Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
This is madness! ... THIS! IS! EXPO!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:06 am
Hallo! I just got back from my first convention. AND IT WAS AWESOME!

I didn't manage to go in Cosplay (There's always London/February's one), but I had the best time ever. I got hugged by random people, hugged random people, bought some manga and pocky (which I love so much), played Taiko no Tatsujin (It's a rhythm game with a Taiko drum) and got 2 manga books. I also watched the masquerade, which was really awesome.

But, I've walked so much that I thought my feet were bleeding and my throat hurts from cheering. But I don't care! xD

So!

How was your first convention (If you've been to one)?
Where are you going for your next (or first convention)?
Will I be put on the internet?
Have YOU hugged Franziska Von Karma and Hatsune Miku on the same day?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:48 am
My first covention was the london expo in 2004 in may. Before it became a anome expo, it wa more focused on comics, film, sci-fi. I brought a han solo action figure, a how to draw anime book, pocky and a Squall action figure. Lots of fun. I went agian the next 2 years where it had become more focused on anime adn alot bigger. Then I moved to Canada and Ive been to anime evolution. 2 times.
The next one i'm going to is the London expo again in Oct 20th with my little bro as im back in England  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Amy Obscurite

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:33 am
supercalisto
My first covention was the london expo in 2004 in may. Before it became a anome expo, it wa more focused on comics, film, sci-fi. I brought a han solo action figure, a how to draw anime book, pocky and a Squall action figure. Lots of fun. I went agian the next 2 years where it had become more focused on anime adn alot bigger. Then I moved to Canada and Ive been to anime evolution. 2 times.
The next one i'm going to is the London expo again in Oct 20th with my little bro as im back in England
I was thinking about going to the London Expo in October, but I really wanna cosplay to the next one, and I don't think a month is long enough. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:56 pm
Amy Obscurite
supercalisto
I was thinking about going to the London Expo in October, but I really wanna cosplay to the next one, and I don't think a month is long enough. D:

I'm not dressing up either! If you go let me know we could meet up! I a non creepy way  

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:33 pm
Hmmmm. I went to do an SCA demonstration with my Barony group at Mini-con. (Minneapolis SF convention) But I wasn't official and couldn't do that much.

Many years later my mother and I went to a doll show at a hotel where Mini-con was taking place and we sneaked into the dealers room. (MY MOM!) So I could get super hero action figures.

I went to a sort of a Dr. Who thing once, but that was only a long day thing. That was in High school.

My first anime convention was Anime Central in Chicago.

My first professional convention (besides the smaller state ones when they were held in my town) was PLA this last summer.

Here's my advice for any convention: really good walking shoes. With Dr Scholls as needed.

The seasoned professionals at the PLA convention had rolling bags for swag.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:33 am
Salmay
Hmmmm. I went to do an SCA demonstration with my Barony group at Mini-con. (Minneapolis SF convention) But I wasn't official and couldn't do that much.

Many years later my mother and I went to a doll show at a hotel where Mini-con was taking place and we sneaked into the dealers room. (MY MOM!) So I could get super hero action figures.

I went to a sort of a Dr. Who thing once, but that was only a long day thing. That was in High school.

My first professional convention (besides the smaller state ones when they were held in my town) was PLA this last summer.

Here's my advice for any convention: really good walking shoes. With Dr Scholls as needed.

Ohh, that's quite a lot of conventions. xD And advice DEFINITELY taken. My feet still hurt from yesterday. xD

Calisto: That'd be nice. c: I'll make sure to tell you if I'm going. Although I'd need to go fast track if I'm going to a London one. xD It'll be packed.

Amy Obscurite

Kalzonie
Crew

Sparkly Seeker

8,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:26 am
Amy Obscurite
Salmay

Ohh, that's quite a lot of conventions. xD And advice DEFINITELY taken. My feet still hurt from yesterday. xD

Calisto: That'd be nice. c: I'll make sure to tell you if I'm going. Although I'd need to go fast track if I'm going to a London one. xD It'll be packed.

Is it that bad now days?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 pm
Amy Obscurite
Hallo! I just got back from my first convention. AND IT WAS AWESOME!

I didn't manage to go in Cosplay (There's always London/February's one), but I had the best time ever. I got hugged by random people, hugged random people, bought some manga and pocky (which I love so much), played Taiko no Tatsujin (It's a rhythm game with a Taiko drum) and got 2 manga books. I also watched the masquerade, which was really awesome.

But, I've walked so much that I thought my feet were bleeding and my throat hurts from cheering. But I don't care! xD

So!

How was your first convention (If you've been to one)?
Where are you going for your next (or first convention)?
Will I be put on the internet?
Have YOU hugged Franziska Von Karma and Hatsune Miku on the same day?
wow u where too lol i was cosplaying ... hahahaha am not saying  

Lord DemiBaal

Tamei Dukes

O.G. Dabbler

11,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:48 pm
User Image

Lucky, I want to go to a convention, but it'll probably be some years from now. XD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:44 am
supercalisto
Amy Obscurite
Salmay

Is it that bad now days?
Well, London's pretty big, and the announcer said the lines would be huge, so I don't wanna take any chances. xD

DemiBaal: 0: You were there? I could have talked to you and not have known it! xD

T_mama: Aww, that's too bad. If you're okay with hugging and being hugged, it's really fun to go to a convention. How come it'll probably be a few years to go to a convention? Is it because you think one will never be held where you live? D: Because I thought that before I went to my convention. xD It was kinda strange how it happened.

Amy Obscurite

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff