Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Your favorite caches

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:39 am
What are your favorite or most memorable caches visited so far?

My favorite is the Top of the Mount virtual cache on top of Mount Fuji in Japan (waypoint GC7AA7). It took 11 hours and all night for me to reach the top but it was worth it for the awesome view of the nightime sky and the sunrise seen from over 12,000+ feet.

My favorite cache of my own is Captain McHarry's Vault on the Indiana cliffs overlooking the Ohio River (waypoint GCRCT5). It has become something of a local legend and a "milestone cache" among geocachers in the area due to its difficult approach, nice view and the overall creepyness of the burial vault itself.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm
I've climbed Mt. Fuji too when visiting the mainland with my mom's old foreign exchange student from Germany when he was there, too bad I didn't know about geocaching at the time or that definitely would have been my favorite too, so far my favorite was this one that led to a nice little fishing lake that I like to go to  

blooddirt

Xhirachu

Fashionable Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:29 pm
I don't have a favorite since I haven't gone in so long. You should take me with you next time. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:27 pm
My fave is one that is in a library in Victoria BC Canada. It is in a hollow book. A really neat hide.
I also like one near my house that makes you climb a mountian and rapell down a gorge. Needless to say it has only been journaled three times in the last four years. I going for it next year. lol  

nastywillow

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:05 pm
nastywillow
My fave is one that is in a library in Victoria BC Canada. It is in a hollow book. A really neat hide.
I also like one near my house that makes you climb a mountian and rapell down a gorge. Needless to say it has only been journaled three times in the last four years. I going for it next year. lol

Could you give me the waypoint for that cache please? I'd love to watch it and maybe do it myself someday. If I ever hit the lottery I want to hit caches in all kinds of remote places such as the Arctic Circle, Easter Island and Ascension Island.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:20 pm
After going on my first official geocaching trip my favorite so far is the cute micro cache we found by the church.  

Xhirachu

Fashionable Genius

Robo Lucca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 am
My favorite cache is one located on my university's campus (San Diego State University), if only for the fact that it was placed by one of the campus groundskeepers. Its placement is very clever!
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b4c8ec1b-1e50-4af0-a5d7-9d8dc5d34ea8  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:53 am
My favourite was on Dingo Beach in Queensland, Australia. Most amazing and quiet beach with gorgeous views over islands, I could have stayed forever. the GC code is GCWHYZ
We posted a pic (adam with cache)  

Shellykulele

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 pm
My favorite Cache is GCVA7Z Treasure of the Black Pearl by Old Navy(he is kind of a legend in the Northern New Jersey area). This was one of the most interesting Caches in that once you find the first part you have to use maps found at various other locations and the final stage.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:36 pm
My favorite so far was a really great hide up in Kent Ohio. THe placement of the cache was what made it awesome. IT was a micro that was over the side of a bridge.  

7raindrops

Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff