one with flames for wings,
  and one with almost transluscent faerie wings,
  in a meadow, trying to fly...
  Can this end well?
View Results

oc3anofnightmar3s

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:08 am
[Backdated to July 9th.]

Ocean, having been graced with a day off from work, decided on impulse to take Evelyn out of the apartment for the day. She felt guilty for not taking her to Illusion Headquarters so long, and even guiltier for not doing it now. but at least this way there would be a change in environment.

There was no real path to the woods. Just over the bridge and through a clearing, and there it was. Of course trails were paved within it's confines, some carved of dirt. And to keep travelers wary of where they were going, there were signs and markers pointing out ranger stations, rest stops, the next city, etc.

But off those trails, was a clearing, a meadow of sorts surrounded by a cluster of willow trees. This is where Evelyn and Ocean were. Enjoying a small picnic of sorts. Not expecting to run into anyone else...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:25 am
"Evelyn, did you finish reading that short story I gave you on Mythology?"

Evelyn stopped mid-chomp of her half eaten fruit, and nodded her head vigorously. "Yes I did. And the movie Hercules was off. Hera was not Hercule's mommy..."

Ocean smiled. "That's right. But I'm your mommy, and you need to finish that nectarine."

Evelyn bit down into the apple and peach love child, not really savoring the taste when the thought of mothers came to mind.

An image. A quick one, was there and gone before even a second passed. But Evelyn recognized the features immediately. Deep chocolate and pale green eyes. These were the features of the girl she had seen in her dreams on occasion. But this time, they were on a woman. About her mid-thirties.

The image surprised her, why would her mind suddenly conjure up that picture? A memory maybe? But of what?

She shrugged it away and took another bite of her nectarine.

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:46 am
Ah, the great outdoors. It wasn't often that Anala wandered so far away from home, and walking the whole way to the woods was probably not one of her brighter ideas but. She could not deny that her surroundings were pretty cool. Moving along with her eyes focused up towards the trees, Anala barely noticed when her feet left the trail, taking her towards a clearing.

She did notice when a tree root tripped her up, though, sending her face first into the ground.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:03 am
Evelyn nearly jumped out of her skin and the last bit of the nectarine went flying out of her hand, landing in the grass somewhere for a small animal to make a meal out of.

She looked through the swaying branches of the willow trees instantly saw the brilliant, flaming colors on the back of a brown hair girl. This seemed vaguely familiar...

She got up and walked in her direction. "Do you need some help?"

Looking closer she noticed that the flames weren't hurting the girl, it was like they were attached to her. She looked over her shoulder and fluttered her wings a bit.

'Maybe...'

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:14 pm
Anala emitted a small groan, rubbing her forehead as she sat up. "Ow. Ow. That was stupid." Looking up instead of forward, very stupid. Geez... "I'm okay!" she called out, looking towards Evelyn. "Really. Just feeling a little silly." Anala grinned sheepishly, getting to her feet. Once she finished brushing herself off, she looked at Evelyn and--well, she would've offered a handshake, but her hand was kinda dusty. Um.

Clasping her hands behind her back, Anala tilted her head in greeting. "Uh...hello there." She paused awkwardly, then added. "Cool wings, by the way. Haven't seen ones like those before." Or so she thought. Maybe. She kinda felt like she was forgetting something, but--eh.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:42 pm
Evelyn grinned at the other girl.

"Thank you. Yours are pretty neat too. They look like fire."

Her own gins fluttered in excitement. "My name is Evelyn by the way. And say, you don't don't happen to know anyone else with wings like us do you...?"

It would only make sense to ask her if she was an Illusion as well. That way she would know if she had to cover up her own with a colorful story.

All the while, Ocean kept a watchful on her daughter. She couldn't help but assume that the other girl was an Illusion as well. She vaguely remember a small brown haired child with brilliant burning wings...

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:57 pm
Anala brushed her hands off again, nodding her head. "Thanks. I'm Anala, and yeah I did see someone else. I think?" She placed a hand under her chin, hmming contemplatively. "It was a while ago. I think they were kinda feathery, though. A little different." She flapped her hands, mimicking wings, and shrugged. That kid's--something...something-Fell?--were a bit different, but compared to hers, she guessed, his were more normal. Ehhh. Wings were wings, right...?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:48 pm
Evelyn pouted into a thinking facial. Of all the past friends she has at Illusions, who among them had feathery wings...?

Ayame... No, hers were pink and butterfly-like.

Mereneth? No. His would be leathery and dragon-like...

The memory of a black, crow? Raven...? A black bird went across her mind.

"...Blackfell...?"

It was a brief moment in her life, but she recalled a little black bird that made her laugh, a lot.

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:10 am
"Yeah!" Anala clapped her hands together, remembering. "That was his name. You met him too, huh?" Anala tilted her head, smiling slightly. It was fuzzy, but what she did remember of Blackfell was pleasant. Then a thought came to her and she raised her eyebrows. "Feathery, like a bird's. I wonder if he can fly with those."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:05 pm
Evelyn's face lit up immediately. Excitement would have been quite an understatement. She was elated to have found another Illusion.

"Yes, yes I have. It was along time ago though. He looked like a little black bird in a pink bubble. I'm sure he's grown by now though..."

She pondered some more and at the mention of flight her eyes sparkled.

"Can you fly? With your wings I mean."

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:10 pm
Anala blinked. Black bird...in a pink bubble? Blackfell? Really? "Huh. He looked like a normal kid to me. Well," Anala paused and corrected herself, "A normal kid, with wings. That must've been a looong time ago." She grinned and rocked back on her heels, an instinctive reaction to Evelyn's really good mood. "That would've been fun to see."

At Evelyn's question, Anala blinked again, grin replaced by a startled expression. "Flying? I--huh, I don't think so...yanno, I never really thought of that." Her wings flared briefly as she considered the idea, surprise giving way to curiosity. For all that she had wings, she'd never really thought of flying--there'd never been any reason to. It was cool, watching birds and butterflies and whatnot take to the air, but a bird or butterfly she was not, and walking on the ground wasn't so bad. "Never tried it." Her grin returned. Could she fly, or not--it'd be interesting to find out.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:37 pm
Imagining little Blackfell as a kid, just like her made Evelyn grin. "I guess it was."

Her thoughts lingered on the insects that frequently visited her balcony, their wings lifting them away from the petals and leaves.

"I can't say I have either..."

Her wings twitched in excitement at the idea, and for once her mind made a turn for a reckless thought. "Maybe we should try..."

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:11 pm
"Where'dyou think we should start?" Anala asked, rocking back on her heels. "I mean, most animals n' bugs just take right off, but I dunno if that's the same for people?" She shifted restlessly from one foot to the other, thinking. They could try that; for all that people weren't made to fly, that's what they usually did in cartoons and things if they had wings--but those were cartoons. And usually, the wings on those people were bigger than the ones on her and Evelyn. But it might still work anyway, and they wouldn't know until they tried. "Wanna try that first?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:35 pm
Evelyn looked around and through her quick skim didn't find a suitable tree that was low enough to take off of. She'd have to check thoroughly later.

"Sure!" she chirped.

"But why don't I introduce you to my mommy first. She can watch over us in case something happens."

oc3anofnightmar3s

Tahoi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:00 pm
"Okay." Anala bobbed her head, smiling. "She's the lady over there, right?" Tilting her head in Ocean's direction, she let her gaze slide that-a-way, towards the only other person in the clearing. The lady looked friendly.  
+Illusionary+

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff