Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Twilight - The Movie, for or against? Voice your opinions! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to go see it?
  Of course!!! <3 Edward!
  Maybe, just for the fight scene...
  No, I like my imagination better than Hollywood's!
View Results

ProcrastinatorN1

Shameless Informer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:51 am
So... I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's excited for the movie but in both a good and bad way?

Good because... well, seeing a book come to life is just-- awesome.
Bad because... the book's gonna get screwed up and I'm not ready for that.

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:57 am
I'superexcited to see it!!!!!! I think it will be very true to the book especially with the new scenes their adding to it!!!!

ROB IS MY EDWARD!!!!!!!! heart heart heart  

mop top

5,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

stareyed_in_LA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:46 pm
I am super excited about seeing it. The movie is the only reason why I actually read the books.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:22 pm
I've been excited since THE DAY THEY ANNOUNCED IT!! I believe that it's going to be kickass, and that it'll be talked about (for good reasons of course) for a VERY long time! Not to mention I can't wait to see Rob! That Brit is SEXEH!! LE RAWR!!XD And I really don't care if it's true to the book or not, because not all movies have to follow their books to be AMAZING!!  

Rancid Cupcakes

Revenging Mistress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:26 pm
I am SO excited!!
I watch the trailers like, everyday!!
And I think that Robert Pattinson is so perfect for the part :]]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:45 am
Revenging Mistress
I am SO excited!!
I watch the trailers like, everyday!!
And I think that Robert Pattinson is so perfect for the part :]]

And here was me thinking i was the only weirdo in the world... i also always watch my favourite Twilight AMV's on an hourly basis =3  

xXserenitys-smileXx

.Lady Rosewater.

Invisible Sophomore

11,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:24 pm
They could of done better casting.. ;;>>

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:12 pm
I am pro-Twilight Movie.

I have to say, I think they are going to do an excellent job with this. Seriously speaking, Stephenie has a rather large part in the makng, plus the director, Cathrine, is a pretty big fan herself. I highly doubt she would massacre something she loves so dearly.
And really, Stephenie's already said that she loves what she's seen (i'm not toally sure how much she's seen). And we all know she wouldn't love something that murdered her baby.

And even if everyone says the movie sucks, and it was horrible and killed Twilight. I'll still go see it. No question.

I actually have no school on the 21st, so I'm totally planning on going opening day!

.Bucket.of.Joy.

n o n n i e t he p o n y

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 am
mop top
I'superexcited to see it!!!!!! I think it will be very true to the book especially with the new scenes their adding to it!!!!

ROB IS MY EDWARD!!!!!!!! heart heart heart

Lol, I agree with everything you just said!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:36 pm
ProcrastinatorN1
So... I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's excited for the movie but in both a good and bad way?

Good because... well, seeing a book come to life is just-- awesome.
Bad because... the book's gonna get screwed up and I'm not ready for that.

What do you think?

i dont want to see it because the way i pictured the characters are very different from the way the director pictured the characters to be like. I think Gaspard Ulliel should play Edward not Robert Pattinson...  

KCO_rocks

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:45 pm
I'm really excited for the movie, even though I'm a new fan. While I'm sure the "movie" that was playing in my head while reading all the books is way better than what will be put on screen, I love seeing different interpretations. I had different faces in my head for the parts, but I can see why the actors were chosen for this film. I'm also expecting some differences, and I'm sure I'll be able to pinpoint those as I watch, but I know that the movie is not going to be a book transcript, so I'm preparing myself early for whatever changes they might make. I just can't wait to see how they cram the book into 2 hours of movie-it just won't be long enough I'm sure. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:39 am
I am very FOR the movie! I am superexcited for it and I am not expecting it to be just like the book. To me, they are very separate and that's great. ^_^  

Aqua Anjel

Priestess of the Sky

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:11 pm
.Lady Rosewater.

Yeah the people they pickedSUCK! Stephanie shouldve been alowd to pick the actors. The movie is going to be screwed up! I watched like a million scenes on youtube and stuff and its totally wrong! I'm so sad, people who have watched the movie and havent read the book will say they're in love with it when they dont even know the real story.

Hey if you absolutely hate me for saying this, PM and we'll debate it. The book is the real evidence why everything is so wrong. The director should've taken scene ideas from the book not himself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:17 pm
Priestess of the Sky
.Lady Rosewater.

Yeah the people they pickedSUCK! Stephanie shouldve been alowd to pick the actors. The movie is going to be screwed up! I watched like a million scenes on youtube and stuff and its totally wrong! I'm so sad, people who have watched the movie and havent read the book will say they're in love with it when they dont even know the real story.

Hey if you absolutely hate me for saying this, PM and we'll debate it. The book is the real evidence why everything is so wrong. The director should've taken scene ideas from the book not himself.

How many time does this need to be said!
THE MOVIE CANNOT BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE BOOK!
It's impossible, changes have to be made for it to work.

Why do you hate the cast!? They're all pretty perfect. Plus, Stephenie did have a small say in the casting. She picked Kellan. Plus, I know she loves Kristen as Bella and Robert as Edward.

And you don't know that the movies going to be all screwed up. So you've seen the three posted scenes on YouTube, I guess that means that you've seen the whole movie then. The scenes are like no more than two minutes long and I've learned that the ones they show are generally different than what's actually in the movie.

And who cares if people who haven't read the book see the movie? I don't see why everyone has a problem with it. It does not nor will ever effect you in a negative way. It's out of your control so don't stress about it!

Lastly, the director, Catherine, LOVES Twilight. She didn't just make up scenes. I've heard that the movie follows as close as it can with the book.

The stuff you posted is what you're accusing the director of doing, you just made up a bunch of crap. You haven't seen the movie, you don't know that it's bad. You are not a presence in the directors mind, you don't know that she made up a bunch of stuff and decided that it would be fun to screw around with us. PLUS she didn't even make the scenes! That's what a writer is for. Further proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

SO SAVE YOUR BREATH AND STOP SPEWING CRAP!

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:50 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Priestess of the Sky
.Lady Rosewater.

How many time does this need to be said!
THE MOVIE CANNOT BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE BOOK!
It's impossible, changes have to be made for it to work.

Why do you hate the cast!? They're all pretty perfect. Plus, Stephenie did have a small say in the casting. She picked Kellan. Plus, I know she loves Kristen as Bella and Robert as Edward.

And you don't know that the movies going to be all screwed up. So you've seen the three posted scenes on YouTube, I guess that means that you've seen the whole movie then. The scenes are like no more than two minutes long and I've learned that the ones they show are generally different than what's actually in the movie.

And who cares if people who haven't read the book see the movie? I don't see why everyone has a problem with it. It does not nor will ever effect you in a negative way. It's out of your control so don't stress about it!

Lastly, the director, Catherine, LOVES Twilight. She didn't just make up scenes. I've heard that the movie follows as close as it can with the book.

The stuff you posted is what you're accusing the director of doing, you just made up a bunch of crap. You haven't seen the movie, you don't know that it's bad. You are not a presence in the directors mind, you don't know that she made up a bunch of stuff and decided that it would be fun to screw around with us. PLUS she didn't even make the scenes! That's what a writer is for. Further proof you have no idea what you're talking about.

SO SAVE YOUR BREATH AND STOP SPEWING CRAP!

For a Bucket of joy you sure have a temper...lol.
to add to your point the movie hasn't come together as a finished product.
...a lot of the scenes we've seen have been re-shot. I just don't get how people don't understand the fact that we all have different interpretations of the Twilight. It just so happens that the director and producers of the movie can put their interpretations on screen. Stephenie approves, yet there are people who say it's going to suck. It only sucks because it's not how they pictured it. DUH it's not, but it's so similar to the books it's amazing. I couldn't ask for much more than that.

I guess to each their own, but to just flat out say it sucks because the cast isn't exactly what Steph wrote is stupid to me...  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff