Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Google Chrome Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demidom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:17 am
This browser is wicked sick. Runs way faster than Firefox and IE. Anyone else try this new browser out?

heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:32 am
I've heard it was pretty good. I've also heard it traces all websites you've been on and sends the info to google.

Needless to say, I'll be trying it out once I get my new computer.  

Jonnnn

Demidom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:56 am
you're talking about this...

http://tapthehive.com/discuss/This_Post_Not_Made_In_Chrome_Google_s_EULA_Sucks

"This is the same EULA Google uses for all of their products. While it is sort of bad (seems it grants free license to do with whatever you transmit on their products), they haven't abused it yet. It's probably to protect them from people suing over copyright infringement when Google caches or translates their website or thumbnails their image in Google image search, etc. but it's worded so that it gives Google too wide a range of power (like, say, sell your work).

I think it's a big fuss over nothing but it needs to be reworded."

and this...

"They've already retracted the licensing agreement.

Seems they just copy and pasted the agreement from google docs without examining it first."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:11 pm
Demidom
This browser is wicked sick. Runs way faster than Firefox and IE. Anyone else try this new browser out?

heart

That's odd, because Firefox, IE, and Opera all actually go at around the same speed if your computer doesn't have like 256MB RAM. How on earth did they manage to make my internet connection speed up then?  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm
yeah i was about to say... the browser doesnt determine your speed. I started looking at chrome and ima wait and get more of a opinion on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:48 pm
What I'm trying to say is everything loads faster. For example posting on a message board, usually you know it takes 4 or 5 seconds to get back to the original post, while with chrome it seems to take maybe 2.  

Demidom

bani-mirl15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:36 pm
Chrome is too unstable.
This is just a beta though, so it's not meant to replace Firefox or IE6.
At least not yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 am
There are a few problems, some times you have to refresh a page twice to get it to load, and the scroll click doesn't work. But other than that, it works like a dream.  

Demidom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:06 am
Demidom
What I'm trying to say is everything loads faster. For example posting on a message board, usually you know it takes 4 or 5 seconds to get back to the original post, while with chrome it seems to take maybe 2.

It takes you 4-5 seconds? lolwut?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:25 am
nitnit
Demidom

some sites it does, sites like gaia have long load times because there's so many things to for it to download etc. and I'm not going to continue this conversation because I can tell you're going to keep acting childish.  

Demidom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:56 am
I think the statement "This browser is wicked sick. Runs way faster than Firefox and IE" is kinda childish unless you give some specifics as to why it's faster...

Maybe I should have responded with "omg no firefox is way sicker and fastar" instead of asking you how it goes faster, and being concerned that your firefox takes 5 seconds to load pages on gaia.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:38 am
nitnit
I think the statement "This browser is wicked sick. Runs way faster than Firefox and IE" is kinda childish unless you give some specifics as to why it's faster...

Maybe I should have responded with "omg no firefox is way sicker and fastar" instead of asking you how it goes faster, and being concerned that your firefox takes 5 seconds to load pages on gaia.

Look p***k, I was saying it loads faster than IE and Firefox. What more do you want me to say.

nitnit

That is what I was referring to when I said you were being childish. Typing like a fourteen year old pokemon playing douche.  

Demidom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:28 am
Wow, seriously? You're out of line talking that way to anyone, let alone the owner of this guild. Calling people "p***k" or "douche" is not good. If it's someone outside of the guild who won't read this, then alright, that's a bit different, but it's still discouraged. When it comes to calling any member inside this guild names, you're allowed to use less intense words like "jerk" or "n00b" or "scrub" or something along those lines, but unless it is an extreme case, calling a member of this guild, regardless of rank a "douche" or a "p***k" is not cool.

Also, using the insult "pokemon playing" won't get you very far here either. Sure, maybe I'm blunt. Maybe I'm a jerk. Mabye I hurt your feelings since I was surprised that loading pages takes you 4-5 seconds with firefox, whatever, go QQ on the gaia chatterbox, but those qualities have nothing to do with playing pokemon.

Seriously, you can respond intelligently, or intelligently using internet jargon. All I asked was some specifics as to why Chrome is better and loads faster, if you can't offer that you could just say that instead of throwing a fit.

Now, I won't make an issue out of this since you're new, and you're probably just a bit overwhelmed with someone being so blunt. It's ok, but please don't engage someone in an argument if you have 0 facts, or if you don't even know what you're arguing about. If I'm so terribly offensive, just don't respond to me at all.

(forgive the randomly long run on sentences)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:36 pm
nitnit
Wow, seriously? You're out of line talking that way to anyone, let alone the owner of this guild. Calling people "p***k" or "douche" is not good. If it's someone outside of the guild who won't read this, then alright, that's a bit different, but it's still discouraged. When it comes to calling any member inside this guild names, you're allowed to use less intense words like "jerk" or "n00b" or "scrub" or something along those lines, but unless it is an extreme case, calling a member of this guild, regardless of rank a "douche" or a "p***k" is not cool.

Also, using the insult "pokemon playing" won't get you very far here either. Sure, maybe I'm blunt. Maybe I'm a jerk. Mabye I hurt your feelings since I was surprised that loading pages takes you 4-5 seconds with firefox, whatever, go QQ on the gaia chatterbox, but those qualities have nothing to do with playing pokemon.

Seriously, you can respond intelligently, or intelligently using internet jargon. All I asked was some specifics as to why Chrome is better and loads faster, if you can't offer that you could just say that instead of throwing a fit.

Now, I won't make an issue out of this since you're new, and you're probably just a bit overwhelmed with someone being so blunt. It's ok, but please don't engage someone in an argument if you have 0 facts, or if you don't even know what you're arguing about. If I'm so terribly offensive, just don't respond to me at all.

(forgive the randomly long run on sentences)

I don't care if you're the ******** Pope kid.

Clearly you're the one who's hot under the collar writing up such a long winded speech about respect and all because I all I said was that it runs smoother. Why don't you ******** download it and try it for yourself. You want facts, downloaded and try it before you go acting like an a** clown.

I live in a America, where we have this thing called freedom of speech. If you don't like it go to China and post on a Chinese message board.  

Demidom

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:40 pm
In before severe retribution.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items