Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
Most SB Couples

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

that_aly82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:42 am
One thing that I noticed after reading so many SB manga is that a lot of the couples go through the same things like fever, might move away, a rival, and stuff like that. it happens in so many SB mangas. Sometimes I want to see something new, something no one has tried yet. I wouldn't mind reading a manga about a couple that actually breaks up for a while instead of just threatening to break up for one chapter. It's not like all of them are like that though. Vampire Knight and Gentleman's Alliance have so many ideas in the stories that no one has tried yet. I like those ones better. its new and original.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:17 am
That's the problem with cliches...they're cliche and they're almost always boring.

kel aka gandy
Captain

0o-Kikyon-o0

11,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 am
xxXBloody_FrostbiteXxx
One thing that I noticed after reading so many SB manga is that a lot of the couples go through the same things like fever, might move away, a rival, and stuff like that. it happens in so many SB mangas. Sometimes I want to see something new, something no one has tried yet. I wouldn't mind reading a manga about a couple that actually breaks up for a while instead of just threatening to break up for one chapter. It's not like all of them are like that though. Vampire Knight and Gentleman's Alliance have so many ideas in the stories that no one has tried yet. I like those ones better. its new and original.

Have you read peach girl? If not I strongly suggest it. :] it sounds like the right thing for you biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 pm
Thats true there r a lot of cliches but i like how some of the authors twist that cliche differently in their own way. Some copy others but some actually make that cliche their own.  

cold2

Perfect Stranger 3-0

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Try Nana. Is the least anti-cliche series.
If you're under 18, you may find it boring. My 14 yr. old cousin gave it a try, and throw it away because she thought it was boring, and she preferred Vampire Knight instead.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 am
I honestly think NANA is awesome, because they grasp the reality we have, and take it and put it in their manga. ANYTHING could happen in that manga, falling pineapples, flying leprechauns......yeah, they wouldn't do that, but still!  

Asura Kanako

5,150 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

Tambergal

Blessed Elder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:51 am
stuff might be reoccuring because its hard to come up with new ideas that don't already exist....... that's my opinion  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games