Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Monk/Psych Fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Monk, Psych, House, USA Network, television 

Reply You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)
#7.8 - Mr. Monk Gets Hypnotized (Episode Discussion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Episode was...
  So funny. xD
  Stupid. Dx
  lolwut (Poll whore)
View Results

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:08 pm
THIS.

EPISODE.

WAS EPIC LULZ ALL THE WAY THROUGH. YOUNG MONK IS SO COOL. xDD And I loved his frog, Hoppy, was it?

It's a SYRUP EMERGENCY! Also, and by the way, I totally would have paid Monk five bucks to eat that gum. And by the way, you're all stupid. Except for you. You're not stupid.

And I'm also moving to france.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:50 pm
XD Haha Monk as a kid (mentally, at least) was adorable, since he already sorta acts like one, what not with his whining and such.

Him freaking out about the gum was priceless, but for once - reasonable. Hey, I'd spaz too if that happened to me. It was in the captain's mouth...and underneath that lady's heels. XD

The Scarlet Justice

Ceribri
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 pm

"I GOT IT!"
*the entire police force crowding around Monk*
*object in question is a frog*

rofl rofl rofl

The fact that we've seen Monk be Monk for so long that we know how he's gonna act/respond.. for Tony Shaloub to play a character within a character, it's so funny to see because he's brilliant! 3nodding
It's a great change of pace for the show as well as the characters and the way the story goes.. if he hadn't regressed into a six year old, he would never have eaten the gum, which was the crucial piece of evidence. xd

Randy. I LOVE Randy. heart
"I'll give you five bucks." .. so nonchalant like it was anyone *other* than Monk.

COOTIES!! rofl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:17 pm
Oh yes, the cooties that non-married people have is swarming. xD I'm confused though. If Monk got his normal childhood, why is it when he became an adult again he was exactly the same?  

YAY 9000
Crew

Ms Spork

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:12 pm
Kitsune-chan64
Oh yes, the cooties that non-married people have is swarming. xD I'm confused though. If Monk got his normal childhood, why is it when he became an adult again he was exactly the same?

His "normal" (not that it was actually that normal, normal children don't usually have the body of a grown man and solve murders) childhood lasted less than a day. Can't really make up for years and years of "un-normality"

That, and he was too busy being traumatized by the gum chewing incident.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:12 pm
Ms Spork
Kitsune-chan64

His "normal" (not that it was actually that normal, normal children don't usually have the body of a grown man and solve murders) childhood lasted less than a day. Can't really make up for years and years of "un-normality"

That, and he was too busy being traumatized by the gum chewing incident.
Well, he is Monk... anything can happen to him... even the weirdest things ever. And I would freak out about that gum too.

AUGH! *Washes mouth out* Just thinking about it makes me feel dirty!  

YAY 9000
Crew

Anne Packrat

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:35 am
I was also greatly amused by Horace's (did I get that right?) change to.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 pm
Anne Packrat
Harold Krenshaw, I believe, if you're talking about Monk's arch enemy xP
I agree 3nodding He was very amusing.  

Azure Firefox

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Azure Firefox
Anne Packrat
Harold Krenshaw, I believe, if you're talking about Monk's arch enemy xP
I agree 3nodding He was very amusing.
Yea, I was confused when I first saw him. I was thinking, "Harold can't get better before Monk! He's Harold! And Monk is better then Harold! EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!!! AUGH!!" And then my brain exploded.

I wish I could have seen that rainbow they were talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:57 pm
I finally got to watch the episode today, after missing it the previous week. It was awesome. And lol, Monk... and Harold!  

Pitterus

YAY 9000
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm
Pit Palutena
I finally got to watch the episode today, after missing it the previous week. It was awesome. And lol, Monk... and Harold!
I'm almost surprised that they're not some weird yaoi pairing already. Seriously. It's weird. They can pair Jack Sparrow with Davy Jones, but not the two people in Monk that hate each other most? Then again, maybe it should be a blessing that they haven't yet.

Maybe I shouldn't take this silence for granted.

Maybe.

But still.

I wanna start arguing. Right now. I don't know why though. ANYWAYS. Why did I not realize Monk was hypnotized until Natalie flat out said so? Was I just being stupid?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:34 pm
Kitsune-chan64
Pit Palutena
I'm almost surprised that they're not some weird yaoi pairing already.

MIND BLEACH!! WHERE IS THE MIND BLEACH??!! gonk

Seriously, that would be a disturbing train wreck of a relationship, that would. :/

If you didn't realize he was hypnotized, why did you think he was acting like that?  

Ms Spork

Azure Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 pm
Kitsune-chan64
Pit Palutena
I'm almost surprised that they're not some weird yaoi pairing already. Seriously. It's weird. They can pair Jack Sparrow with Davy Jones, but not the two people in Monk that hate each other most? Then again, maybe it should be a blessing that they haven't yet.
I totally never thought of that! xD You're so right, though. It's amazing there haven't been any yaoi pairings of them. Though, that might be a little awkward *nod nod*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:20 pm
Ms Spork
Kitsune-chan64
Pit Palutena
I'm almost surprised that they're not some weird yaoi pairing already.

MIND BLEACH!! WHERE IS THE MIND BLEACH??!! gonk

Seriously, that would be a disturbing train wreck of a relationship, that would. :/

If you didn't realize he was hypnotized, why did you think he was acting like that?
He's Monk. I really don't think this has to be discussed any further then that.

AND MONKXHAROLD WOULDN'T BE AWKWARD. IT WOULD BE BLECH, AND BLEEEEEECCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH. I WOULD DIE INSIDE IF THEY HAPPENED. I NEED SOME MIND BLEACH TOO NOW.  

YAY 9000
Crew

You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games