Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:48 pm
User Image

Dumu sighed lightly as he slowly out of the den that he and his brother shared. He was glad to be home, but things have been tough between his brother and him. He woke up just as the sun hit the edge of the den and walked out with Kwepa who was still slumped on his back half asleep.

"Dumu...a few more minutes..." She said as she flopped over onto her back, sprawling her wings over his sides. Her broken wing had healed and she was now free to fly the open skies of the valley.

"You can stay in the den if you want Kwepa." He said as he smirked and looked back to the bird on his back.

"Your more comfortable." she said as she opened her eyes and looked at the back of his upside down head. "You need to lighten up more. Be more fun." She said as she let out a yawn. This made the young cub laugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A yawn parted his maw, young eyes opening to catch the morning sunlight streaming into the den. A soft sigh, a small smile on his maw, Ufunuo curled against the warm bodys of his father and sister, making a note to himself to sleep facing away from the den entrance from now on.

It was morning, and now that he was awake he'd never be able to go back to sleep. Rising to his paws, another yawn, the cub fell into a long stretch, forelimbs reaching as far as he could, followed by hind, ending with a curl and flick of his tail. Mm...morning, time to go out and enjoy the day.

In the den there was movement of another, the rustle of feathers, one keen eye opened in the darkness. Daylight, and a young cub who seemed to have awakened sooner than he had expected. Shaking the sleep from his own eyes, Daga hopped from his perch, following his bonded to the den entrance before spreading his wings, stretching as the sunlight warmed his feathers. What a beautiful clear blue sky.

"Do you always awake so early?"

"Hmm? Sometimes I guess. Hey, let's go find Dumu!"

And with those words Ufunuo had sprung from the den, leaving the eagle to follow after him on his search for his friend.

"Dumu!"

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:10 pm
A smile came over his face when Dumu heard the familiar voice behind him. He turned around to see Ufunuo walk up with his bonded flying behind him. He hadn't had time to meet the bird yet, he had been too wrapped up in his thoughts to really pay attention to anything. But that was soon to change. He wanted his old life back.

Kwepa grumbled when she heard more voices and placed her wings over her ears. "Ugh... come on guys, I'm trying to sleep." Dumu snickered and walked towards Ufunuo. "Kwepa, it's time to wake up. You've been asleep all morning." The buzzard had served as comic relief for him, and he was thankful to have her around.

"Hey prince." He smiled as he reached his best friend.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:12 pm
A smile splitting his maw, Ufunuo bounded toward his friend, closing the distance between them with a few quick strides. As he approached, the dark cub reared on his hind paws, batting playfully with his fore, then dropping to all four again to head butt at Dumu's shoulder.

"Hey Dumu! I thought birds were supposed to wake up early."

He snickered, a gentle tease at the protesting bird. His own companion had settled at his side, keen eyes looking from cub to bonded, a greeting nod given to them both. Cubs, so full of life, he could have never begrudged them of such.

"You don't have to call me that, silly. Oh, this is Daga, he's my bonded. Who's your friend?"

His head tilted, watching his friend's bonded, self-consciousness at being called 'prince' lost in his childish curiosity. Dumu had found his bonded too? That was great! Now they could all go play together. And they had found their bondeds before Ubele, he bet that really got her irritated.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:03 pm
The cub scoffed lightly at the comment and looked back over to Kwepa, "Looks like this bird won't be getting any worms." he smiled.

Kwepa's eyes bolted open at the thought of food. "Dude! I haven't had breakfast yet!" She said as she lifted off of Dumu's back and started to search the ground for any sign of something to eat.

Dumu smiled as he watched her, the worries of his world slowly fading away with his two best friends at his side.

"But it's so much fun to bug you with it." He laughed as he looked to Ufunuo's bonded and nodded a hello, "That's Kwepa, she's my bonded." He said as he looked back to the bird pecking on the ground.

He looked back to Ufunuo, "How have you been?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:53 pm
Daga raised a brow, feathers ruffled in disgust. Worms? Worms?! What self-respecting bird of prey even -thought- of eating worms? What a revolting concept, if he'd been hungry before his appetite vanished at the thought. Perhaps fortunately for him, Ufunuo shared his opinion.

"Worms? Ewwww..."

He stuck out his tongue to emphasis his words, as if to say 'bleh' as only a child can. But the thought was quickly forgotten as he pounced at his friend, playfully nipping at an ear, a paw raised to bat at Dumu's muzzle. He had missed his friend, so much had happened while they were apart, tragedies had struck them both, yet now they were together again.

"Okay, are you okay?"

He had paused at the question, uncertain of how to answer beyond the simple 'i'm okay'. He knew that Kuruka had been killed, what he did not know was how it had affected Dumu. Did he blame himself? Had he actually seen it happen?

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. He didn't want a pity party with his friend, he wanted to play and have fun. That was what cubs did, and he was sure his mother wouldn't have wanted him to be sad.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:12 pm
He nodded, his blue eyes locked on Ufunuo's before he closed them with a soft smile, "Yeah, I'm okay." He knew that she would never come back, but he also knew that she wouldn't want him to worry. But most of all, he knew he had to be strong for his brother. Even though Peke had his thoughts about their little family, Dumu was still older and as the older brother, he still had to take care of him. If he were to be sad all the time, then what would happen to him?

"Yeah, I'm fine." He said i reassurance and bent down to tackle Ufunuo, nipping on his ear.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:48 pm
"Good."

The dark cub smiled, though there was no time to respond further before he found himself under 'attack'. A squeak of laughter, Ufunuo rolled with the tackle, tumbling across the earth until he found his own paws. Ah-hah, he was on his paws again! A quick bounded toward his friend, a paw reached out to lightly swat a shoulder before bounding away again.

"Tag! You're it!"

The words spoken, Ufunuo ran, fleeing from the friend who would surely pursue him. Pausing a brief moment, he looked over his shoulder, a smirk on his maw before fleeing, ducking behind a rock, weaving through the grass. He had to find a good place to hide, ah-ha, that bush would do! Skittering to his chosen hiding spot, the cub peeked around the edge, waiting to see if Dumu had followed.

"Daga, do you see him, is he coming?"

Daga's wings ruffled, gliding a fair distance from his bonded lest he ruin the game by giving away his position. When did he become the lookout?

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:53 am
Dumu crouched and crept close to the ground, leaving Kwepa behind. He knew that the bird would only help give her away, especially with Daga keeping close to Ufunuo.

His belly was touching the ground as he sniffed and listened for the slightest movement from his friend. When he locked onto his sent, a smirk came across his furry muzzle and he folded his ears flat against his head. "I have you now.." He said softly as he ran towards the bush and pounced the top, hoping to go through onto Ufunuo.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:24 pm
Stifling his laughter, Ufunuo ducked behind the bush, crouched as low to the earth as he could. Dumu would never find him--wait, what was that? An ear twitched, he'd been found!

He looked up just in time to see his pouncing friend, yelping as he leapt backward. Turning on his paws, the cub fled again, dashing to escape his pursuer.

"Missed me!"

Now he had to find a new hiding place, or somehow manage to outrun Dumu. But there was no safe 'base', hmmm, maybe he should have thought of that before he tagged the other cub.

"Daga, you were supposed to tell me when he was coming."

"If I had said anything he would have only found you sooner."

"But then how will I know he's coming?"

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Summer Rain 07

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:17 pm
"That's totally cheating!" Dumu called as he raced after his best friend, quickly gaining on his tail. "You can't cheat! How can I win if you do?"

He laughed lightly as he jumped again, just missing the cubs green tail tuft. He growled lightly as he licked his furry maw and scrambled to his feet again to dart towards the young heir.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:22 pm
Ufunuo had scrambled atop a large rock, blissfully unaware of just how close his friend had come to catching him. Gazing down at Dumu, the dark cub stuck out his tongue, taunting his friend to come after him.

"It is not cheating! You just have bad aim."

With that, four small paws coiled, leaping to the next rock, tail flicking like a waving flag. Cubbish laughter filled the air with each bound, each burst of childish energy.

"You'll never catch me!"

Ah, the days of youth, of carefree games and childish glee. Though so much had happened, the world shaken, they were still children, and in the peace that had returned perhaps they could not have been happier. And though the cubs did not yet realize just how quickly time passed, Daga knew that such days would be over all too soon, that cubs would be grown to adults in only a blink.

A smile shone in the eagle's eyes, enjoy these days while they last, cherish them always.

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces