaska, we get to see them hunt James, we get to see James' coven before they meet the Cullens.

So we have to throw out all our unreal expectations, like expecting the movie to follow the book word for word, won't happen, will never happen, could never happen.

So all we can fairly expect is for the movie to follow the basic storyline, and include most (if not all) of the important scenes.

Plus, I've heard that Stephenie is quite fond of the movie, and we all know we wounldn't be fond of a movie that completely butchered our literary works.So I'm pretty confident that if Stephenie likes it, it will be a good film. And Catherine (the director) is a pretty big fan and I doubt she would murder something she loves.

I have confidence (especially since the second trailer came out) that this will be a good movie, and it will stay true to Twilight. (Plus, think of the riots it would cause if it sucked . . . I know I wouldn't want to be directing it . . .)

The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games