Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
It finally conked out... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:25 pm
After many years of loyal service my ps2 has decided to retire. It powers up nicely and reads discs great but the AV port has become loose and no picture is transmitted! gonk Despite my best efforts, i cannot fix the stupid socket!

Before I sell my broken ps2 on ebay for 99c and buy a replacement, anybody got any home remedies that I could try out?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:34 pm
This thread is relevent to my interests. Along with her problem, tell me how to fix a broken disc cartidge. Meaning, my brother dropped it and the disc cartridge won't pop out anymore.

I can still play the one game in there sweatdrop
Too bad it's spiderman 2.  

Jonnnn

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:42 pm
Jonnnn

LOLOL I feel bad for you! Once my best friend's psone got dropped and the only way it could play discs was if the tray was open! figure that one out....

Is it possible to pry the disc tray open somehow? Like a manual release or something? Maybe I can practice on my borken ps2....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:48 pm
Undine Mystic
Jonnnn

LOLOL I feel bad for you! Once my best friend's psone got dropped and the only way it could play discs was if the tray was open! figure that one out....

Is it possible to pry the disc tray open somehow? Like a manual release or something? Maybe I can practice on my borken ps2....

I'm sure it's possible, but I have not been able to. I'd actually feel more confident going into it, but I would not know what to do from there. sweatdrop  

Jonnnn

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:54 pm
my friend has the same problem on his old xbox
when he turns on the system, he uses his finger nails to push it up and it pops right open.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:55 pm
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic
Jonnnn

I'm sure it's possible, but I have not been able to. I'd actually feel more confident going into it, but I would not know what to do from there. sweatdrop

Same here... I almost feel I could perfom open heart surgery on my ps2 but if I screw up, I can't even sell it for 99c on ebay sad I mean, it's just a loose port right? and yours seems simple enough..... D:  

Undine Mystic

Korean Kracker II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:57 pm
Undine Mystic
Jonnnn
Undine Mystic
Jonnnn

Same here... I almost feel I could perfom open heart surgery on my ps2 but if I screw up, I can't even sell it for 99c on ebay sad I mean, it's just a loose port right? and yours seems simple enough..... D:

WOW, that sucks.
lie and say its working lol  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:52 am
Let's see.. You can try any of the following, but I warn you, they be "risky" if you don't listen to all the instructions.

Actually wait.. my ideas are for the gamecube/n64. Crap. I'm going to go learn how to fix a ps2 now.

EDIT: try typing in "ps2 av fix" in google, there should be an answer in there.  

Griffinith

Aged Phantom

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:58 am
I'm actually on my 3rd ps2,the last 2 had tht annoying disk read error problem.I found that when they're placed upright they suck in more dust so I've kept this one flat,not a problem at all :3but my disk tray opens alittle wonky at times.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:28 pm
My socket is messed up as well, but I can jiggle it around enough to make it work.  

nitnit
Captain

Undine Mystic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:34 pm
nitnit
My socket is messed up as well, but I can jiggle it around enough to make it work.

Unfortunately, my socket is all jiggled out, not even flashes of signal! Alas, I have no choice but to sell it off. I have already purchased a new one (second hand, I have spent too much money lately!) so it better not die too soon!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:40 pm
I WON'T buy it...  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:27 pm
I still need to get a PS2. And yes, I do know what I'm missing out on, so don't try that. Maybe when I get a job.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 am
Duct tape that s**t back on.  
Main Forum