engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:30 pm
Check out the way we are over regulated...

http://www.groovygreen.com/groove/?p=3313

Did any of you ever sell vegetables when you were younger?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:53 pm

WTF? D< What was the point of that? "We, teh governments, r not makin ne muneez off ur efforts, there4, we do not allowz! BANHAMMER! Smite! Doom! Gimme so I can take some and give some to other people so they'll vote for me again!"
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:55 pm
bluecherry

WTF? D< What was the point of that? "We, teh governments, r not makin ne muneez off ur efforts, there4, we do not allowz! BANHAMMER! Smite! Doom! Gimme so I can take some and give some to other people so they'll vote for me again!"

Oh! You are so right in your analysis there... bribing people with their own tax money. confused mad  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Not even always their own tax money (which is deceitful enough, forcing people to give you their money and then trying to pass yourself off as SO caring about them and their welfare and acting in THEIR best interests so you give them paper work to fill out to try to get some of it back,) often other people's tax money.

Are these "officials" just drunk on power or what? :/ "There's nothing that says I can't 'regulate' it, so I think I will." "Another place I can force people to do as I say? surprised Hooray!"

bluecherry
Vice Captain

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:05 pm
bluecherry

Not even always their own tax money (which is deceitful enough, forcing people to give you their money and then trying to pass yourself off as SO caring about them and their welfare and acting in THEIR best interests so you give them paper work to fill out to try to get some of it back,) often other people's tax money.

*nods* True. Though I tend to think that no one manages to avoid taxes altogether thanks to sales tax.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:08 pm
engineer-of-doom
bluecherry

*nods* True. Though I tend to think that no one manages to avoid taxes altogether thanks to sales tax.

Well, there are some people who maybe live lives on black market internet bananas and growing their own cotton in a hydroponic basement farm to then spin into thread to then weave into cloth to then make into clothing . . . . Or who make their entire living as a beggar. Maybe . . . Or thieves, there's them too if they somehow steal everything, like suppose somebody secretly was living in a superwalmart, stealing stuff at night, never getting caught for a long time since they never took anything out of the store and knew how to avoid cameras.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:02 pm
bluecherry
engineer-of-doom
bluecherry

Well, there are some people who maybe live lives on black market internet bananas and growing their own cotton in a hydroponic basement farm to then spin into thread to then weave into cloth to then make into clothing . . . . Or who make their entire living as a beggar. Maybe . . . Or thieves, there's them too if they somehow steal everything, like suppose somebody secretly was living in a superwalmart, stealing stuff at night, never getting caught for a long time since they never took anything out of the store and knew how to avoid cameras.

Point taken... One could manage to do it, but wow, it would be a lot of work to get out of the system. I just think it's really messed up that kids can't sell vegetables anymore...

I remember when I did. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:27 pm
Ugh... that's just jacked up. I can understand them making sure it follows health codes, but shutting it down like that? Just plain stupid.  

pie tastes strange today

sunsetsmile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:51 am
Ridiculous.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:08 pm
Completely ridiculous, they're just kids. The government is full of greedy bastards who seemingly don't want anyone making a couple bucks without them having their little piece of the pie too. What kind of world do we live in??  

Vanilla-Parfait

Lady Kin

Shadow Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:25 pm
This is pretty ridiculous, but I can imagine a funny motivational picture inspired by this.  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games