Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
HEY!!!!! everyone!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:57 pm
well hey everyone, i just wanted to know,what type of gamers are yallz nd what is your favorite genre? and youre favorite game!

gamer: hardcore

favorite genre: stealth action

best game: metal gear solid 3 subsistance  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:46 pm
...umm, okay?

Gamer: Casualfag

Favorite Genre: Fighting, but I dabble in RPGs as well.

Best Game/Favorite Game: ...Maybe if I listed them by category...

Fighter: Samurai Warriors 2; every single character has depth, it's not limited to 4 characters that reside at God-Tier and the rest are just filler.

Platformer: Super Mario Bros; I beat the game at least once a week, and love every minute of it every single time.

Simulator: Punch Out; Best. Sports Game. Ever.

JRPG: Lufia 2; The first and only game to make me cry. Brilliant puzzles and above average story telling. I can't believe I lost my game cart when I moved, (damn things worth $60+ now).

WRPG: TES3 Morrowind; I played the Vanilla game about 3 times on the X-Box and 6 times on PC. It hasn't aged well at all, but mod files help distract from that.

Strategy RPG: Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced; flipped the game 3 times. I'm still a little miffed that it didn't get portable game of the year, (it lost to WarioWare).

FPS: Medal of Honor (PSX); the only game that could contain the awesome of a raptor wielding a bazooka.

3PS: Resident Evil 4 (Wii); I refuse to call a game that makes you swear profanities more than crap yourself with fear a horror game.

Puzzle: Columns

RTS: Starcraft, Broodwars Expansion: Mostly I played the gimmicky games with special settings, but I loved 3v3comp matches.

...that's all I can think of at the moment  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 pm
gamer: BR00TAL!!!

favorite genre: ANYTHING THAT KILL STUFF IN THAT HAS BLOOD!!!!

best game: DOOM!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:05 pm
Umm... lets see...

Gamer: Retro Sega/Nintendo

Favorite genre: Platformers, strategy, RPG, puzzle, adventure, space shooters, Pokemon, side-scrollers, shooters, ect...

Best game(s): Portal, FF6, Golden Sun, Sonic & Knuckles 3

... and that should do it for now.  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Demidom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:07 am
Gamer: Mindless Gaming Slave

Favorite Genre: 3rd person shooter, RPG

Best games: Gears of War, Metal Gear Solid 4's MGO, Disgaea 3, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Goldeneye, Phantasy Star Online, Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tetris  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm
that so cool that theirs so many different gaming styles to fit every single person i love that about gaming!  

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

KRaZyAmmo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:16 pm
Gamer: Neutral between both casual and hardcore(just where I want to be)

Favorite Genre: Racing, FPS, RTS, Action, Rhythm, Platformers.

Best Game: Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero, Need for Speed (series excluding Carbon), Goldeneye, Anything Mario, Super Smash series, Supreme Commander, Command & Conquer series, Burnout series, and other games I might have forgot.

Yay for new computer!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:36 pm
Gamer: RPGslut

Favorite genre: RPG, occasional strategy game

Favorite Game: Baten Kaitos:Origins  

Muleferdan

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:22 pm
gamer: above average casual-ish
genre: I dabble in all genres but puzzle games are especially close to my heart
game: phoenix wright at the moment  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:56 am
gamer: obsessive compulsive (must play every game at least twice and finish with 100%!)

Favourite genre: action/adventure, survival horror

best games: Anything Rockstar, Tomb Raiders, Silent Hill 2  

Undine Mystic

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:50 am
gamer:rpg slave

fav genres:rpg,srpg,sidescroll/top down shooters

fav games biggrin isgaea,Final Fantasy,okami,einhander,ikaruga,guitar hero,zelda(series aren't labeled because I enjoy them all)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:43 am
gamer: I Play Games!
genre: Most, don't like many sports games though.
game: Favorites include (but are not limited to):

Monster Hunter (real time killing things 10-50 times my size in a battle of wits. Me likes)
Tetris (a classic.. that I've never been beaten in.)
Rez (Techno + pulsing in time to the music + too many colors exploding in my brain = joy)
Space Channel 5 part 2 (1 was a little to picky)
Ikaruga (Bullet Eater)
N+ (got it a few days ago.. it's clearly a good game, long as you like A. Ninjas B. Explosions C. Really complicated maps with really simple concepts D. Timing yourself to the millisecond and getting it right.)
Phantasy Star Online/Portable (it's out in Japan. I play Japanese, but I can't read it.)
Metroid (anything. I loves the exploration in most games.)
Tyrian (rail shooters, scrolling shooters, and just shooters that have something to do with space usually grab my attention.)
Call of Duty 1 (not 2-4 though. I like jump servers!)
Ragnarok Online (level 90 novice FTW)

Lemme see. what am I missing.. I got puzzle, music, timing, shootar, platform, rpg, platform, shooter, FPS, rpg. I think that covers all the main ones I like.  

Griffinith

Aged Phantom

Xashowd

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm
Gamer type:The one-who-can-master-a-game-as-soon-as-he-can-figure-out-the-rules-and-controls type of gamer

Genre Type:RPGs and Action games

Favorite games:The Kingdom Hearts series, the Ratchet and Clank series, the Soul Caliber series, and a few others.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:01 pm
Gamer type: hardcore

Genre: meh just about anything

Favorite games: Depends on my mood. Usually I like MMOs

Best games: Starcraft, Warcraft, Phoinex Wright, pokemon puzzle b*****z  

Chuuyya

Well_Cultured_Grunny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:37 am
jak2364
well hey everyone, i just wanted to know,what type of gamers are yallz nd what is your favorite genre? and youre favorite game!

gamer: hardcore

favorite genre: stealth action

best game: metal gear solid 3 subsistance

Gamer: Retro / Professional:: Basically, if no one's having fun, It's not worth my time; but as long as everyone's being professional and not causing grief for another player, that's when I'm having fun.

Favorite Genre: MMORPG / RTS / FPS / Adventure:: MMORPG - such as Diablo 3 that's coming out, when that's out, y'all are going to be hearing a LOT from me wink || RTS: Starcraft - With the new one coming out....... oh boy smile fun times are just a clock time away! || FPS - How could I leave my shooting out? What started as Counter Strike 1.6, turned from CAL (Cyber Athletic Gaming League) all the way to self made leagues for Call of Duty 4 / MLG for Halo 3 || Adventure:: Old school pokemon red, blue, yellow; you really can't beat that, or Zelda for the Gameboy's; have to give credit to them.

Best Game: I'd have to say with Diablo 3 coming out, that'll be my top winner.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff