Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
This post gave me a brain tumor.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I did what I could...

Did I miss anything? Besides the words in all caps?

My head hurts now... gonk

Edit: I missed a non-capitalized I in the first sentence.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:59 pm
I've seen much worse. -insert a sad sigh- At least it was easy to translate into normal English. I'm still miffed that she is insinuating that all girls are "crazy, nuts, and/or that kind of stuff." Wait, sorry, that is my feminist side coming in. Well, I've seen worse, but still! crying Seeing too many of these kind of posts makes my brain hurt.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm
Wow. eek

I'm quite shocked like mc2, upon such a person thinking that all girls like that kind of stuff. And that all that High School Musical/Jonas Brothers/Heck-load-of-unnecessary-information had nothing to do with the topic of Bionicles. (Hard for me to keep this bit in, but this person is far from the "typical girl", since the typical girl does not exist in today's society in my eyes. We now have different types of girls around. From whores, smarties, gamers to dorks, like me ._." )  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:40 pm
scream I despise HSM and the Jonas Brothers and such. I'm not sure why; it's just not my thing. And to see it appear in stores and such makes my blood boil, but that's for another rant...

In any case, no, you don't seem to have missed much. Nice editing.  

Patron with a Mission

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:53 pm
The Evil Lord Sunday
...Heck-load-of-unnecessary-information had nothing to do with the topic of Bionicles...

Well, the fact that it was posted in the "Off Topic" section of a Bionicle fan site might have a bit to do with that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:00 pm
The Evil Lord Sunday
Wow. eek

I'm quite shocked like mc2, upon such a person thinking that all girls like that kind of stuff. And that all that High School Musical/Jonas Brothers/Heck-load-of-unnecessary-information had nothing to do with the topic of Bionicles. (Hard for me to keep this bit in, but this person is far from the "typical girl", since the typical girl does not exist in today's society in my eyes. We now have different types of girls around. From whores, smarties, gamers to dorks, like me ._." )

What is worse is that she is a girl, meaning that she is encouraging the belief that women are not mentally stable. Then, her post alone, seems to support the belief that women are illiterate/stupid and are interested in such rubbish like High School Musical and the Jonas Brothers, not that there are really any faults in liking such, though like Dameon_Patron_of_Healing I'm not crazy about any of this. Why do stupid people have to hurt the crusade for proving that women are intelligent and insulting "typical" people? Well, cheers to those abnormal people out there who appreciate typing in proper English!  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

xXBisexual FlanXx

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:37 pm
OK, seriously now. Why does it seem to me that all pre-teens and teenagers other than me don't care what they learn in L.A. class(Language arts, not Los Angles)? Honestly, I find that HSM, Hanna Montana, and all those singers on Disney(who are getting huge paychecks to act like they care about fans)really just that much annoying*. And the stereotype that all girls like this kind of stuff bugs me. Kind of like thinking that all girls like the Twilight series(which made me want to rip out my eyes so I'd never have to read anything like that again). Sorry, I'm starting to pick on her, not the errors. Seriously, it's fine if you like those things, but I personally think they rot your brain.

Oh, and an error you missed(Other than the one on the first sentence): 'so flippin awesome' instead of 'so flipping awesome' or 'so flippin' awesome'

*Sorry if this confused you. I was typing fast, and I was a little confused myself. What I meant was that I hated them as much as this girl loved them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:39 pm
Lekonua
The Evil Lord Sunday
...Heck-load-of-unnecessary-information had nothing to do with the topic of Bionicles...

Well, the fact that it was posted in the "Off Topic" section of a Bionicle fan site might have a bit to do with that.

Oh. surprised I didn't know that sweatdrop  

Swell Sundae

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:49 pm
mc2
The Evil Lord Sunday
Wow. eek

What is worse is that she is a girl, meaning that she is encouraging the belief that women are not mentally stable. Then, her post alone, seems to support the belief that women are illiterate/stupid and are interested in such rubbish like High School Musical and the Jonas Brothers, not that there are really any faults in liking such, though like Dameon_Patron_of_Healing, I'm not crazy about any of this. Why do stupid people have to hurt the crusade for proving that women are intelligent and insulting "typical" people? Well, cheers to those abnormal people out there who appreciate typing in proper English!

True, true.

Us women are mentally stable (except for when the once-a-month-pain comes along =_=" ) but it's quite sad how she's making us all look like idiots, and attempting to make us live the 13-14th centuries again, where women are viewed as lesser beings. =_="

What questions me to the point of confusion is how this girl even knows how to spell the word "typical", or even use it. I don't hear that word often. We just say "normal" since it's a somewhat fast-paced life in my area. And that my brain cells are dying at a faster rate for conforming to society abit too much, nonetheless. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:01 pm
The Evil Lord Sunday
mc2
The Evil Lord Sunday
Wow. eek

What is worse is that she is a girl, meaning that she is encouraging the belief that women are not mentally stable. Then, her post alone, seems to support the belief that women are illiterate/stupid and are interested in such rubbish like High School Musical and the Jonas Brothers, not that there are really any faults in liking such, though like Dameon_Patron_of_Healing, I'm not crazy about any of this. Why do stupid people have to hurt the crusade for proving that women are intelligent and insulting "typical" people? Well, cheers to those abnormal people out there who appreciate typing in proper English!

True, true.

Us women are mentally stable (except for when the once-a-month-pain comes along =_=" ) but it's quite sad how she's making us all look like idiots, and attempting to make us live the 13-14th centuries again, where women are viewed as lesser beings. =_="

What questions me to the point of confusion is how this girl even knows how to spell the word "typical", or even use it. I don't hear that word often. We just say "normal" since it's a somewhat fast-paced life in my area. And that my brain cells are dying at a faster rate for conforming to society abit too much, nonetheless. sweatdrop

Have you been out much? Women are still believed by many (including women, who are more at fault than men) to be lesser beings.

Anyhow, on to word and grammar discussions, do you seriously not hear "typical" that much? I think I use typical more than normal. Normal almost sounds vulgar on the tongue: the word just doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely as "typical." I think I hear "typical" more, as in the sense of "Well, that's typical." -shrug-  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Swell Sundae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 pm
mc2

Have you been out much? Women are still believed by many (including women, who are more at fault than men) to be lesser beings.

Anyhow, on to word and grammar discussions, do you seriously not hear "typical" that much? I think I use typical more than normal. Normal almost sounds vulgar on the tongue: the word just doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely as "typical." I think I hear "typical" more, as in the sense of "Well, that's typical." -shrug-

Yeah... I don't seem to go out alot sweatdrop School's been harsh lately :/ (I detest studying, for I have no study habits ._." )

By the women being viewed as lesser being thing, I meant a reference somewhat to the past sweatdrop somewhere in Europe, but I kind of forgot what it was (I'm not so great with history @_@" )

I've been reading too much about people as of late, and whenever anyone speaks to me on any subject of reality and imagination, they seem to respond to the word "normal" more than "typical". My vocabulary has already begun to downgrade at this point sweatdrop . Or is already shot to smithereens. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:45 pm
I'm pretty sure that such use of the word "typical" comes from too much television.

Too many shows these days follow the "I'm a typical boy/girl, just like you!" kind of formula.

They seem to HAVE to use either "typical" or "average." rolleyes  

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 am
I, personally, don't care what or who someone chooses to be a fan of- it's their own business. But when you can buy Zac Efrons' face on a pair of socks- something is wrong with the world.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 2:24 pm
Damn, that's pretty aggravating. The spelling and grammar are bad, but the preppy vibe coming from this Journal just aggravates the hell out of me.  

Farrago

Proxy Codger

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces