Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:26 pm
User Image

Mapatano grumbled impatiently. He'd just caught a gemsbok, and had already set it aside for pridemembers to enjoy. But see, Hisa was now complaining once more about how he wasn't letting himself heal. "And, where are you going anyway? " The red kite grumbled, gliding feet above his head.

"Nowhere. " He said, shrugging. "Just walking. " He continued to pad across the lands, though suddenly Hisa chirped, speaking up again. "Ngao. " She commented, eyes focusing on a tree a distance away. Mapa raised his head. Fair distance, he only saw a white blob. The dark lion diverged his route and headed towards Ngao instead. He hadn't spoken to her since everything had happened, truthfully. In fact, he'd barely spoke to anyone.

"Ngao, " He said once getting closer, though he didn't entirely expect her to look in his direction. Sadly, he'd heard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:31 pm
User Image

As much as she hated to admit it, recovering was taking a lot longer than Ngao would have liked. Her battles with Kitisho had left her battered and broken, unfixable in more ways than one. Most of her cuts and bites were slowly healing. Much too slowly. But her leg barely felt as if it were changing and it was becoming obvious that her sight would never return. She regretted nothing, not for the life of Umoja, but she was still worrying silently if she could really continue as Captain in her state. She stubbornly refused to give up the title and the responsibilities, but she sometimes doubted if that was best.

Today she was resting until a tree, trying not to fret over the deaths she had been unable to prevent and the turmoil the pride had faced. It was so hard to ignore, but the more she thought about it, the more hopeless she felt. And she was determined not to reach that point. What good would she be to anyone moping about?

She did not hear him at first, but when she did her ears flicked to the side and her head slowly turned. Her now silver, blank eyes did not seek nor find him. So she stared at the nothingness that she saw, focusing on her ears and the vibrations she felt through her paws. She was still getting used to blindness.

"Mapatano...?" she asked slowly, hoping she had gotten it right. She was slowly recognizing people by their voices and movements...but it was almost like meeting them anew, but knowing what sort of answers and responses to expect.

Ary Keeyara

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:03 pm
"Yes. " The black lion nodded. Perhaps it wa sbest that Ngao couldn't see him, after all, he'd reminded Machafuko of Kitisho. Imagine reminding Ngao of him. He frowned slightly, focusing her eyes on hers for a moment. Granted she hadn't done the whole Kitisho thing for him, she'd done it for Umoja, but he'd been with Umoja. So he was equally grateful, and couldn't help but feel slightly guilty. Her leg, also, didn't look too bad. At least she wasn't being ridiculous like Elea.

He sat down, unsure of what to say, after all, what wer eyou supposed to say to someone who's just lost her sight, and her leg was in such a condition? "So... thanks. " He muttered slightly, though he was sure she'd catch that. The blind and their mega hearing and whatnot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:25 pm
She was relieved at her success. It would have been embaressing to guess wrong. "What sort of Captain would I be if I couldn't tell anyone appart?" she murmured, more to herself than to him. It was a funny thing, because her gaze, unseeing, met his when she spoke though it was hardly her intent. She shook her head a little, as if to put her back on track, and tested the silence again, this time in response to his last statement.

"For what, may I ask?" she seemed sincere enough, a bit of disappointment coloring her tone. She was still at the point where she wished she had protected more of the pride members. She was still wishing she had done better. Thoughts of her victory over Kitisho were rare; it wasn't something she wished to think much about.

Ary Keeyara

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:37 pm
"May not have been your intention, " He flicked his ears. "you saved my a**, common courtesy is to be grateful. Though, I guess if you really hate thank you's, I could just complain about you behind your back and chuck pebbles in your direction. " He smirked, though he knew she couldn't see it. He'd fallen into the snarky position quickly, he realized, but Mapatano wasn't one to remain polite very long. Sure, he had his great moments, but usually it was him being pissy.

Hisa rolled her eyes from her spot taken beside her bonded, for a moment she wanted to say something about the blindness, but she highly doubted it was a good idea, Ngao didn't need to keep being reminded of it. She even doubted Mapatano would poke fun at that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:35 pm
"It's my duty," Ngao replied simply, "Thanks are not required." She had been raised to be a guard all her life. It had become her purpose, her goal, and she could see herself doing nothing else. What she had done...she did not see it as charity or nobility, but necessity. She had had to do it. It was a part of who she was, now more than ever.

"Perhaps I deserve some pebbles thrown my way," she joked, though there was the possibility that she meant it. But she tried to force her mind away from the subject. Her mentor was right; pitty, worry, and shame were unproductive. She just had to keep improving and adapting.

"Hopefully," she said on a more serious note, "I'll be able to go back to full training and preperations soon." She hated recovering, though she had to admit it felt good to finally be able to sleep, if only because her body bid her to.

Ary Keeyara

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff