Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Curse of Eternity (Belting Out come here) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:42 pm
All I need is the character profile before we start.

Name:
Pic:  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:47 pm
Name: Vincent Valtieri
Short Bio: Vincent was born into nobility. His parents were feudal lords with powerful connections. When he was told of his betrothal to a young woman, he wasn't thrilled at first. But they eventually fell in love and were eager to get married. But an evil sorcerer cursed him and his fiancee to wander aimlessly from world to world.
Pic:User Image  

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Belting Out

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:03 pm
Name: Jade Musetteri
Short bio: Was found in the dead of night by a rich traveling merchant at the age of 5, battered and bruised; Tobias, the merchant, adopted her as his daughter, as she had no memory of who she was when he found her. As Tobias traveled, so did she, and through her travels did she learn the art of sword-fighting and potion making, identifying helpful herbs. Tobias however had her wed the nobel and rich Vinvent Valtieri, as to have her settle finally to leave him on his travels; after their reluctant and sad farewell, Jade had come to settle into this life and had come to love Vincent. She is wild and thoughtful, playful and a risktaker. Her past comes to haunt her occasionally as dreams in the dead of night.
Pic:
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:18 am
That day started off like any other had. Vincent was out on the balcony staring off into the distance while Jade was still asleep. Most nights, he couldn't sleep because his mind was crammed with too many thoughts. His mind was riddled with anxiety about the approaching wedding. He wasn't getting cold feet, he just wanted to make sure that Jade was happy and had everything that she deserved and more. He had grown very fond of her and would do anything to make her happy. Vincent's train of thought was suddenly interrupted by fluttering noise. He turned around to see what it was and found a cloaked man standing in the middle of the room. The only visible trait was a staff that he seemed to lean on for support. When asked to identify himself, he only said that his name was of no importance. He then revealed himself, he looked almost human, except for the skin on his left arm was the color of blood. Then he began waving his staff and muttered what was later discovered as a curse. Vincent and Jade were doomed to wander throughout time and space for all eternity. The only way to break the curse and return home, was to find the pieces of a powerful relic that could reverse the course of history.  

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:21 am
Vincent was very disoriented, only a moment ago, he was talking to a strange man, and now he found himself along with Jade in a strange land that reminded him of old books of lore. He diligently stood guard over his fiancee until she woke up. As her eyes fluttered open, he was standing over her with a smile on his face.

"Morning sunshine." he said warmly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 am
Jade grumbled a reply, still drowsy, and covered her head with the covers. Her eyes shot open right then. Something was off. She had never seen Vincent stand near her that way, almost gaurding her. No, he was a pretty heavy sleeper, and she always had to kick him awake repeatedly. She then realized those aren't her covers...
She shot up from under the covers and looked around. This wasn't her room, her house wasn't built of ancient timber, and neither was her bed. She looked up at her love, questioningly, and maybe a little amused at this strange setting.  

Belting Out

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:11 pm
"Not quite the what you expected eh?" he said playfully.

He spent a good thrity minutes explaining as much of the situation as he knew. Maybe she wasn't fully awake, but it didn't seem to phase her much. She did seem oddly curious when he mentioned the sorcerer and his curse. From what Vincent had gathered, they would have to find the pieces of some relic to get back home. Until then, it seemed they would wander from world to world.

"Our clothes seem to have changed as well." he noted.

Vincent always dressed casually, but now he was clad in a long black coat with gold buttons and a pair of white pants. He also had a sword on his belt.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:20 pm
((Sorry about my late post, was pretty busy with the start of school coming soon and all, so yeah. sweatdrop ))

Jade ignored his last comment, and stared bluntly at the wall. Having just woken up, it took her a while to digest what he has said, and she repeated his mini monologue in her head. She looked at Vincent, who only looked back with a comforting smile on his face. She smiled back with a long sigh; one of the reasons she agreed to marry this man was because of that smile she had no idea what she'd do without.
Realizing that there was a huge and eventful journey ahead for the two, she jumped up from the bed, and stood before Vincent, head held high and panting with excitement. One of the things Jade never did was panic, in any circumstance. Hell, she seemed quite eager to begin the quest for this relic, and she asked bouyantly, eying his sword with a glint of an eye, "So, where to now, O awesome knight of mine?"  

Belting Out

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:30 pm
His mind started to spin in circles, he hadn't a clue where to begin. He needed more information, like how long they would remain in this world, what the relic looked like, and why their outward appearance changed. But his train of thought was interrupted by the sight of an approaching figure.

He looked over to Jade, "Get ready." he whispered.

He drew his sword and assumed a defensive position. As the figure got closer, they could tell that it was human. It eased his mind a little, but he didn't let his guard down. The mysterious person drew closer and closer, Vincent becoming increasingly tense.

A voice called out to them, "Are you travelers? Lower your weapon, I am no bandit."

It was a woman's voice, and she spoke the same language. She was also dressed in the same manner as they were.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:38 pm
Jade instantly turned around and stood in fighting stance at Vincent's warning, but she relaxed a little just as she realized who it was. She was maybe in her mid 30's, but toned and athletic. She wore strange armor that glinted in the morning sunlight, and her hair was black and tied up. She approached them hastily, but she stopped when Vincent and Jade retreated back to their fighting stances after they saw the glint of the sword on her belt.
She laughed loudly, and said in response to their cautious looks, "Relax, young travelers. I come here as no harm. Just heard you had checked in to this little hotel of my husband's, and thought you could use some help with getting to know this town a little better." She smiled sweetly, and she was pretty convincing.  

Belting Out

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:58 pm
Vincent sheathed his sword and relaxed somewhat.

"Yes, we indeed we are in need of help. We're new around here and we're quite lost." he said sheepishly.

The woman chuckled a little and spoke again, "My name is Valena and my husband is Owyn. He runs the hotel here as I said before."

He was more relaxed now, "My name is Vincent, and this is my fiancee Jade, it's a pleasure." they shook hands, Vincent was always a stickler about manners.

She seemed intrigued, "You two are betrothed? How wonderful, you two must be elated." she seemed genuine enough, maybe she could be trusted.

Vincent and Jade exchanged a wary glance and she showed took them downstairs. To their disbelief, Owyn spoke to them as though they had met before, which perplexed Vincetn greatly. Valena offered to show them around town, there wasn't much to see. There was a library, what they assumed was a tavern, a council building and a manor.

"If I may, what brings you here?" Valena asked inquisitively.

Without missing a beat, Vincent replied, "We are in the employ of a collector, he values ancient artifacts and pays us handsomely to acquire them. We are here on a tip of an ancient relic, would you know of it?"

She bought it hook, line and sinker.

"You must be referring to the stone of Eleazar. A fragment of a great treasure said to posess magical properties."

Their heads snapped up, that must be the relic they were looking for, they had a name now, at least it was progress.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:11 pm
Jade always left the polite conversation up to Vincent while she played with her fingernails in utter boredom. She wasn't much of a polite talker, and was pretty straight-to-the-point sometimes. But when she heard Valena utter the words of a relic, she instantly was alert and asked, "Say, it would be pretty nice of you to help us out, say, with an idea to where this relic could be?"

She heard Owyn laugh loudly and hoarsely behind her, which made her jump. He bellowed in his loud voice, "Nobody knows where this artifact may be, lad. All I be hearing is the legends told from generation to generation, told between old mothers and to their children, and that is all."

Valena then took matters into her own hands, and said, "The legend did say, though, it was located in a thicket of dramatically beautiful weeping willows somewhere deep inside the woods."

Jade stood up, and made ready to go excitedly, but Valena took her arm and warned her, "Wait! There is a catch."

(I left the catch up to you to fill in, if that's alright. xD)  

Belting Out

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:23 pm
(sure, that's fine 3nodding )

"The legend also says that the forest is a place where the dead exist among the living. It is said that the spirits are of those who have sought the artifact."

Her face turned grim, as did Vincent's.

"Where are these woods exactly?" he asked carefully.

"Far to the north of here, in the outlands."

they heard Owyn gasp at the mention of the name.

"Hmmm, what are the outlands?" he asked.

"The outlands are a vastly unknown territory, not much is known about it, however, it is a hostile environment, not many choose to venture there."

Of course, Vincent thought to himself.

Then they heard Owyn say, "Perhaps Methredel would know something." he said in his gruff voice.

A look of realization dawned on her face. She ran into the inn and took out a parchment scroll, she scrawled a note on it and ran back outside. She handed the note to Vincent, along with a map.

"Follow the indications, it will lead you to Methredel, an outlander. She may know more about the stone of Eleazar."

Vincent gently hugged her, "You have my gratitude friend." he smiled

"I wish you luck in your travels." She was frowning, a sadness in her eyes. She waved as the two set off on their journey.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:35 pm
Jade walked outside with Vincent, eying his sword with a hint of envy. Why did I always have to be the damsel in distress, she joked with herself.
She then turned to Vincent who was almost completely ingrossed in the map he had almost right up on his face (although it was pretty obvious they weren't going the right way since they were heading back to the inn). She asked with a smug grin, "You alright with that map, hon?"  

Belting Out

Dante Rosaire

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:38 pm
Vincent blushed, "No, not really." he said sheepishly.

"Would you mind taking a look at it? I can't make heads or tails of this thing." a hint of defeat in his voice.  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff