Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:36 pm
AIM Log -- Felyn & Ary Keeyara
Amria & Jangwa'waridi

A soft hum passed the lips of the green lioness as she paced along at the line of the trees, teal eyes gleaming in the shadows of the branches that spread out overhead. It was a quiet, peaceful day and she was reveling in it. No father to obsessively rant about his true life, or about the powers that he was sure all of his children possessed - oh, but none of them had the heart to tell him otherwise. Well, some of them, like Amria, rather liked the look on his face when they hit a little too close for comfort. No, today was a peaceful day, one of the rare few that she could escape the facade of her every day life. Some might think that it was lonesome, the times when she struck out on her own like this, but not her.

Her eyes rolled up to look at the branches overhead, at the birds or other creatures that momentarily chirped or twittered at her before fleeing back to their dens or nests. She didn't shun company, she simply found her solitude relaxing, especially when her usual company consisted of a gaggle of siblings. If there had been others to spend her time with, then surely it would have been quite more entertaining. At such an age, she knew she should have been sucked into what many other lionesses were doing - seeking out potential mates, flirting with males, laying plans for the future. Where was the joy in becoming a brainless buffoon, though? No, this life, for now, was all she needed.

Traveling felt a little odd now. Jangwa'waridi really couldn't explain it. He had the need, the desire to travel, but only because he knew staying in his new home would bring him little use. It wasn't everyday that an injured lioness stumbled in needing tending. He felt more useful, more productive, on the move. So he had ended up following the familiar long trails his mother had walked when he was young and returned to familiar lands. He remembered the Kusini lands and all he had done here; met some friends and now, as it had seemed for the past few days, become helpful.

His supplies had even begun to run low. He had tended an injured cub and a few sick lions as well and it meant that he had to go searching again for herbs. So he had gone out to the tree lines, his eyes glued to the path he walked, examining every little leaf and branch for what he needed. Such was his search that he didn't even try to keep track of who else was around.

It was an odd thing, to find company when was looking for solitude, but even then, as her eyes fell upon the vaguely familiar figure meandering along the tree line before her, she couldn't find any irritation within her. No, if there was one thing that Amria did cherish, it was the few friends she had made. And this friend, for she was sure this was the one that had left when they were young, despite the time that passed, was one in particular she had once been quite fond of despite their less-than-happy beginnings.

"Ridi?" she called out, her head tilting as her steps picked up a quicker pace. "Is that you, you big oaf?" It was a harmless tease, but she did want to make sure it was him. She was positive that he was unmistakeable, that pelt, those markings, but it had been so long and he was just so.. big. She was sure odder mistakes had been made than a simple case of identity confusion. Her pace was graceful, bringing her close to him, though not too terribly inside of his personal space. She had known him once, ages ago, but time changes everyone and the last thing she needed was to find that her once genial friend had become a hard, cruel rogue while out in the world beyond her pride's borders.

Ridi heard his name, well not even his name but it shortened, and his head snapped up into the branches of a low hanging tree he had been crouching under. He only managed a quick glance at her before he was ducking and tugging his mane away from the branches as they clung to him, jeering. With a grunt he pulled himself free, taking a few unsteady steps, and then took a moment to slow his surprised heart.

He then looked at her again, swallowing as he breath returned to normal. Recognition then flitted behind his eyes and he lifted himself up a little more carefully.

"Hey Amria," he murmured, his voice a bit of a grumble, probably still related to his clumsy reaction. Some things never changed.

As soon as she saw him struggling with his mane in the branches of the tree, she knew little about him had probably changed. He was just as clumsy as he'd ever been, if not more so, and the thought put a rather affectionate smile on her maw. She doubted that any angry, harsh rogue would have greeted her so calmly, even if it was a bit of a grumble, especially after embaressing himself that way. It was good to know that not everyone changed over time.

"Some things never change, hmm?" she asked with a soft laugh, not at all jeering or teasing. She took a few steps forward, dipping her head to him in a fleeting greeting, before she reached out with a paw to brush at a few stray twigs still clinging to his mane. It was a wonder how he survived like this if all he was doing was running into things and getting stuck in branches. "I'd tell you to be more careful, but after all this time I don't think it's really going to help."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:29 pm
"I'm never clumsy when it matters," he grumbled in a half-hearted defense. Her words weren't an attack, his were simply instictive, habitual. He was used to messing up on unimportant things which, often, earned some sort of comment from someone. Perhaps that's why he saught such refuge in his healing; at least then he couldn't be called a failure. At least he succeeded at something that mattered.

He looked her over simply, a friendship gesture, and murmured, "Have you changed, mmm? Besides...well you know." Besides getting bigger? Besides becoming more of a girl? Yeah. Besides that. Well, at least she didn't have to do anything drastic like grow a mane. He was sure he looked like a bushy mess. Ah well, there was no helping it. As long as he didn't form any birds nests in there or anything.

She frowned slightly at his words, for a moment disheartened by the almost immediate reaction her slight teasing earned her. Did his clumsiness really upset him that badly? She supposed after growing up with it, it could - how would she know, though? The worst thing she was ever jeered for was not being strong enough with her 'power' and it wasn't as if that was ever really going to upset her when it came down to it. "I'm sure you aren't," she murmured, tugging at a particularly stubborn stick in his mane before sitting down at his side.

"I don't think I have? Not much, anyway, aside from the rather obvious." She shrugged her shoulders and glanced around her. "Nothing here that would really require me to change a whole lot, is there?" She smiled as she glanced back at him, her eyes roaming his features as she did so. "But you, you were out in the roguelands, exploring. I almost expected you to be.. someone completely different if you ever came back here." She tilted her head, almost as if she expected him to change drastically in that very instant, morph into someone else. "What did you find out there?"

"Why?" He gave her a puzzled look, very soft but touching on sullen. Change? Someone completely different? It made him wonder if she thought he SHOULD be different. If it would have been better if he had changed. Thinking about it, though, made him feel rather dreary and it wasn't something he wanted to fall down over. He'd be fine. He was making a difference, he was sure of it.

"Well, I found lots of hurt and sick people, really," he replied easily, "But I guess that's just the nature of my work." He seemed to lighten at the last bit, a bit of pride filling his form. It was obvious, then, that he loved what he did; he loved finding herbs and bringing aid to others. If nothing else, he could say he did that well. And there was nothing more he wanted. Nothing.

"Why? Oh, well, I hear stories all the time about how hard and rough the rogue lands are," she said hesitantly, as if she wasn't sure. She supposed that all the stories could have been wrong, that they were exaggerated, but even the future Queen had once said that there were tough, deranged rogues that lived beyond the borders - and she sported a few scars to prove it. "I just thought that the roguelands might have hardened you, or made you mean. I'm glad they didn't though." She brightened a little at the last, offering him a smile once more.

"Oh?" she listened intently to what he said, puzzling over his words. So he had decided to get really serious about this healing stuff? A viscious jab stung at her as she realized that what he had done for her when they were younger was just part of his job, but she tucked it away, preferring to remain bright in his presence. "Well, I'm glad they have someone to help them. You're very good at what you do," she said, picking up her paw and waving it about a bit, "I should know."

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces