Reply Breaking Dawn
Feeling bad for Leah??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:31 pm
I dont know if anyones mentioned this yet...but didn't everyone else feel like Leah got a bum rap??

C'mon okay I didn't like her too much in eclipse, in FACT I wanted her to be killed off because I disliked her so much...

BUT when I came to Breaking Dawn in jakes part... She grew on me, she seemed so human and so vulnerable. I could relate to her..where as I could no longer relate to bella..

It made me sick because when he imprinted on Renesmee (the character that shouldn't exist) and Leah got left behind again, after getting close to him...

its just like..

"oh, yea, hey leah well i'm going to go be practically obsessed with this little half vampire baby, and ya know sorry about giving you no future where there is any possibility for love, cya!"

total crap.

way to have a dead end character. I'm surprised at the end in fine print she didn't add..

and leah goes and kills herself. the end.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:29 am
celestialheiress
and leah goes and kills herself. the end

Because I have a sick sense of humor, that actually made me laugh. But I do feel bad for her.

Still...I'm glad Jacob and Leah bonded and understood each other more.. I hope that IF Stephenie ever writes a story about Renesmee (it could happen), I hope she'll put leah in there for a cameo or something showing how she became happy. ^_^  

Aqua Anjel

Pubic Genital Lice

Hilarious Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:40 am
She wasn't that much important to me, so I tend to forget about her all the time. Like, in Eclipse, she was just the lucky female that happened to be a werewolf. [what we all thought at the time as what they were.]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 am
If Leah and Jacob were supposed to be together, wouldn't they have imprinted on eachother? On top of that, Jacob doesn't take the will away from his pack members... if she wanted to go away, she has the right to do so... She did say she wanted to stop turning into a wolf so she could be a normal person again. confused  

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Emo Oompa Loompa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:08 pm
Rin Kairiu
If Leah and Jacob were supposed to be together, wouldn't they have imprinted on eachother? On top of that, Jacob doesn't take the will away from his pack members... if she wanted to go away, she has the right to do so... She did say she wanted to stop turning into a wolf so she could be a normal person again. confused

Yeah and Leah had permission to leave when ever she wanted!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:33 pm
celestialheiress
I dont know if anyones mentioned this yet...but didn't everyone else feel like Leah got a bum rap??

C'mon okay I didn't like her too much in eclipse, in FACT I wanted her to be killed off because I disliked her so much...

BUT when I came to Breaking Dawn in jakes part... She grew on me, she seemed so human and so vulnerable. I could relate to her..where as I could no longer relate to bella..

It made me sick because when he imprinted on Renesmee (the character that shouldn't exist) and Leah got left behind again, after getting close to him...

its just like..

"oh, yea, hey leah well i'm going to go be practically obsessed with this little half vampire baby, and ya know sorry about giving you no future where there is any possibility for love, cya!"

total crap.

way to have a dead end character. I'm surprised at the end in fine print she didn't add..

and leah goes and kills herself. the end.

Yeah I feel exactly the same way.
I mean the only part of Jacobs POV that wasnt boring was when he would talk to Leah.
And yeah I didn't like her much in Eclipse but she also grew on me in BD and part of me thought that she could have something with Jacob.
I still think thaat Jacob inprinting on Renesme was just wrong. Even though it was very predictable.
I feel bad for leah. I would like to see a POV of Leah.

Evil_Dark_Kitty

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:19 am
yea well, I'm not talking about Leah and Jacob imprinting on each other i'm just referring to the heartbreak that she suffers and her lack of a happy ending. Her story is the only one that wasnt wrapped up in a neat little bow don't you think??

And also, Jacob was the only one in the whole story that I was sure wasn't going to imprint... He seemed strong enough to make his own decisions and be the different one, the one who didn't need to imprint and could make his own way and maybe make that way with Leah. It would have been a whole lot better than renesmee because of this... when shape shifters imprint they imprint on the person who is most likely to thrive the best little shape shifters and come on... renesmee isn't that. Shes half-vampire just about one of a kind creature. She, in my opinion is least likely to be able to create the best offspring. Anyway i'm sure most of you disagree but honestly Leah has had a hard time, she deserves a happy ending too.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm
Yeah. Even though I knew it couldn't happen, I wanted them to be imprint on each other. But I knew that was impossible.

If you're read the BD FAQ, you see she's much better in the end, and doesn't love Jacob--they become good friends.

She was very annoying at first. So negative; now I see why after BD. She did become more human after Jake's perspective, and not as annoying. Because I grew more use to her, and because she was happier with Jake.  

Persephone Waker

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:03 am
Stephenie replied to a question about how Leah feels about the outcome and (I don't have the link so I have to give you this response from memory sorry) anyway she said Leah was HAPPIER because she no longer was forced to see and hear Sam's thoughts about Emily, she is in a pack with her brother, and she got promoted to Jacob's "Beta" that is what I remember but it probably isn't exact... mind you she said happiER not completly happy... also she said that there was NO actual love intrest between her and Jake can someone find the link I will look for it and post it if I can find it... oh and what is a "bum rap"??? eek  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:08 am
Ok so I was off sorry redface here is an excerpt from the Frequently Asked Questions About Breaking Dawn from Stepheniemeyer.com (her main site)
Quote:
What happened to Leah?

Leah is currently pretty satisfied with life. She's free from Sam's pack, which is a very happy thing for her. She's the "beta" in Jacob's pack, which she can't help but be a little smug about around her pack brothers (its kind of a big deal in wolf terms). Jacob has become the reliable friend that she's been needing for quite some time, and he's a real comfort to her, though they conceal their fondness for each other with constant bickering. She has absolutely no romantic interest in Jacob, and the whole Nessie thing only bothers her in that it ties her to the vampires.

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

yukkeh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:54 pm
yeah that does suck..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:54 pm
I do kind of feel bad for Leah, but not for the reasons you do.

I never disliked her. And I knew Jacob and Leah were never going to end up together, I never felt like her character got left behind. Jacob and Leah were building a strong, reliable friendship. One where that other person will always have a shoulder available for you to cry on, that sort of thing. They were never developing a romantic relationship with each other, so Jacob cannot (or didn't) really ever 'dump' Leah. I would assume they are still very close. Leah is his 'Beta' in the pack, second in command.

I do feel bad for her for the fact that she's only like 20 and menopausal. That must completely suck. And because of the fact that she does not believe there is someone out there for her to imprint of because she can't have children, therefore cannot pass on the werewolf gene.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:52 pm
Kari Twilight Mist
Stephenie replied to a question about how Leah feels about the outcome and (I don't have the link so I have to give you this response from memory sorry) anyway she said Leah was HAPPIER because she no longer was forced to see and hear Sam's thoughts about Emily, she is in a pack with her brother, and she got promoted to Jacob's "Beta" that is what I remember but it probably isn't exact... mind you she said happiER not completly happy... also she said that there was NO actual love intrest between her and Jake can someone find the link I will look for it and post it if I can find it... oh and what is a "bum rap"??? eek

A bum rap is a slang term for... something along the lines of a hard time or getting left behind/bad ending/ something horrible etc.

I think that yea, its good that she's happier but stephenie meyer didn't see jake and leah getting close but it happened anyway just like there wasn't supposed to be two more books after twilight but her editors made her do it anyway...characters tend to escape on there own sometimes and i've seen interviews where she was astonished that jake and leah got so close and said their relationship might have expanded even more without her being able to stop it, but thats not true because she threw renesemee into the mix. Well all in all, I still feel bad for her. She didn';t get the happy ending everyone else got.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:30 pm
Stephanie seid that she wants to write another book about Leah and Renesseme when Nessies about 16  

kgirl1992

Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff