Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Show & Tell

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Type Of Cacher Are You?
  Finder
  Hider
  Both
  Neither, I Just Like Voting For Stuff : P
View Results

Neoslayer75

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:41 am
Well seeing as I'm new around here, I figured what better way to jump in and get started than to start a fresh new thread! YAY ME! xd

So class...I'd like to share my thread with you today...time for a little bit of picture posting fun. Share with the rest of the class a picture or pictures of a cache that your going to hide, or have hidden. Simple right? For those who have yet to hide one yet...heres a great chance for you to get some ideas and place your first cache. If you don't have any pictures to share...then you can just describe it...what it looks like, contents, that sort of stuff.

Enjoy!

pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:36 pm
There are about 175 images of my Captain McHarry's Vault cache at the cache page. It was something of a little known local legend before it became a popular milestone cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c6c0e8d4-94e6-4c28-b315-5c5c2e44f31f  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

lightning_fall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:57 pm
Found a hollow, cross eyed, slightly disturbing-looking lawn gnome for a dollar at a garage sale. It won't be hollow for long twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:29 pm
I have some questions about placing caches.

If you are willing to answer,

If you place a cache how often are you needing to look after it and maintain it? Once a month more? and what happens if you can no longer maintain it?  

7raindrops

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:03 pm
If you meet with other cachers in your area for events you may be able to ask one of them to adopt a cache that you can no longer take care of. Otherwise you either have to retrieve the cache and archive the listing or just let it go until it gets damaged or disappears on its own.

The latter happened to a cache I know about in the mountains above Kobe, Japan. It was placed by a foreigner and then got muggled by wild boars. It was a shame since I had place a Travel Bug in it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:57 pm
thank you!!! I know I sound like such a noob but I want to be sure that I am doing this all correctly  

7raindrops

Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff