Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] This Gentle Breath [Tree's SoA]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mean robots

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:43 pm

Welcome. This is 'This Gentle Breath', where Tree will post her SoA info. <3 She will try to keep it updated. but if it falls behind, she is sorry!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:02 pm

'You got to pull ahead, remember the good times and not the bad'

User Image
Takawa

'Pure'

Young Mother of Ashiki, Vryheid, Ichtaca, Kito, and Hana

Rogue

Loving mate of Kauli (Voice)

Rp color is Gray
BIO below is the rp contest that won me and Fenris Kauli, Taka, and their cubs. It is written from Kauli's point of view, but it will give you a little info of their life before escaping Mtoto'Munga. Copy and paste to see. > 3<

Mtoto’Munga. A small pack of lions, living a simple happy life. The rules of their pack are simple, their paws open to travelers, rogues, and outcasts. Their beliefs are strong, and to most, it would seem, their religion does not over-power their common sense.

But to those born on the longest night, when Munga, God, reaches his arms out and holds the sun at bay so he may watch over his children, and shower them with his blessing, life in the pack is strict. For those cubs that survive the coldest, longest night are destined to be Lozi, the shamans, magic men, voices and hearers of Munga himself. If the cub survives this cold night, and is found male, he is called Kauli, Voice, and he speaks the words of God, and his word is wisdom, it is law.

If a surviving cub is female, she is Takawa, Pure, and she is destined to see Munga, but not to speak. She is pure in all ways, from thought, to speech, to a strict rule of celibacy.

And if that rule of celibacy is broken, the pure is no longer pure, and she can only see the False God, and must be killed. Her and the cubs she carries. For the cubs, if released onto the earth, will be the cubs of the False God, and will destroy all the Mtoto’Munga know.

And the one who must kill the Unpure….is the Kauli.

Takawa and Kauli

I love her. It is wrong. I know it is wrong, for it is said that I am only to love Munga, and still…still I love her. I love her more then words can say, and I know she loves me back. I see it in her eyes, because she is forbidden to speak (though she slips often enough).
The both of us, Takawa and I, we were born in the middle of the longest night of the year. Winter Solstice. We seemed destined to die. Yet we survived. Births such as that are not to be overlooked. Two cubs from different mothers . . . our fate was laid down for us by the Lozi, our magic man.
He said that we were destined to be as him. He claimed that I was to be God’s Voice, and that Takawa was to be his eyes.
She seemed to have the gift, it seemed. She said strange things (some of which frighten me, some of which make me smile) and claimed she could hear God speak. But she could not speak of these things, no, not the tribe. It was forbidden to speak of them to our small tribe, or to speak at all. The only time she was to speak, they said, is when she was prophesizing, and only then she was to speak to me, so I could tell the pack. And the tribe disliked Takawa-I called her Taka for short, to make her different (oh if the Lozi found out I did that, he would kill me for sure)- because she had a tendency to be talkative, and sometimes couldn‘t help greeting a pack member with more then a proper smile and bob of the head. I love the way she would wake me each morning with a secret ’Good morning, Li‘, something just for me.

And everyday, I felt so wonderful, but at the same time…so false, because I knew what I felt was wrong, that we both betrayed the tribe, because we were not what we played ourselves to be. And every day we were told that we were to be the Loki. The holy ones. The magic. Together forever.

And doomed (or as they called it, blessed) to celibacy.

That’s right. We were to be a pair. We were one body. One mind. One purpose. We were never to have cubs of our own, or to be mated or to know anything of that life. How could they expect such a thing from us? They were foolish. Or perhaps we were foolish. I will never forget those events. . .

We were together constantly. Kauli and Takawa. The names were well known in our tribe. We were the soul of the people. Their lives depended on our connection with Munga. We slept together , but never together. That was forbidden. We ate together. We rarely hunted -- sure, we were taught the skills as cubs and went on some of the bigger hunts, but mostly our food was provided. We were allowed, in our own ways, to be social. I had several friends in the village, and I knew Taka had a few lionesses that she groomed with daily. We lived a half-life, watching other love, cubs born, families grow, and still we were not allowed that single right. Of course, we were foolish. Those little greetings in the morning…they became more. They became laughter, urgent ‘shushs’ because we worried others would hear us. They became more then that then, they became romps, and grooming, and just being close.

And then it became love. And in that love, we broke all laws. We spoke, we cared, we loved. And now? I watch her each day, watch her grow, and not in a normal way. Her stomach grows each day, and she becomes more and more exhausted. She complains about her Sight being gone, about the Silence she feels all around her. But she also tells me about the life she feels, right inside her. We tried so hard to keep it secret, thinking foolishly that maybe we could secret the cubs away, find them a home, give them a chance at life.

But the Lozi noticed, because he sees the Truth, and he asked her in his private den, asked her how it had happened. And she told him. ‘I love someone,’ she said, simple and plain, while I stand in the shadows, begging her to lie, ‘I love him, and he loves me, and we love these cubs.’ She is so stupid, so stubborn. Why won’t she lie? Or tell him it was me? Why?

The Lozi gives her a weary look, and he tells her that it is unforgivable, that the False God has poisoned her, and for that she must be cleansed. He motions me forward, and I feel ill, I feel like at any moment the world will open up and swallow me. But it doesn’t, and he stares at me, and asks who the father is. I lie, telling him I do not know. I ignore Takawa‘s look of pain, I stay rigid, straight faced, cold hearted; thinking I am the Voice, I am not to love, and I let him believe that, I let Taka believe that. I see the look in her eye, the fear there as I accept the charge to cleanse her. She believe that I will do it, and if she believes that, then they all will.

The days pass by, and the chants are said, cleansing the room we lived in, chasing away the traces of the False God. I am washed and covered in dust, to protect me from her, because she is no longer Pure, she is Unpure. I do not look at her, I let her ache and fear and believe. One false move, one sign of emotion, and they will figure it out.

I will not kill her. I will take her out into the night, as it is said we must do, and I will kill something else, I don’t care what, and after I bathe in it’s blood, as it is said I must do, I will have her hide, and I will go back to the tribe. I will show them it is done. Let them believe, and then I will escape.

I will not kill Taka, she is my life.

I love her.

The night comes, I watch her shake, her eyes darting, her lips pursed and tight (from the pain of the cubs? Or the fear of her death? Both perhaps.), and for a moment I wish I could tell her I have a plan. But I can’t. The Lozi prays for me, and prays for her, and he prays that Munga will guide her soul back to him, and then there is the song of departure as we leave into the night. The voices of our pack, crying to the sky.

“Li,” she begs, fearful, but I do not speak, not yet. Not until it is over. “Please, don’t do this.” she says, but she doesn’t run, even when she can. Sometimes, tradition is stronger then fear.

She sees I will not answer, and there is silence again. I am glad for it, because without it, I might have broken. If she had begged anymore, I would have snapped. I am amazed I haven’t yet.

There is the pool, where our holiest rites are held, and I swallow my fear, but it swarms back tenfold. What if I can’t find a replacement? What if they know it isn’t her blood? What if, what if, what if!? But I soon relax, because I see her move before me, shadow against the shadow of the night, and she pauses by the pools edge. She looks at me, as if to ask ‘Why?’ and I feel ill again.

“Stay here,” I say.
“What?”
“Listen,” I whisper, as if I were the Eyes and she was the Voice, and she looks at me, and she listens as I explain my plan. Her eyes glow in the dark, and her smile warms my heart. We brush cheeks, and she gives my ear a swat, for old times sake. And I am gone.

I find a hare, and I kill it, even before it can scream, and in the dark, I bathe my jaws in its blood. Let them believe this is her blood.

And believe it they do. The Lozi is old, and his senses are weak, and he cannot tell the difference between the blood of Taka and a rabbit; I scoff at him as he turns his back, and he tells me to sleep.

I do not sleep. I make racket, I scream and I howl, I am insane, and the lions the Lozi had guarding my den enter, and I roar at them, I tear into them, just enough to have them bleeding and weak, and then I run. I run faster then I ever have, I am sure the Lozi is already explaining that I was poisoned, and let them believe I will die.

I will not die.

“Li,” I nearly cry at the sound of her voice, and quickly run to her. We press close, and she sighs, pressing her face into my mane, and I press mine into her fur. “We have to go,” I say soon after, and she agrees. I give her a partially teasing look, in light of the serious events we have been through, eying her stomach dubiously, asking her silently if she was up for our long travel. She sees my gaze, and glowers at me with a smile on her lips. “I am not that weak, Li, I can still run with the best of them.”

I laugh gently, and she laughs back, and it is a sound only I have heard. A sound that is a treasure to me. She is my treasure. So in the darkest part of the night, we run across the savannah, far from the Mtoto’Munga, from their rules, from our half-life, and we head towards the future, the unknown, and a.
Full.
Real.
Life.

The cubs are now born, and life is hectic. Vry and Kito cause problems with in the family, and Taka worries and fusses over every cub. Kauli is constantly out hunting, and life seems to never stop moving fast pace. But the love for life is there, and Taka feels it in every step, every sigh, ever warning to her rambunctious cubs. Not much else has happened.

Current RP's:

to be updated

mean robots

[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas