Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
tarot journal and meditation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dellanora

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:35 pm
i have this book that i put all of what i learn about tarot in, like which element is for which suit, different layouts etc. and i also put all of my readings in this notebook. does that make this my tarot journal, and if so what else should i add to the book?

also i have a question about meditation. in many meditation exercises youre supposed to visualize this and that, and then record your impressions and feelings. im sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but how am i supposed to get any impressions if im so busy visualizing things? wat am i really supposed to be writing down??  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:08 pm
That's a good question. I think the "impressions" are simply the things you are visualizing. Like, say you're meditating and visualizing the things that are on the guided meditation or exercise, and some random thing pops up that isn't part of the prepared meditation. That would be an impression. That's what I think, anyway.  

Tari_Leralonde

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm
If you are keeping a meditation journal, usually as soon as you finish your meditaiton you immediately write in your journal what your thoughts, impressions, feelings, etc... Sometimes I've been know to doodle in mine as well, when words seem to fail me. I wouldn't try to write and meditate at the same time, though there is a certain technique that is called "trance journaling" or something like it - but that is something else.

The more comfortable you are with meditating you won't have to focus so much on visualizing and it will be easier to "enjoy the scenery" so to speak, and easier to form impressions about what you've seen.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:43 pm
for the tarot thing u could put in what u get when u read the cards and for the meditation thing u can record it in a note book and u write down things like what u felt how long it took u to calm down and or clear ur mind and so on u get impressions while visualizing by ur feelings not ur mind u kno  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pixie Pasha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:49 pm
⊕--------

I tend to wright everything down in my book of shadows ( Yep, I used a new-age term. D; ). If nothing strikes you as important write down in your journal then write it down. If nothing come to mind then don't. Try no to make it into a homework assignment. That will take all the peacefulness and calming out of mediation.

-------⊕

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff