Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
An Observation Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Hbot

5,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:43 am
I've noticed that this guild as a little on the "kiddie park" side. Everyone talks about Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Not that I don't play those games myself, but does anyone want to talk about Silent Hill? SoulCaliber?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:28 am
We talk about all games here....... rolleyes  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:48 am
Well the guild use to be a pokemon guild, but mostly about competitive battling. I've only seen like one Animal Crossing thread here evar and there've been a couple threads that went deeply into soul calibur (counting threads nitnit hijacked).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:08 am
Omg Pikachu is sooo cute when it's asleep. I wish I had a real one. 3nodding  

Shigeru the Hero

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:40 pm
those "kiddie park" games happen to be the best.

I'll play Kirby 64 over Silent Hill any day.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:15 pm
Jonnnn
those "kiddie park" games happen to be the best.

I'll play Kirby 64 over Silent Hill any day.

That is just.....hilarious. Kirby 64 was a good game.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

Mezzo_Forte

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:40 pm
User Image

3nodding Hell yes. 3nodding
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:45 pm
Switched to a Proto Man obsession, Mezzo?

On topic, I still pop in Kirby Squeak Squad and Goldeneye 007, one a newer, "kiddy" game and an older, more mature game. We can just see the mechanics and little gimmicky stuff in kiddy games that seem more mature than the game itself appears, if that made sense.  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:05 pm
The_Hbot
I've noticed that this guild as a little on the "kiddie park" side. Everyone talks about Pokemon and Animal Crossing. Not that I don't play those games myself, but does anyone want to talk about Silent Hill? SoulCaliber?

soul calibur is a kiddy game fggt. im gonna go play doom original and listen to slayer since im hardcore unlike you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:47 pm
Soul Calibur and Silent hill are knock offs of Resident evil and Legend of Zelda and Street Fighter.  

MaverickX516

O.G. Entrepreneur

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:08 pm
Yeah, actually silent hill is pretty cheesy, anyone who thinks that is scary is probably afraid of horror movies as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:15 pm
nitnit
Yeah, actually silent hill is pretty cheesy, anyone who thinks that is scary is probably afraid of horror movies as well.

if you ever find yourself playing an arcade version of silent hill, pyramid head's weakness is his crotch 3nodding  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:29 pm
Why am I not surprised..?!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 pm
because it's the only logical spot to shoot him XD
when we were in japan a couple of my friends and I went out to find an arcade and they had silent hill. pyramid head was the first boss and the first thing my friend said was "shoot him in the crotch!" sure enough, it worked.  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:04 pm
All I have to say to The_Hbot is create a thread if you want to talk about certain games... others may join in! 3nodding

As for Silent Hill being cheesy and a rip off of Resident Evil, well one could say Resident Evil is a rip off of Alone in the Dark. Not many ideas are original these days. Resident Evil (up to number 4) couldn't be more cheesy than if it were a block of cheese! I mean, when Leon meets the licker for the first time, he says "oh, boy"!? rolleyes

anyway, games may start at an age recommendation but that doesn't limit who may enjoy the game and G rated games don't necessarily make them "kiddy"! wink  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff