Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Breaking Dawn
Well... now we know what happened to Marcus' wife.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 am
From the Breaking Dawn FAQ on Stephenie's website:

What happened to Marcus's wife?

Once upon a time, a fairly young vampire (he had only been a vampire for a decade and a half) named Aro changed his young sister Didyme, who had just reached adulthood, into a vampire in order to add her to his growing coven. Aro always wanted power, and because he himself had a potent mind-reading gift, he hoped his biological sister would also be gifted in a way that would help him rise in the vampire world. It turned out that Didyme did have a gift; she carried with her an aura of happiness that affected everyone who came near her. Though it wasn't exactly what he had hoped for, Aro pondered the best ways he could use this gift. Meanwhile, Aro's most trusted partner, Marcus, fell in love with Didyme. This was not unusual; given the way she made people feel, lots of people fell in love with Didyme. The difference was that this time, Didyme fell in love herself. The two of them were tremendously happy. So happy, in fact that, after a while, they no longer cared that much about Aro's plans for domination. After a few centuries, Didyme and Marcus discussed going their own way. Of course, Aro was well aware of their intentions. He was not happy about it, but he pretended to give his blessing. Then he waited for an opportunity to act, and when he knew he would never be found out, he murdered his sister. After all, Marcus's gift was much more useful to him than hers had been. This is not to say that Aro did not truly love his sister; it's just that a key part of his personality is the ability to destroy even what he loves in order to further his ambitions. Marcus never found out that Aro was responsible for Didyme's death. He became an empty man. Aro used Chelsea's gift to keep Marcus loyal to the Volturi, though not even Chelsea's gift could make Marcus show any enthusiasm for it.

wouldnt it be funny if Marcus found out?

hed probably try to kill Aro.

that would be an interesting fanfiction.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:46 am
I really hope someone writes a fanfiction on that.
But thats such a sad story... I felt so bad for Marcus. STUPID ARO!  

DncStar

Anxious Spook

27,075 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Master Converter 500

eternity of twilight_22

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:24 pm
poor marcus!now i no why hes always so sad and quiet.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:11 pm
that would explain why marcus is the way he is  

Necro Life

mrstodayy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:43 pm
Awweh, that's so sad.
I agree, someone should write a fanfiction on that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:10 pm
If you have read Breaking Dawn or don't mind spoilers there is a thread like this in there but it is longer I think and I agree that Aro needs to die! *grabs torches and firewood and goes to Volterra* "Marcus you take the North and East sides I will take the South and West sides alright let's MOVEMOVEMOVE!!!!" *Marcus shows his first emotion in millenia: fear for my sanity*

By the way that raises the question: if one member of the immediate family is gifted are the others gifted as well? Because it was not just Aro and his sister but also Jane and Alec... hmmm... and, if so, would Aro have thought to use that theory? My guess is yes but what do I know? *shrug*  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

Rin Kairiu

Astral Visitor

35,565 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:34 pm
Caius isn't gifted, and he's of the original three.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:44 pm
I sympathize so much for Marcus now. It must really feel awful to have your loved one taken away from you.

Angels In Anyone

piercing_golden_eyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:54 pm
So that's why he's an "apathetic zombie" and doesn't really care about anything. However, I'm not sure why he was in the Volturi to start with seeing as he can only see "relationships." It's kind of useful in battles I guess, but oh well.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:17 pm
Poor Marcus. Urgh that makes me hate Aro even more he's so selfish. I'd love to see the Voturi turn on each other one day...  

ObSCENEx c o o k i e

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:51 pm
yea!!

UP WITH THE ROMAINIANS!!!

STEFAN HAS A FREAKING COOL NAME!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:10 pm
Aww that is soo sad. Would Marcus kill Aro once he knew? question  

Vanilla Lollita

Barton Citizen

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lucia Ootani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:01 am
I hate Aro now. Poor Marcus. He needs to leave the Volturi. And Aro just needs to die. What he did was so messed up. I don't care about what he wanted. He killed his sister and made Marcus emo. That is wrong... just wrong.

I say we go hunt down Aro and kill him. But we got to kill Chelsea too, since her power keeps Marcus loyal to the Volturi. Who's with me?! scream

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:57 pm
-DanceHallDrugg
Awweh, that's so sad.
Actually, I'm writing a fanfiction about it right now....I'll give you the first chapter that I wrote.

Quote:
I was sitting upon the wooden bench, in the gardens. The sun was shining very brightly. Hmm....another bad omen. The sun disgusted me. Although my skin was slightly tanned, I hate the warmth and sunlight. But that didn't matter today much though. A few days ago, I just become of age and become a woman, and my parents finally found someone whom I can be married off to. I had to stand in the sun all day at the wedding party.

In the great roman empire, no one took women lightly. We were treated like slaves for men. The only thing what we have been good for was being married off and connecting two great families together. Mother and Father, who are of first class, had already decided whom to give me to. Of course, I was unhappy. But despite that, I tried to hide my dislike, and did my best to make everyone around me happy. I didn’t want anyone to hate me, for even though I was a women, I wanted to be more useful than that.

There was a great feast today. It was a small celebration for my coming of age, and also a party before the wedding, a month after. Mother came up to me that evening and said, “Didyme, my dear daughter. Thou should be more happy. You have just married a great man. Stop spouting your clever words, to entertain everyone else. You yourself must be happy. You are finally a women, Didyme. Your nature was much better than your foul brother. Come, come, and meet your husband.”

My missing brother, Aro, had ran away a few years ago. He was 13 years older than I. Indeed, he was a demon. He had an evil nature. His itchy palm, had always got him into trouble. Aro wasn't greedy for money however....it was for power. Never content. But, I loved my brother still. I haven’t seen him for ten years. Oh, how I miss him.

After everyone had went home, mother, father, and all the servants had gone to sleep. I lay awake in bed, thinking about my whole life: child hood, adolecsence, and now. I did not like it. I did not want to be married, and given away. I don’t even like my husband. He was an ugly man, with a stubborn face. Filled with frustration, I got out of bed, and decided to go out and take a walk in the orchards.

It was quiet tonight. I looked up at the starry night sky. There were many stars out tonight. I sat down on the edge of the fountain, looking up and watching the stars. I was looking out at the constellations, and smiled as owls flew by.

A few moments later, someone grabbed my shoulder. I screamed, and in a blurred motion, a white hand went up to cover my mouth. I looked up at the man with panicked eyes, and I gasped in disbelief at who it was. He had black hair, and had father’s face, except for his eyes. Mother’s eyes were covered in shadows because of the darkness. He was smiling at me and whispered, “Hello Didyme.”
Then he let his hand off my mouth.
“Aro! My brother, what are you doing here?! You nearly scared me half to death.” I continued to stare at him. It looked as if Aro had risen from the dead. The last time I saw him, he didn’t seem this fair and beautiful. And where he touched my shoulder, was still cold as ice. Something changed.

“All in good times, dear sister.” Then he grabbed my left hand and held it in his for a long moment. Then his eyes closed, and his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.. This was strange, he never usually did this.

“My brother, why’st thy hold my palm?” I tried to pull it away, but Aro held on to it very tightly. He was so…..strong.
After a few moments, he finally opened his eyes, and smiled, “Nothing of course, Didyme.” He held onto my hand, and smiled.

My mind was filled questions. Where was he in these past few years? Why did he run away? Why did he look so different? What happened to him?

And, as if he read my mind, he said, “I was starting up a…… group of my own. And, I ran away to fullfill my dreams, Didyme. Forgive me if this made you unhappy. Oh, and I did not rise up from the dead. And all your other questions will be answered in good time.”

Aro gently tugged my arm and pulled me out of the orchards. We were heading toward the front gate in less than a second. How did he become to fast?

“Aro, where are you taking me?”
“To my home.” He smiled back reassuringly at me.
“Shall we not tell mother and father?”
That stopped him short. He paused for a moment, and then said, “I don’t think they’ll be that useful. They are very old…..” Then he started walking again. When we reached the gate, I was about to tell him that the gates would be locked. But as I looked closer, the locks had broken.

Aro and I marched out into the streets. I stared up at him in disbelief and asked, “Did you break the locks on the gates?” But he didn’t answer.
In two seconds, he pulled me up and put me on his shoulders. My arms were dangling on his back, and he started running. My eyes widened at his speed.
“How long do I have stay until you take me home?”
“I’m not taking you home, dear sister. You are living with me from now on.”
My hands balled up in fists and I yelled at him, “What?! NO! Have you lost your mind, Aro? I don’t even know where ‘home’ is to you. You take me back to mother and father.”
Aro glanced up at me but didn’t break him pace. “I’m sorry but you have no other choice.”
Then I gasped. I finally got to see his eyes. They were bright crimson red.

I whispered quietly, “My brother, what are you?”
Aro stopped his running and stopped in the middle of the street. There was a small hole in the ground, I cringed away at it. I was scared of the dark. And the hole was probably a long ways down too. He pulled me down from his shoulder and held me in mid air, above the hole. I looked at him in panic.

“Something that you’ll become very soon.” He smiled one last time, and then sunk his teeth into my elbow. A scream escaped out of my lungs. My elbow was on fire. It burned, and burned. I screamed at him, “What did you do to me?!! Why am I burning?!!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!” Aro ignored my screams.

He dropped me into the small hole. I was falling into the dark. I hyperventilated and screamed even more. I hate the dark, and the pain made it even more frightening. I couldn’t stop screaming. As I continue to fall, the pain spread through out my whole entire arm now. Thankfully, I landed onto the cold stone ground. But it was still dark. Aro landed next to me quickly. He picked me up again, and started running through the dark. I had no sense of where I was. All I could do was scream.
May not be that good....it's strictly rough draft.... sweatdrop  

WineChan

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:57 pm
Kittycharm
-DanceHallDrugg
Awweh, that's so sad.
Actually, I'm writing a fanfiction about it right now....I'll give you the first chapter that I wrote.

Quote:
I was sitting upon the wooden bench, in the gardens. The sun was shining very brightly. Hmm....another bad omen. The sun disgusted me. Although my skin was slightly tanned, I hate the warmth and sunlight. But that didn't matter today much though. A few days ago, I just become of age and become a woman, and my parents finally found someone whom I can be married off to. I had to stand in the sun all day at the wedding party.

In the great roman empire, no one took women lightly. We were treated like slaves for men. The only thing what we have been good for was being married off and connecting two great families together. Mother and Father, who are of first class, had already decided whom to give me to. Of course, I was unhappy. But despite that, I tried to hide my dislike, and did my best to make everyone around me happy. I didn’t want anyone to hate me, for even though I was a women, I wanted to be more useful than that.

There was a great feast today. It was a small celebration for my coming of age, and also a party before the wedding, a month after. Mother came up to me that evening and said, “Didyme, my dear daughter. Thou should be more happy. You have just married a great man. Stop spouting your clever words, to entertain everyone else. You yourself must be happy. You are finally a women, Didyme. Your nature was much better than your foul brother. Come, come, and meet your husband.”

My missing brother, Aro, had ran away a few years ago. He was 13 years older than I. Indeed, he was a demon. He had an evil nature. His itchy palm, had always got him into trouble. Aro wasn't greedy for money however....it was for power. Never content. But, I loved my brother still. I haven’t seen him for ten years. Oh, how I miss him.

After everyone had went home, mother, father, and all the servants had gone to sleep. I lay awake in bed, thinking about my whole life: child hood, adolecsence, and now. I did not like it. I did not want to be married, and given away. I don’t even like my husband. He was an ugly man, with a stubborn face. Filled with frustration, I got out of bed, and decided to go out and take a walk in the orchards.

It was quiet tonight. I looked up at the starry night sky. There were many stars out tonight. I sat down on the edge of the fountain, looking up and watching the stars. I was looking out at the constellations, and smiled as owls flew by.

A few moments later, someone grabbed my shoulder. I screamed, and in a blurred motion, a white hand went up to cover my mouth. I looked up at the man with panicked eyes, and I gasped in disbelief at who it was. He had black hair, and had father’s face, except for his eyes. Mother’s eyes were covered in shadows because of the darkness. He was smiling at me and whispered, “Hello Didyme.”
Then he let his hand off my mouth.
“Aro! My brother, what are you doing here?! You nearly scared me half to death.” I continued to stare at him. It looked as if Aro had risen from the dead. The last time I saw him, he didn’t seem this fair and beautiful. And where he touched my shoulder, was still cold as ice. Something changed.

“All in good times, dear sister.” Then he grabbed my left hand and held it in his for a long moment. Then his eyes closed, and his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.. This was strange, he never usually did this.

“My brother, why’st thy hold my palm?” I tried to pull it away, but Aro held on to it very tightly. He was so…..strong.
After a few moments, he finally opened his eyes, and smiled, “Nothing of course, Didyme.” He held onto my hand, and smiled.

My mind was filled questions. Where was he in these past few years? Why did he run away? Why did he look so different? What happened to him?

And, as if he read my mind, he said, “I was starting up a…… group of my own. And, I ran away to fullfill my dreams, Didyme. Forgive me if this made you unhappy. Oh, and I did not rise up from the dead. And all your other questions will be answered in good time.”

Aro gently tugged my arm and pulled me out of the orchards. We were heading toward the front gate in less than a second. How did he become to fast?

“Aro, where are you taking me?”
“To my home.” He smiled back reassuringly at me.
“Shall we not tell mother and father?”
That stopped him short. He paused for a moment, and then said, “I don’t think they’ll be that useful. They are very old…..” Then he started walking again. When we reached the gate, I was about to tell him that the gates would be locked. But as I looked closer, the locks had broken.

Aro and I marched out into the streets. I stared up at him in disbelief and asked, “Did you break the locks on the gates?” But he didn’t answer.
In two seconds, he pulled me up and put me on his shoulders. My arms were dangling on his back, and he started running. My eyes widened at his speed.
“How long do I have stay until you take me home?”
“I’m not taking you home, dear sister. You are living with me from now on.”
My hands balled up in fists and I yelled at him, “What?! NO! Have you lost your mind, Aro? I don’t even know where ‘home’ is to you. You take me back to mother and father.”
Aro glanced up at me but didn’t break him pace. “I’m sorry but you have no other choice.”
Then I gasped. I finally got to see his eyes. They were bright crimson red.

I whispered quietly, “My brother, what are you?”
Aro stopped his running and stopped in the middle of the street. There was a small hole in the ground, I cringed away at it. I was scared of the dark. And the hole was probably a long ways down too. He pulled me down from his shoulder and held me in mid air, above the hole. I looked at him in panic.

“Something that you’ll become very soon.” He smiled one last time, and then sunk his teeth into my elbow. A scream escaped out of my lungs. My elbow was on fire. It burned, and burned. I screamed at him, “What did you do to me?!! Why am I burning?!!!! Make it stop! Make it stop!!!” Aro ignored my screams.

He dropped me into the small hole. I was falling into the dark. I hyperventilated and screamed even more. I hate the dark, and the pain made it even more frightening. I couldn’t stop screaming. As I continue to fall, the pain spread through out my whole entire arm now. Thankfully, I landed onto the cold stone ground. But it was still dark. Aro landed next to me quickly. He picked me up again, and started running through the dark. I had no sense of where I was. All I could do was scream.
May not be that good....it's strictly rough draft.... sweatdrop

you should put that on ramblingsandthoughts.com/twilight it is the major fanfiction site for twilighters.. ooh I am going to PM you this because I want to ask you if I can edit *has a complex when sees bad editing* *twitch twitch burning_eyes * but yeah I would SO follow that story  
Breaking Dawn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games