Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
October 08 Issue

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:18 am
User Image
Volume 4, Issue 10
On the cover: Megumi and Suzuka from Captive Hearts

Inside:
Preview: We Were There by: Yuki Obata
Preview: Captive Hearts by: Matsuri Hino
Normal Chapters of Sand Chronicles, Crimson Hero, Vampire Knight, Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, honey and clover (2 chapters), and Honey Hunt
Editor's Letter: "Japan's Scary-Cute Phenomenon"
Manga Spotlight: Time Stranger Kyoko and The Arina Tanemura Collection: The Art of Full Moon.
"Shojo Horror:" Shiver at these frightening scenes in Shojo Beat Manga.
"DIY: Pumpkin Pouch"
"Cooking: Tricky Treats:" Tempt your Halloween guests with these tasty snacks.
"Serebu or Bust!:" SB's own rising star Hoshiko dishes on Japanese celebrity culture.
"Girls, Goths, and Yokai:" Two books will suit your dark side; another will make you want to party.
"Hallowinners:" Fight crime in Gotham City, build your own civilization, or play dress up with these videogames.
"The Wild World of Hangry & Angry:" Two grotesquely adorable plushies star in their own brand and band.
"Girugamesh's Halloween Heart:" Hardcore J-rockers talk about everyone's favorite holiday.
"The Allure of Haruka:" Get behind he psyche of this manga, anime, and stage show.
"From Kowai (Scary) to Kawaii (Cute):" These uniquely Japanese toys make everyone squeal with fright and delight.
"How to Draw"
Normal Hot List/Get This Look/High Style, Low Budget/Beat Box/Letters/Fan Art/Streen Seen/Horoscope

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:40 am
well im looking forward to seeing what happens in sand chronicles.  

Pandaccino

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 pm
The preview of Captive Hearts was totally different than what i expected, it was still really good! and the last page from honey hunt in the september issue to the intro pages of the new one--that was not what i expected but it was still interesting and i cant wait to read the next chapter of Haruka. >_<  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:57 pm
How were they different from what you expected?

kel aka gandy
Captain

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:10 pm
well i expected for the two characters to meet at a normal high school, and for some reason for the guy to be eerily controlled and follow Suzuka and for her to really control him like Shizuka and Zero from VK. (well in a similar way)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:41 pm
Ah. Well I guess I understand then. It was a bit different than I expected too, but only because I didn't expect it to be so humorous (I thought I had heard it was more goth-y), and I really didn't expect the heroine to speak Chinese...

kel aka gandy
Captain

Luna Vampire Yuki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:41 pm
I agree with you. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:20 pm
Whoa, I haven't posted in here for a while...hmm...I enjoyed Captive Hearts & I love Honey Hunt! And my expectations were pretty high, since I loved Hot Gimmick. I also really want to try the recipe for the red velvet cookies. :3  

panda21

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:04 pm
panda21
Whoa, I haven't posted in here for a while...hmm...I enjoyed Captive Hearts & I love Honey Hunt! And my expectations were pretty high, since I loved Hot Gimmick. I also really want to try the recipe for the red velvet cookies. :3

omg! Me too! I can't wait to try the red velvet cookies! I really want to make the candy sushi too, it's all coloful! :]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 pm
the recipe was cool! and captive hearts was actually a lot better then I thought it would be  

Pandaccino

.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games