Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
childhood memories...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SunnyNights

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:55 am
Do any of y'all remember any good childhood memories involving books? like your parents reading stories to you, or maybe some picture books you remember. or poems. or short stories.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:38 pm

I remember my mum gave me the first Harry Potter book for christmas before it was popular, and when I was really little. I remember reading the back and going, 'This sounds stupid' and leaving it in a closet and forgot about it for like six months and finally my mum asked where it was and she offered to read it to me. I was like pshh, if you want to. Then we got the second one, and the third, a year apart, and I remember that after she would leave I would sneak the book and read more of it, and I think that's when I really started to like to read. She had to keep it in her room so we'd stay at the same part.
goodtimes(:

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:24 am
Hehe, that sounds good. XD;;

I remember reading some of my favorites in Elementary School. In First Grade I read this book called Gooseberry Park by Cynthia Rylant. I think that's probably when I started getting into animal-based books like Guardians of Ga'hoole... xD I liked how the animals had personalities and were almost humans. ^_^ I also read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle in Second Grade. It was written by Avi, and that was what got me into a bit of the more...how should I put it? Violent stuff? XD;; Darker elements. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:50 am
I also remember preschool when I read picture books and made up my own stories to go along with the images. This might be why I love writing so much...  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

localdadfriend

Invisible Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:39 am
Ohh i remenber up until third grade i sucked at reading, I would read all the little kid books. I mean i sqeased a couple goose bump books in. And i was aways into vampires i never read twillight though. And everyone in my class thought i was just plain crazy and weird. But then i read this one vampire book by R.L stine. Called Dangerouse girls, About these two twins sisters who are nothing alike but befor leaving camp a vampire bites them but in this book the victum has to drink his blood too. But that didnt happen so he erases the mermory and there half vampires trying to find someone to reverse it. When there dad has the cure. But the lazy,sassy sister actully is a full vampire she is just playing around. And she ends up leaving.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 am
katziegirls
Ohh i remenber up until third grade i sucked at reading, I would read all the little kid books. I mean i sqeased a couple goose bump books in. And i was aways into vampires i never read twillight though. And everyone in my class thought i was just plain crazy and weird. But then i read this one vampire book by R.L stine. Called Dangerouse girls, About these two twins sisters who are nothing alike but befor leaving camp a vampire bites them but in this book the victum has to drink his blood too. But that didnt happen so he erases the mermory and there half vampires trying to find someone to reverse it. When there dad has the cure. But the lazy,sassy sister actully is a full vampire she is just playing around. And she ends up leaving.
Cool, so was that how you got into longer books?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

localdadfriend

Invisible Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:15 pm
Otulissa
katziegirls
Cool, so was that how you got into longer books?

Yeah i finished it in like 5 days i read..what maybe a hundret pages a day. Becuase it was like somewere along 500pgs  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:51 am
Wow, I've done that before. XD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items