Reply Chatterbox/Humor
Hey Were Alive!!!! (status report after Ike) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Assasin Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:48 pm
So me and Freak have lived through yet another hurricane. Im currently in austin so my parents can work buy Freak is still back in The Woodlands. Our at home power wont be on for 2 to 4 weeks thanks to Entergy massive quantities of fail. But since thats all we can get were screwed the only half assed plus is no school.

Ike was a b***h by the way.

ok thats all for my status report when I get home at the end of the week Ill get freak to post using my aircard so for now later.

(edit) Actually we are pretty worried about looters so hope we dont get any.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:58 pm
If what I have said offended you...

I'm glad to hear you're alright guys.

... then it was probably intentional.

Rommel_Desert_Fox

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:29 pm
Fantastic!

So, any pictures of things?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:08 pm
The ariel footage of Galveston Island looks as bad as the 9th Ward down in New Orleans. But Ike's wind damage has Katrina beat all to hell. Boats everywhere!

Keep your head down and don't take s**t from the looters and FEMA! Hard to tell where one group ends and the other begins...  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:32 am
Floyd
The ariel footage of Galveston Island looks as bad as the 9th Ward down in New Orleans. But Ike's wind damage has Katrina beat all to hell. Boats everywhere!

Keep your head down and don't take s**t from the looters and FEMA! Hard to tell where one group ends and the other begins...

Go ahead and use the line from Clear Sky, "The only loot they got from this outpost are a few bullets to the head!"

So there are looters?
Tell me, do you have you JIC Cruiser?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:46 am
I didnt have my camera during or after the storm it was at my grandmas but I know at least me and Freaks mutaul friend has alot so ill upload them as soon as I can. Me my mom and my little sister are going to stay and austin till the power comes back on at home. Altough we may have to stay a couple nights but my dads going back to hold down the fort.

Actaully funny story since we were worried about looters we bought some of the centurion rounds the ones with a .65 caliber slug with six .30 call buckshot at 25yds the pattern is a perfect circle with the buck shot circling the slug. But anyway all Freak and his dad had was Heavy dove. As he said all you can do with that is piss someone off so we gave him some of our ammo. About 2 hours later his dad calls Saying thank you jesus thank you. But anyway pictures will come in the next two to four weeks Beacuase of Entergy massive quantities of fail.

Thanks for the support guys. Updates to come later. ninja ninja  

Assasin Monkey

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Assasin Monkey
I didnt have my camera during or after the storm it was at my grandmas but I know at least me and Freaks mutaul friend has alot so ill upload them as soon as I can. Me my mom and my little sister are going to stay and austin till the power comes back on at home. Altough we may have to stay a couple nights but my dads going back to hold down the fort.

Actaully funny story since we were worried about looters we bought some of the centurion rounds the ones with a .65 caliber slug with six .30 call buckshot at 25yds the pattern is a perfect circle with the buck shot circling the slug. But anyway all Freak and his dad had was Heavy dove. As he said all you can do with that is piss someone off so we gave him some of our ammo. About 2 hours later his dad calls Saying thank you jesus thank you. But anyway pictures will come in the next two to four weeks Beacuase of Entergy massive quantities of fail.

Dude, those loads are ******** brutal!
I was thinking about getting a box of those for home defense.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:55 pm
Update

Well, at approx. 10:00pm Central, the power came back on for my part of town. The energy else where (in town) has been on and off, so I expect the same will apply for my part of town as well.

Good News:

Very few houses were hit by trees. Everyone is, for the most part, okay. 80% of my town should have electricity by Friday. Only electricity went out, all other utilities stayed on-line. FEMA is out here setting up "P.O.D.s" (Points Of Distribution) in which they are giving out ice, water, and MREs (which I may try and get, just for the sake of having some). FEMA is also handing out checks for damages caused by the storm. Gas is slowly but surely becoming easier to find and obtain. On the first night only one gas station was open, and now about 4-5 are up-and-running. Businesses are opening up more and more. The humidity is low, and the temp. has been around 70-80F, which has been a god send.

Bad News:

Two houses, in my neighborhood, got hit dead-on by trees, one house is empty the other house was destroyed and the woman lost almost everything. My friends truck got messed-up by a huge tree (two of their trees got knocked down). FEMA has jacked almost all ATT cell phone service. The only place I can get a signal is about a mile from the cell tower. School should be starting up again on Monday.

Cool things about the storm: Because the power has been out the night sky has been amazing, every 2-3 minutes you can/could see a satellite going by like a tiny moving star. If the temp and humidity would stay like this, then I wouldn't care about electricity. The nights have even had a black/blue color instead of the reddish tint that city lights normally cast on it.  

Freak_090
Captain

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:03 am
Guess I'll talk about my evac stuff. Left home uh... Friday? To Lafayette, a fairly big city in south-central Louisiana. Stayed in a nice hotel for the night while Ike Iked. I called a few friends that had stayed and they said there was really not much damage around where I live. We're north enough to not get too bad of flooding and west enough to not have been pwned by the winds. Power went out for about two days. The part that pissed me off was every road behind us had power but ours. There was a tree down near the end of our road but even though the metal rod deal had been pulled to stop the electricity for that house, the rest of the road was shut off needlessly. So we wasted money on a hotel room another night because we didn't want to sleep in sickeningly hot and humid Louisiana weather. But the day before yesterday they got it back on.

Hardly any trees down in my town. Flooding was awful south of us in Cameron parish, though. Let's get some pictures...

User Image
That's just the parking lot of the hotel I stayed in. Taken at night a few hours before Ike's landfall. A friend called me while I was watching Conan and I took the picture while I was outside. Those trucks you can see are for some kind of rebuilding company. A bunch of Mexicans were at the hotel, probably waiting for the damage to happen so they could swoop in and make money off repairs. But I suppose if the things that need fixing are fixed, one can't complain.

User Image
And this is the shore of a river. You probably wouldn't know it's flooded unless you'd seen it not flooded, but oh well.

There were a lot of Army and National Guard guys milling about my city, but didn't appear to be doing a lot. Still, response, evacuation, and planning for Ike flowed as smoothly as lead from a gatling gun compared to the Katrina fiasco.

I'll add more pictures tomorrow if I remember.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 am
OberFeldwebel
Assasin Monkey

My brother had a box of those. Double powder load, so they kicked like a mule, but the pumpkin got blown to ********. Shredded a bowling pin, too. He also had a round that had a small lip on the front end of the slug that was filled with medium birdshot, just to ******** up the internals some more. Those were pretty brutal too.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:05 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Assasin Monkey

My brother had a box of those. Double powder load, so they kicked like a mule, but the pumpkin got blown to ********. Shredded a bowling pin, too. He also had a round that had a small lip on the front end of the slug that was filled with medium birdshot, just to ******** up the internals some more. Those were pretty brutal too.

Epic.

I must say power outages do really suck when it's 85-90 degrees and with 90-100% humidity.

We went two days with that kind of deal.

It would almost be worth it if we put in a hand pump water pump in the front yard.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:02 am
Well it really sucks cause me and freaks school still doesnt have power and that part of the woodlands wont get it until the 25th as estimated by entergy so that sucks beacuase i want christmas break damnit...... evil evil evil  

Assasin Monkey

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 am
OberFeldwebel

I must say power outages do really suck when it's 85-90 degrees and with 90-100% humidity.

It was that way here for 2 days, then it cleared up and cooled off. Power is still on, and I suspect it won't be going out any time soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:42 am
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

It was that way here for 2 days, then it cleared up and cooled off. Power is still on, and I suspect it won't be going out any time soon.

So did things start to smell on the second day?  

OberFeldwebel

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:17 am
OberFeldwebel
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel

So did things start to smell on the second day?

Not really, our fish tank started to reek of rotten fish and piss yesterday (Day 4).  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff