Submit

Interesting?
  NO. It's stupid.
  There are actually names for them?
  cool. :]
View Results

WineChan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:08 pm
I've been researching online about mythology, and a cute little vampire site came up explaining vampire terminology. Here's some words:

Dhampir

Believed to be the offspring of a male vampire and his female human "lover", the dhampir was usually male and had a unique ability to sense and thereby more easily destroy vampires. In the gypsy belief, many dhampir hired themselves out as vampire killers due to these valuable traits. These traits were also hereditary, and the dhampir's offspring would inherit his talents as well.

Incubus/Succubus

Both the incubus and the succubus are known as demons, similar to vampires. The male (incubus) was thought to slip into a woman's bedroom and force her to have sex. The female (succubus) was thought to do similar things to males. These vampires differ from the common vampire in that they drink a person's energy rather than their blood or life force. See Chameleon to read a short story about a succubus attack.

Nosferatu

Derived from old Slavic language, Nosferatu means plague-carrier. The vampire's bite was at the time thought to be the cause of the spread of tuberculosis. Bram Stoker made the world known world over in association with the vampire with Van Helsing's speech about Lucy, saying, "The nosferatu do not die like the bee when he stings once. He is only stronger..."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:11 pm
blaugh Renesmee the Dhampir♪  

kira kira fuwa fuwa

Sakyla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:55 pm
the succubus and incubus r scary  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 pm
i'm all 3 >.>  

The 4th Yondaime-Hokage

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:45 am
There's a Dracula movie with what seemed to have a Incubus/Succubus on it. I didn't finish it because it was kind of weird and strange. But the Incubus/Succubus forced this chick to have sex with it. But it turned the chick into a vampire. It was all sexual and stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:18 am
i already knew Incubus/Succubus && Nosferatu, but Dhampir is new to me. my friend has this big Vampire encyclopedia, && when i can borrow it i'll find some terms to put up. :]  

pinkcatminht

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:17 pm
can you post the link for the site?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:03 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
can you post the link for the site?
here you go:

http://www.angiemckaig.com/pathway-circa1997/uploads/vampire/vampire_facts/vampire_titles.htm  

WineChan

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:04 pm
thanks biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:18 pm
tl;dr but it looks totally awesome. i shall get back to that.  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Aradia_Dasiana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 pm
i feel that a vampire can be more than all those things.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games