Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Classic - Old - Independent Movies
The Sound of Music Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epiphany

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 pm
I am currently watching The Sound of Music for the first time since 4th grade (which was many many many years ago). I didn't like it then (but I was really young then...What do you expect, right? lol) I have fallen in love with this movie. ^^ Does anyone else here like The Sound of Music?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:24 am
The Sound of Music. What can I say but call it one of the best musicals ever created. The music alone has become immortal, with many of it's songs transcending the musical genre. "My Favorite Things" is popular with children at Christmas. "Climb Every Mountain" is popular in some churches. "Edelweiss" is just a great song.

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Every morning you greet me
Small and white, clean and bright
You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss, Edelweiss
Bless my homeland forever

So short, so simple, yet powerful whenever a group of people sing it together.

Now, lets talk about the movie. Julie Andrews is wonderful, as is Christopher Plummer. It's a little long at almost 4 hours, but the musical numbers let the movie fly by. Even without the music, the amazing storyline alone may have been enough to sell the movie. But, maybe I'm a little biased, because if you gave me any movie set during World War II, and centered around Nazi invasions/the Holocaust, I'm sold. XD  

RedWhiteBlack
Crew

MajorTaco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:45 pm
It is a boring movie  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:23 pm
Ive never seen it Which is really strange cos lots of my relatives Nana etc own it!!!!  

gOtHiC_MuSiC_DeVviL

Aranel Lissesul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:22 am
Everyone needs to see the Sound Of Music! ^_^ I love that movie. Julie Andrews is like the 8th wonder of the world!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:02 am
I don`t know why, but I love this movie, I love to watch it around the holidays especially.  

kt_tashee_xoxo

srestar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:46 pm
Everyone needs to see the Sound Of Music! ^_^ I love that movie. Julie Andrews is like the 8th wonder of the world!

YES SHE IS! Anyone who appreciates music, or likes to sing, needs to see this classic! "Climb every mountain!..."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 pm
devilsmokinangel
Ive never seen it Which is really strange cos lots of my relatives Nana etc own it!!!!

You should see it!! biggrin It's intense  

Ursaula

Ursaula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 pm
HolyTaco The Great
It is a boring movie

:O I like it ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:32 pm
kt_tashee_xoxo
I don`t know why, but I love this movie, I love to watch it around the holidays especially.

Yeah lol, same  

Ursaula

Ursaula

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:34 pm
srestar

YES SHE IS! Anyone who appreciates music, or likes to sing, needs to see this classic! "Climb every mountain!..."

WOO! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:40 am
I love the sound of music (though I'd probably love it more if it was shorter)!  

Jar City

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:45 am
i havent watched it in the longest time but i think its a really great movie! i used to watch it all the time as a little kid  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 pm
User Image
Love that movie, Julie Andrews has a really nice voice in musicals. And the love story of her leaving the nuns to marry him, is sweet. :] I have it on DVD... heart I watch it every year around Christmas... n_n

User Image

sparkness

Naughty Lover

Chiyuki-san

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:32 pm
The Sound of Music has been one of my favorite movies since I was five. Beautiful! It's a rare movie that can make me happy just by hearing its name! 3nodding  
Classic - Old - Independent Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff