Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
Home Sweet Home (Ashiki, Fahari & Mapa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:53 pm
She sighed heavily and sat down for a bit to rest. She and 'dizi had been wandering in what she truly hoped was the direction of home for far too long. The land had changed thanks to the earthquake and the paths that she knew where no longer passable. Every way she tried to get home seemed to be blocked and she was starting to worry. "What are we going to do if we cant get home?" She tried to look up onto her head where the little bird was resting his wings.

She hadn't seen anyone or any of their avian companions yet to try to figure things out. She knew something horrible had to have happened and she didn't like it one bit. She knew she shouldn't have gone out for things. She hadn't -needed- them. IF she'd just stuck with what she had she'd have been there for ... whatever it was that happened.

"We'll get back eventually." The bird chirped as he fluffed himself up for a moment. "They'll come looking for stragglers and so someone's bound to show up over head and i'll catch them." He nodded and nipped at her ear lightly. "If you start getting down then it wont do either of us any good"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:17 pm
"Oooooh, do stop your nonsense," came the mild grumble from the pale lioness as she stepped up beside the other female, "That's no way to talk! What's this 'what are we going to do' s**t you're talking about? Of course we're gonna get home," Fahari's words made it seem as if surely, there was no doubt they'd get there, never mind the fact they'd been walking for what seemed like days, "I will have none of that! Buckle up, girly girl. Show some confidence; show some hope!" despite the harshness of her words, anyone that knew Fahari well enough would have interpreted that as the pale lioness' awkward attempt at 'cheering up'.

Ukoo, whom had been perched on the lioness back, let out a sigh, "Well, we're near....er now," craning her neck, the vulture tilted her head, as if trying to evaluate something, "I think..."  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

TheMadHatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:23 pm
She scrunched her nose slightly and turned to look at Fahari. She was used to her brand of 'nice'ness and had half expected a reaction like that but getting it was an entirely different story. "I just want to make sure everyone's alright ... or as alright as they could be." She'd spent enough time nursing little cuts herself that she knew they couldn't be completely unhurt.

"But how close is closer?" She looked at Ukoo. "I mean .... nothing looks the same anymore."

"We aren't way over there anymore." He pointed with a wing back in the general direction they'd come from. "There has to be some way back, it just might involve a lot of climbing and more effort than anyone wants" At least on the girls parts.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:02 pm
(( I'm assuming its my turn ;O Gonna mess with Hisa first, then when she leads them back Mapa can show up xD ))

"Ukoo! Msaidizi! Ashiki! Fahari! " A call came from somewhere above, and something red dropped out of the sky. The red kite landed soon, after a quick circular swoop around the two lionesses and their bonded, she'd wanted to slow down before perching on a nearby rock, her feathers fluffed out in excitement. She'd found someone! Like her bonded, Hisa was fairly good with names, and had been quick to recognize the four upon sight.

"You're alive! " The kite smiled, before taking to the air again and swooping aorund the four once more, as if to examine them. Yes, they were certainly here, and they were certainly alive. Flying higher for a moment, the red kite flared her wings out and shrieked loudly, signaling to Mapatano. It only took her a few more moments to come back down, and finally give them a break to speak, perching on a rock once more, though her feathers still quivered. They'd found someone and it felt great.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:25 am
"Well, whining and moaning ain't gonna get us there any time faster, girl. Buckle up and start being more optimistic. Luck only follows those that believe in it, don't it?" despite the small snort and sneer in her words, the lioness nodded at the other, obvious that she understood her fear; Ashiki was a healer, and the situation burdened on her shoulders heavily. Likewise, Fahari was rather worried about the pride's cubs, even if she would not voice this worry... it was clear in her eyes that it had been bothering her, "We'll get there soon 'nough."

Ukoo let out a sigh as she turned her neck towards the leopard-spotted healer, "I-I ... don't know, but I guess Dizi's explanation is as good anyone's guess. We're... nearer than we were when we were over there, which is good," despite her words, the vulture didn't look all that convinced, "Right?" while Fahari was confident in almost everything she did, it was obvious that the bird was shy, if not meek, "We'll get there though, I'm... sure, we'll find our hom-" her words were cut by a shout, and soon enough, a kite flew down; Ukoo felt her eyes widen and a small smile grace her beak despite herself, "Thank the goddess," she murmured, "Hisa... I'm so happy to see you. That means we ARE near, doesn't it?" the kite's call made the bird crane her neck towards the distance, no doubt trying to spot the dark figure that would soon enough show up.

Another snort from the pale lioness, "Yeah, alive and well. Or as well as we can be in such a situation," she smirked though, her eyes shinning with confidence, "See, told yah we'd get there," never mind the fact she'd been wandering almost aimlessly before joining the female healer, "Finally home. Home sweet home."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:19 am
She tried to look at the bright side of things like her friends were telling her. It worked, almost. She still felt bad for whatever had happened to the others. What if they needed her and she hadn't been there? Would they forgive her for disappearing like that when they did need her?

Lost in her thoughts she jumped when the little kite appeared out of the sky. "Hisa!" That meant that someone at least was alive and looking for others. She smiled at Fahari and nodded at her words. Hisa meant they were home.

He fluttered his wings when he heard another voice. Ukoo did most of the talking that needed to get done but that didn't mean that he wasn't just as happy to see the kite. "There is a way back in right? You can get us back to everyone?"  

TheMadHatter

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:42 am
"You're near, " The kite swooped over them, tilting her had, though she made note to ignore Fahari a bit. She'd leave bickering to Mapa. "The earthshake blocked up our entrance, I bet you noticed. But Elea and Haja found a new one a while back. umoja and Mapa did too, but theirs is longer. " She shrugged. They'd spent days in those blasted tunnels! at least Elea and Haja's was simply a pass.

"Its a ways off, but if you guys step quick we'll be there in no time. " She smiled, then glanced at Ukoo, for a moment wondering what she wasl ooking for, then frowning. "Mapa's uh... not coming. Yet, anyway.. or he better not. He's kinda injured. I didn't let him come with me. " She frowned as well as she could, then glanced at Ashiki. Boy, was she glad the healer turned up. They could really use her.

"So, lets go! " Hisa didn't wait for a reaction, and quickly swooped off, heading for the entrance where Fahari and Ashiki could get back into the lands. She was sure they missed home, so she didn't bother holding her speed too much. And after all, it wouldn't be her fault if they were too slow!

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games