Reply The Twilight Movie
Jasper's Twilight Tuesday Fame

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kira kira fuwa fuwa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:06 pm
I am a little bit not happy with the guy that plays Jasper. His voice is a little off to me; I don't like that guy's voice. Also, he was all, "I want to keep Jasper's power down to a low level, I want him to be more realistic. I want to steer around it and not really use the power, I am not really going to act out his power very much blah blah." What? I mean, um, Jasper isn't very big in Twilight; and if they take out the main part that makes him important in Twilight; I mean, um- What? Whyyy? :
I'm a little disappointed, but don't get me wrong; I'm still excited and hyper about the movie.
The Video:
(scroll down to view the loading clips)
Twilight Tuesday: Jasper Cullen

So what do you think of:
The actor?
The hair?
The accent? (both; the actor's and Jasper's)
The powers?
This Twilight Tuesday?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm
I think it would become more effective for his powers to stay suttle. We, as the readers, already know what he can do, but if he's just doing it in his mind and not really acting as if he is, then no one else will realize it for awhile. I think he's just saying that he doesn't want to do it in an obvious way such as in Star Wars where the jedis just kinda wave their hand over the other person's face and say "you don't want to..." and they do it. It's cool, but corny after awhile. Besides, he's a vampire who's trying to be inconspicuous. Obviously if he walks into a room and the whole crowd all of a sudden feels a lot happier or calmer... That might peak a few people's curiosities.

I'm sure the actor will do fine.
I have no idea why people would have problems with his hair...
I would think he would have a southern accent but I haven't paid closely enough attention to protest against it if he doesn't sound like he is from the south.
I've already explained how I feel about the powers on the paragraph above.
I don't watch MTV.  

T0m03

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 pm
i read the interview, && i think he has a point.
btw, i was born && raised in Texas, so it might be because i hear the accent so often that i'm used to it, but i can't really tell he has one.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 am
He has an accent? I didn't notice it... odd and the hair is adressed in another twilight tuesday. I don't watch MTV either but twilight tuesday is not a show it is a BLOG so you might want to check it out you might not I'm just informing you because I don't like the slutty part of MTV myself but Twilight tuesday is not like that at all and all I know is that Jackson Rathbone (Jasper) is HILARIOUS!!!! *(see my signature for an example) then there was the "who would win in a fight the Twilight vampires or the Harry Potter characters?" (something like that not the exact words) and he said "I don't know they've got brooms" soooo funny! xd  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 am
Jasper's gift has always been discribed as being rather subtle. It's not like he does all these crazy arm motions and says phrases. He does it all in his mind, you can't really act that out, it would just look like he was staring at whoever he was manipulating (he doesn't even need to stare . . . ), so I cannot find a problem with him not acting it out, because there's really nothing to act.

I quite like Jackson Rathbone. I think he was a good casting call, and I really liked what he had to say in that interview. He's quite intellegent and brought up a lot of good points I had never considered myself. And so that bumped him up quite a bit in my books.

His hair is fine. I can completely see Jasper's hair looking something like that. I thought it looked a little bit too much like it belonged on That 70s Show, but I've accepted it now. It looks good.
I never actually noticed he had an accent . . . But it would make sence that Jasper would have a little bit of a Southern twang. Of course he would loose most of it, but there would still be that subtle twang to some of his words (Like Carlisle's faint Brittish accent).

I can't say I follow Twilight Tuesday too closely. I check up on it now and then, but because I cannot view the videos from my lovel location here in Canada, it looses a lot of it's appeal . . . They should really make it more available, it's hardly fair.

Overall, I am please with the choice of Jackson Rathbone. He gets the Tanis seal of approval!

The Twilight Movie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games