Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
SSBB Tier List....Lawlz Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You agree with the list???
  YES!!! D:<
  NOOOOO!!!
  LAWLZ :D
View Results

[Mortal Angel]

O.G. Elder

7,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:52 pm
This is the suggested Tier list that the SBR made, they basically took a stab at this thing and threw it out there for the rest of us to bathe in its glory. Discuss please!

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic (LOL)
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:55 pm
Some of this is just stupid, I mean its barely been out for a few months and this is the best they could come up with, I mean come on....  

[Mortal Angel]

O.G. Elder

7,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:34 am
[Mortal Angel]
This is the suggested Tier list that the SBR made, they basically took a stab at this thing and threw it out there for the rest of us to bathe in its glory. Discuss please!

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario - down
Lucario - down
Donkey Kong
Diddy - down
Pikachu - up
Ice Climbers
Kirby - down
Pit - up
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link - up
Olimar - up
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser - up
Luigi - up
Peach - down
Ike
Sheik - down

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario - up?
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi - down
Sonic (LOL) - down
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf - up
Link
Captain Falcon

IMO. Top teir is pretty accurate. Maybe move ROB to high teir.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 am
[Mortal Angel]
Some of this is just stupid, I mean its barely been out for a few months and this is the best they could come up with, I mean come on....

Wtf is wrong with it then?  

ThePromisedLandMule
Vice Captain

ThePromisedLandMule
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:02 pm
Actually, I'd put Metaknight in a tier higher than everyone else. That's about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:58 pm
I think Jonnn showed some things wrong with it.  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 pm
Deathguiser

Eh, just an opinion based on someone who plays 3-4 games a week. I'm no authority. Though, I do really think the low tier is off...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm
Deathguiser

Nah jon is wrong on almost every count. Except maybe toon link going up, but notice how he's already at the top of the middle tier, they are in specific order. He's also suggesting moving yoshi and sonic even lower. I'd actually consider putting yoshi one up, he has much better aerial combat than the rest of the low tier. Also, ROB is def. top tier at the moment.  

nitnit
Captain

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm
I don't see how Captain Falcon could have been nerfed to the bottom of the low tier. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:55 pm
I agree to the point were high tier is fine, but the rest seems jumbled. Well, what can you do but rant about the tier list, I guess Sakurai failed trying to not make it competitive. Weird how Captain F. is at the bottom, apparently his Ganondorf clone is much better than him. *Shrugs*  

[Mortal Angel]

O.G. Elder

7,550 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:53 pm
Ganondorf isn't a clone. He happens to actually wreck people when he connects. Also Captain Falcon just doesn't have much going on for him at all other than fast run speed, same problem sonic faces.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:21 pm
@TPL Mule: Yes, Meta Knight certainly does deserve his own tier all to himself. He's just that godly.

@Mortal: The only non-competitive aspects of Brawl are tripping and items, in my opinion, and items can be turned off. If making Brawl non-competitive was Sakurai's aim, then he failed completely.

I can't help but feel Toon Link should be a bit higher, but then again, I'm biased like that.

Top tier seems to be pretty darn accurate.

Well, like Jonnnn, I'm no authority, and I play even less than he does, in fact, so don't trust my opinion blindly.

Also, it's not like someone playing Captain Falcon (lol) could never beat someone playing Meta Knight. It depends more on the player's skill, but it's certainly not entirely easy for a low-tier character to beat a higher-tier character, assuming the first character doesn't counter the second.

[/rambling]  

darkslasherX
Crew

SHS_Smeth

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:26 pm
SAmus is low? Impossible, I kick a** as Samus.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:56 am
Toon Link and Fox should go up I think. Just my personal opinion because I'm really good with them.  

PhoenixBlade983

Zephyr TruFeld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 am
I think Ike should be in High.

I can see why they didnt include Marth in the top,with his less than average attack strenght.

But I see Ike all the time in Brawl Wifi and stuff,I even play as him most of the time, and he kills.

And honestly,I rarely ever see MetaKnight,and Ike's sword attacks seem to waste him far to easily.

Anyone care to explain,why MetaKnight is completely Uber?  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff