Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Why are there no Sailor Sun + Sailor Earth? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Hetfield

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:04 pm
Of all of the scouts that have been made, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Venus, Pluto, Mini Moon, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, Galaxia, Cosmos, the Sailor Stars and any others I have failed to name, why is there no Sailor Sun? Why is there no Sailor Earth??? I know Prince Endymion (Darien) is the prince of the earth but still! there needs to be a Sailor Sun + Earth!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:38 pm
The reason there is no Sailor Earth is that Prince Endymion is the protector of Earth as was his line before him.

Elysium is the world of those who protect the Earth.

As for the Sun. I think its primarily the same as there is a Helios in Elysium.
Helios, named for the Sun Titan.
Correct me if I am wrong.  

aurelia sabina

Codebreaking Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:32 pm
Helios is the son of the Titans :Hyperion (Another Sun Reference) and Theia (also called Euryphaessa ). His sisters are Eos(dawn) and Selene(Moon).

There's no need for a Sailor Earth or Sun-because Naoko already stated that Endymion is the -senshi- for Earth. Therefore the need for a Sailor Earth is not needed at all. This also is because Endymion has the Starseed for Earth which is a Sailor Crystal. So he's qualifies as a 'sailor' in a sense. It also states that Endymion has the blessings of both the Sun and Earth. (something similar to that line. in the SuperS Manga as Nehellenia is being sealed back into the mirror.)

There's no need for a Sailor Sun either. Because if you haven't noticed, wherever the evil comes from -there is no senshi. Queen Meteria aka-shapeless ball of evil power comes from the sun. The Death Phantom is from Nemesis-there isn't a Sailor Nemesis.

Elsyion/Elysian is the land in which the Golden Kingdom once stood. There's evidence that points to Elysion/Elysian having once been on the surface of earth before the corruption and battle that Beryl brought with her.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:49 pm
Naoko Takeuchi stated that Endymion is BOTH Sun and Earth.

His kingdom was the Golden Kingdom of Earth.

His astrological sign in Leo, making his ruling "planet" the Sun.

So he's two for the price of one! rofl

(I'm not related in any way, I'm a different Senshi...)  

Codename Sailor Earth

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:39 am
Helios, being the Sun God and all, kind of removes a need for a Senshi from the Sun.

Endymion is the son of Zeus and Elis. Lover of Artemis. She came to him in a dream because she was enamored by his beauty. Artemis bore him 50 daughters. He loved the dream so much he begged Zeus for eternal youth, sleep, and immortality to prolong his affair with Artemis. Selene is one of Artemis' epithets. And we know Serena came from the name Selene. So it fits together with Sailor Moon. But the Greek character set has nothing on why they would make him the Earth's protector.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:09 pm
Wait, Ryuundo. That's backwards. Artemis was a Virgin Goddess. She couldn't have gotten with Endymion. It was Selene. Selene got Endymion. Naoko based it off that love story. It was Selene that bore 50 daughters from Endymion.
That's why in Mamoru/Usagi's past lives they were Endymion and Serenity.  

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Ryuondo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:35 pm
Rei Torano
Wait, Ryuundo. That's backwards. Artemis was a Virgin Goddess. She couldn't have gotten with Endymion. It was Selene. Selene got Endymion. Naoko based it off that love story. It was Selene that bore 50 daughters from Endymion.
That's why in Mamoru/Usagi's past lives they were Endymion and Serenity.

She did it in a dream. There was no actual sex involved. That's why Endymion pleaded to Zeus for eternal youth, sleep, and immortality. Selene is an epithet of Artemis. An epithet is just another name.

For example; Zeus is also known as Jove, He Of The Wide Brow and in Rome, Jupiter. Another example. Apollo is also known as Helios, Hyperion, Helius, and Phoebus. And when the Romans took over the Greek gods he became Sol.

Serenity represents Artemis in that equation. Artemis is the goddess of the Moon. Just as Apollo is the God of the Sun.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:18 pm
There is no sailor sun because it apers(sp) to be that most of the sailor moon big bosses(forgive the term) come from the sun.  

HEEROFLUFFY

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:52 am
Ryuondo
Selene is an epithet of Artemis. An epithet is just another name.

For example; Zeus is also known as Jove, He Of The Wide Brow and in Rome, Jupiter. Another example. Apollo is also known as Helios, Hyperion, Helius, and Phoebus. And when the Romans took over the Greek gods he became Sol.

Serenity represents Artemis in that equation. Artemis is the goddess of the Moon. Just as Apollo is the God of the Sun.

actually, that's a little bit wrong

Selene was the moon goddess from a different generation of Greeks. and during that generation is where the story of where her and Endymion sprang into existence.

then in a later generation, Artemis (her parents are Zeus and Leto) came and represented mostly hunting, virginity and the moon. She was a little more...hardcore than Selene too. like. Selene fawns all over Endymion, while Artemis kills any man who looks at her funny XD
but the two of them are seperate goddesses. they both represent the moon. but they're different

college mythology class pays off xd  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:48 pm
Eh? Never had asked that question to myself, yet I understand things better in Sailor Moon

FantasyFollower

yuki-wentz

Benevolent Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:58 pm
Endymion/Darien/Mamoru has the role of Sailor Earth (yes, even though he isn't required to wear a black and white sailor scout outfit..lololol..oh what a sight that would've been!)

i dunno about the sun sailor though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:32 pm
i never really knew that about darien-i mean the whole sun thing

personally, its stupid but i think it would be pretty if there was a sailor callisto or europa or titan/triton- yea its gay, but its an idea....i guess

Azeizel

Yukiangel48

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:37 pm
Well that makes sense, kinda.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:58 pm
As others have said, there's no Sailor Earth because Endymion is the protector of Earth.

The reason there's no "Sailor Sun" is because... the sun isn't a planet. It's a star (named Sol). And the sun is represented in the series with Helios, (Pegasus), the Priest of Elysium, which, in turn, is the domain of Endymion.  

Rasabon

7,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Kit DeClaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:58 pm
Well, in Sailor Moon SuperS, the story is that, "Darien's pain is caused by the Earth being in danger. He is in sync with the Earth." Well, I guess that was like saying he is 'Sailor Earth" since he was the prince of Earth. As for Sailor Sun, I don't know. Of course the Sun isn't really planet but that's never stopped Sailor Moon before. I would think it was Helios. Most of the details from Sailor Moon come from both Greek and Roman Mythology. Since, in greek mythology, Helios is the god of the sun, I would think that he was meant for being 'Sailor Sun.' But in Roman Mythology, the name 'Endymion' was used for a shepard, so (again), who knows! sweatdrop  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff