Submit

Poll

View Results

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:48 pm
For Sveinity and I to continue from. > w <

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gaian-neighborhood/romancing-enmity-private/t.40831817/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:18 pm
I just finished copying and pasting all of our role play into a word document in case the other forum gets deleted or something. Did you realize that we've written approximately 28,000 words? That's a lot for a role play that's just getting underway, isn't it?  

Sveinity

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:20 pm
Oh wow. xD How many pages was that in total?
Eee, is it okay if you send me what we have so far in a PM to save? > w <

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:28 pm
That's 41 pages in 10 point font. Will it even fit through a pm? I could email it to you or something easier. xD

Do you mind if I have the parents tell them about Charlie's adoption?

Sveinity

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:35 pm
Yeah, e-mail would be better. XD You can save the document and send it to me through the e-mail. I'll pm you my e-mail address.

Sure. :3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:16 am
Charlie directed Gordon to the couch opposite their parents. He sat closer than was probably necessary, but Charlie doubted anyone would care, let alone comment on it. He was just offering support. What else could he do? Admittedly, Charlie wasn’t nervous until their mother said she couldn’t explain whatever it was their parents had to say to them. Only then did alarm bells start ringing in Charlie’s head. Maybe Gordon and he shouldn’t hear them out after all. Too late now, though, because their father was already talking:

“What we have to tell you isn’t easy. You must understand that we only did what we thought was best at the time. We never foresaw… the damage we undoubted inflicted…” Their father cleared his throat, shoulders hunched in self-defense. For a while he just rested his face in his upturned hands and let silence echo throughout the room, “I’m going to be blunt, but I don’t want either of you running off until we’ve explained fully.”

“Then be blunt, already,”
Charlie urged impatiently, anxiety making him irritable.

“You’re adopted, Charlie.”

At first the words didn’t click. Adopted. Charlie. Charlie adopted. He still didn’t quite believe it. Then Charlie looked at his parents, really looked at them, as if he were a stranger. The differences were startlingly obvious between them. Both Gordon and their mother had blonde hair, their father a golden brown. All of them have blue eyes. Where does Charlie fit in with his bright orange hair and hazel eyes? Nowhere. Their blood and their genes don’t flow in him. He’s not family. He’s foreign, something alien adopted years and years ago. <********> Charlie swore unconsciously, mind swirling drunkenly as he jumped up off the couch.

Betrayal was etched across every inch of Charlie’s face. His hands were balled into fists, finger nails digging firmly into his palms with enough force to remind him that he’s alive. Breathe in. Breathe out. Forget that the woman crumpled in tears was once someone you called mother, the man next to her once your father. Charlie turned away from both of them. Blood was rushing in his ears and it only got worse when Charlie accidentally looked at Gordon. Not his brother. Gordon.

Charlie choked on a violent sob. It was caught by the giant lump in his throat suffocating him. His vision blurred, hot tears burning down his pale cheeks. Charlie could feel himself shaking, his chest rising and falling erratically. But he could do nothing to stop it, couldn’t bear to face reality any more. Not right now. Not until something, anything, made sense.

Sveinity

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:46 pm
Gordon's attention went down to the floor as their parents began. He had a bad feeling about whatever it was they were going to tell them. His hands were laying in his lap, clutching at the fabric of his shorts as he continued to stare down at the carpeted surface. The blonde was getting irritable as their father seemed to be beating around the bush at first. He was tempted to tell him to just get it out with, but Charlie beat him too it.

But now that he had heard it. . he wished he hadn't had been so anxious to hear it.

"What!?"

Gordon's head whipped upwards, his eyes the size of dinner plates. They couldn't be serious. Charlie. . was adopted? With a slightly shaking hand, Gordon reached out and grabbed Charlie's hand that was closest to him, squeezing it tightly in his own. They had to be lying to them. There was no way Charlie wasn't blood related to him.

"You're. . You're lying."

But that was when he saw it. It never hit him so hard before since he never noticed. Hell, his parents never seemed to notice him around so he saw no sense in noticing them too much. But now he took the time to look his parents over. They both had shades of blonde hair and they all had blue eyes that matched.

"I know you don't want to believe it, Gordon. . but it's true."

". . Why?"

Why couldn't Charlie be his blood line? The few hours he had just spent with him felt like they were just stomped on. What he thought was a true brotherly moment of two brothers finally getting along and hanging out where really just. . two guys who had been living together just hanging out.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:52 pm
Charlie had never felt so alone in his life. Not even the time he got lost hiking for five hours during the rainy season could compare to this. He was lonely inside and out -- hollow. Then Gordon's hand was in his, grounding Charlie back to reality.

"I couldn't get pregnant," Their mother sniffled, wiping tears and makeup from her face, "We tried and tried, but I kept having miscarriages. It was horrible."

Charlie sat down heavily next to his brother Gordon in mute resignation. Their fingers laced together, Charlie was thankful for the support. He didn't know how he would be handling this if Gordon wasn't here for him.

"So your mother and I decided to adopt, never imagining that a few years later Gordon would be our little pleasant surprise."

Exhaustion crashed over Charlie and he swayed against Gordon's side. He just wanted to crawl in bed and forget this conversation had ever happened. But it wasn't finished. For all that Gordon and he had learned, they still didn't know the why behind their parents treatment of Gordon.

"What does any of this have to do with Gordon?"

Sveinity

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:33 pm
Gordon couldn't believe what he was hearing. It must've taken several minutes for everything to register in his head. Though. . he still couldn't believe it. Not after calling Charlie his brother for so long, even if they would fight so much before. The blonde kept his hand around Charlie's, his eyes never leaving his parents now as they continued to talk, telling them why they had adopted Charlie.

Miscarriages. . Gordon knew what those were. At first, he thought it was kind of chilling to realize that he could've been one of those times and never had been born. But he was lucky enough to be given life. Even if most of his life felt like hell. Gordon kept sitting upright, holding Charlie up as he felt the other lean against him.

Then the question the blonde had been wondering in the back of his mind popped up when Charlie asked it out loud. Their father placed his hands together, taking a moment before he started up again.

"We saw our regular doctor after Gordon was born, about five years later. Our doctor knew we had adopted before we had Gordon and he explained to us a study that showed for adopted children,"

Their father looked up at both of them this time. "He told us that adopted children tend to feel anger and depression at young ages and continue on as they got older, going on wild and dangerous tantrums because they have a feeling inside of them telling them they don't belong or a feeling of being abandoned. He had other parents who adopted before in the past who dealt with this kind of thing. To avoid this, he told us we should keep an eye on you Charlie, to make sure you're not showing any signs of those cases. We were so worried about this with you that we didn't realize by giving you more attention, we had been pushing Gordon into that very danger. ."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:55 pm
"You should have told me sooner. I should have figured it out," Charlie rambled monotonously, unable to look anyone in the eye, "Things are different now. I don't know what to think."

Charlie stood. He stared at his fingers laced through Gordon's before letting them fall away. Not his brother, not his blood. Everything was different now. Charlie didn't like it. He was hurt. He was frustrated that he felt relieved.

"I'm going upstairs."

His not-parents didn't try to stop him. They just let him go. Once he reached the hallway, Charlie paused momentarily to wipe at his face and forced himself to breathe normally. He needed to get over this. Just because he wasn't related didn't mean they were going to just disown him or anything... Or maybe they were. Maybe they told him this now because they don't want him anymore. But Charlie was just being ridiculous. His not-mother was crying, his not-father was upset. They were just owning up to their mistakes. Which was a good thing. Charlie shouldn't be discrediting them.

Inside his room, Charlie sprawled across his bed. The lights remained on, his door cracked open. He hadn't bothered changing into pajamas or anything. Walking up the stairs had zapped the rest of his energy.

Sveinity

Sveinity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:24 pm
Now they know they're not related. Charlie feels really lonely and confused. He went upstairs to be alone, but he left his door open. Gordon should go talk to him. Then they could talk about everything and decide that since they already rebuilt their relationship once, they could do it again -- but as friends in stead of brothers. Aaaaand... in order to further that relationship, Charlie could take Gordon to tour the college he got accepted in. The campus could be close to Charlie's college, so they could stay at his loft. Or something.

And let's not forget about Sam. He could like Charlie and make Gordon all sorts of jealous.

+

There are people at Charlie's college that hate him, right?
Maybe they could be there for something over the summer and find out Charlie and Gordon are staying at Charlie's loft. x3 And something bad happens to Gordon for a way of "revenge" on Charlie.
Like maybe. . poor Gordy could get raped. o 3 o

+

Eek. That would be horrible. I like it.

But... Charlie should stop it before anyone can go too far. He could totally be Gordon's knight in shining armor.

+

Totally! XD
Gordon would probably go back to not saying much or eating a lot after that event for a day or two.

+

And Charlie would be there for him the whole time, nursing him back to normal. Until Charlie crumbled under the stress and jealously of other people touching his Gordon!

+

And we could do something with Gordon's friends when they get back since one of them has a crush on Gordy. x3 Charlie could walk in on them both while Gordon's getting felt up and sort of freaking out on what to do to get him off of him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:37 pm
Gordon was really happy that his parents hadn't been treating him like this on purpose like they really didn't like him. But he. . also was upset that Charlie. . the older male he always thought was his blood for all these years was really not related to him by blood. It tore a whole into Gordon's heart. The blonde wanted to scream at his parents that they were lying but. . he knew they were telling the truth. There was no way his mother could cry like that for fake nor could his father be so upset like that either if it wasn't true.

"Charlie," The boy whispered softly as the other untangled their fingers from each other. Gordon didn't want him to left go and move away. But he could understand if Charlie didn't want to be near him right now or his parents for that matter. Parents. . to Charlie. . they may no longer be his parents to him but to Gordon. . even if he wasn't blood related, they had shown him love and comfort all these years. They took him in as their child when they thought they couldn't have a child but wanted to raise one still. To the blonde, he was still his brother but. . it was really going to be different from now on.

Gordon got up after his brother had after a few moments had gone by before he started to make his way towards the stairs. He could hear his father trying to comfort his mother back in the living room as he walked up the stairs. For a moment once he got to Charlie's bedroom door, he stood there. . thinking. What would he say when he went in? He wasn't too sure. He didn't even know if Charlie wanted to see him right about now.

Gently, Gordon pushed open Charlie's door that was still cracked open a bit, poking his head and part of his body from behind the door. "Charlie. . ?" He called softly.

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Sveinity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:34 pm
Charlie rolled onto his side once he heard Gordon call his name. He stared blearily before motioning him forward. Maybe it would be better not to be alone after all. Gordon's presence was comforting. Once his not-brother got close enough, Charlie reached out and pulled him onto the bed beside him so that they could lay together.

"Caught you," Charlie murmured softly, burying his face in Gordon's blond hair.

It's fresh scent overwhelmed him, but Charlie let it. He could lay like this all night. His eyelids even began to droop before Charlie forced himself awake. There were many things to discuss with Gordon now that they knew the truth. And how was Gordon holding up? How did he feel about this? Charlie should stop being so selfish.

"Gordy," Charlie asked while pulling Gordon tighter against him, "What are we supposed to do?"

At least his body wasn't reacting inappropriately towards Gordon's this time, Charlie thought briefly. He refused to acknowledge that he was just too upset to get erect. Because even if they're not related... It would still be wrong, wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:02 am
» Gordon hesitated for a moment but then he pushed the door open enough for him to walk in before he shut it behind him. He made his way over to Charlie's bed, not expecting for Charlie to reach out and grab him, pulling him down onto the bed as well next to him. Gordon could feel a bit of heat raising to his cheeks but he did his best to force it down so a blush didn't show up. "Heh. . so you did."

Though the blush he had been trying to keep down appeared once Charlie pressed his face into Gordon's chest. It was light, but still noticeable. Gordon laid there, allowing his brother to hold him like he was, listening to what Charlie said as they laid together. His face would grow another shade of red as Charlie pulled him closer. "I. . I don't know."

He frowned softly, letting his head lower to rest against the top of Charlie's. He was feeling kind of embarrassed about what he was about to say next. "But Charlie. . I know that this may sound a bit corny but. . even though we aren't related by blood, you'll still be my older brother to me."

[ooc] [ Wow, I'm sorry that sucked out loud. x_x; ]

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

Sveinity

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:21 pm
And shouldn't that make Charlie feel better? He was afraid of losing his family, after all. So why did still being Gordon's older brother make Charlie feel so horrible? Now that he knew there was no shared blood between them, Charlie could secretly admit that he was attracted to Gordon. Hadn't there been scientific studies about cases such as theirs -- like girls who have step-fathers or step-brothers living with them usually start their periods at a younger age. It's all unconscious. Like Charlie's sudden fascination with Gordon. It crept up on him; consumed him. Wrong, so wrong.

"I can't stay here," Charlie whispered eventually.

He steadfastly continued to hold Gordon though he knew it was long past time to let go... in more ways than one. His presence was just so comforting and warm. They fit perfectly together and that hurt Charlie more than he could say. So he needed to go, needed the quiet and peace his loft back home would bring. Wrapping his mind around life wasn't nearly this hard a day ago.

"In the morning I'm gonna head back to my loft. Think about some things."

// Role Playing

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces