Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Life is short, what do you plan to do about it?
  Sell my soul to demons and become immortal!
  Have a family and live happily ever after.
  Become a mad hobo.
  Drown myself in cheese.
  OMG! Stop making me depressed!
View Results

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:01 pm
Well I've been away from this guild for a damn long time, theres a ******** of new people here who have no idea who i am. I've been going back through some old posts reliving old memories of the friends i once had. I find it odd that I've been friends with so many people and yet i'm only 19. I've only been through 1/4th of my life so far yet I've met many interesting people. It makes me wonder where my future is headed. Personally i don't see myself living past 30 for three reasons.

1.)It is my personal belief that the apocolypse is going to occur in the next few years hopefully wiping out all living things mrgreen
2.)There is a high chance i'll die of a hereditary heart condition my mom has.
3.)Mad hobo attack.

Assuming i don't kick the bucket me and some friends plan on getting an underground missile silo and living in it. I will be conducting mad bio-experiments trying to give life to strange alien creatures.

"We don't talk about silo 3"

So anyways, where do you see yourselves in the next 10 years or so?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:13 pm
Haha, 2012?
Yeah, I've got that operating in the back of my head xD
But, in the chance that the world isn't ending....
I'm really not sure. I'm in college for graphic design, and graduating this year.
But I dont know what I want to do once I get out. I've toured some companies, and found I dont like the general environment of the firms D:
I really really really want to pursue tattooing more... but my family is against it.
And, in the last few weeks, a few plans have formed and crashed... so overall....
Right now I guess I dont have a plan at all...  

glitteryvaux

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:15 pm
It's entirely likely that bananaman will kill you over a sandwhich and some Mountian Dew before ten years have passed.
Just sayin'

If I'm gonna be stuck being alive in ten years, I better be some kind of cytopathologist living in twilight's sock drawer.
This plan may mean that I'll have to learn how to spell Indiapoliasionaplis.
Thoughts of the future being panic attack inducing, this is a baby step kind of a plan.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:17 pm
1) A multi-billionare from writing amazing movies and working at WETA workshop. (okay, maybe just the WETA part...)

2)Traveling the world, selling my art and participating in various local projects

3) working in some 3D animation or computer graphics company...

4) Dead

5) Crazy

Actually, I don't really see myself clearly. I want to do a lot of things, I'll just go where ever my mind takes me. I'll just work towards what I want and see what comes up, and take the opportunities. Well maybe I should put more effort into things...I don't know.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:24 pm
1) Author with several novels and a few non-fiction books, in addition to poems and short stories popping up here and there in magazines.

2) Career in pharmacology.

3) A bit of drinking. Maybe will have tried snakebite, red witch, and absinthe. Will nonetheless try to avoid alcohol dependency.

4) Renting a house.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm
Again, assuming the world isn't ending...
Either in some tiny apartment or group home in some city I hate, with a job I tolerate and living for coming home and walling myself up with my cats and my computer; and wishing I could afford to move back to the country. Still writing and drawing, trying desperately to get paid enough to quit said job, sell said apartment, and move back to the friggin country.
Or still trying to explain to my big brother that I live in this town because I love it, working over the internet doing some very lame animation for websites. Possibly now stable enough to have a boyfriend; or even a husband. Hey, alot can happen in ten years.
Or, trying to explain to people the world isn't so much ending as recycling it's self, and if you keep trying to stop it you're going to make a zombie planet. IE, being the villain in a scifi novel.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:08 pm
I guess I could always move to Kenya. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:24 am

1) Having my own comic series out and published

2) Being a tattoo artist

3) Being married for 8 years

4) Living away from my parents

5) Being in a movie that my friend directs

JTHMFrAeK-Ghoat

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 am
Now this is a nice thread! YAY! *does a happy dance*

10 years...

Hopefully I will be:

happily married/living with/loving the person I love the most in the world.
have one or two children. or three o__O
singing LOTS.
singing gigs, weddings, funerals, and eventually auditioning for opera/operetta companies.
possibly doing voice acting or other acting work.
still hanging out with the same cool people I've known for years.
still doing beadwork, possibly selling some of my creations.
have worked or be working in the field of mental health or something computer-related (when not doing the artsy stuff).
fully switched over to linux.
finished my university degrees.
still vegan, and doing more for the earth and for animal rights.
still spooky. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:25 pm
my future plans.
well hopefully if i don't flop up, i am going to start my career as a tattoo and body artist, maybe soon after i graduate if i ever find a parlor that will take me in as an apprentice. have my own place and whatnot.
10 years? i hope to find love then, and maybe have a good enough career and a partner that can support us so that we can start a family.
although its unlikely, i'm a major pessimist and tattooing is a HARD vocation to get by in.
but i'll try!

Ayame_Rikimayu

The War on Indifference

Durem Raider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:40 pm
eh... ten years.... ten years ten years ten years...

Well, assuming I don't starve by being a college yuppie or die of overexcertion by walking everywhere, I'd imagine I'd be in the Upper Peninsula (Michigan) working on whatever degree I decide to go after and making a living off working in the campus library and whatever side jobs I can fit into my busy scheduel of studying and being a dork.

Ooo~, aren't I ambitious...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:27 pm
Sin_through_Existence
I'd imagine I'd be in the Upper Peninsula

The UP = ******** sweet.  

GilAskan
Crew

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 am
I'll probably still be seeing my pianist and he'll be talking about how our little dalliance works so well because it's NOT a relationship. lol That or I'll run off with my mother's grad student's best friend who plays the guitar. I have a thing for musicians.

As for my career, hopefully I will be an established singer by then. I am already a small-time (re: out-of-work) folk singer, but I also want to work with other people besides my current accompanist, and I'm hoping to join a goth band and also work on classical music with the above mentioned pianist. Maybe give regular concerts of German lieder, which I know I sing well, and make a Schubert CD. I also plan to take lessons to get back my stratospheric high notes (at which I've become rusty after singing folk songs which aren't very challenging for the last two years). I'd love to record myself singing the Queen of the Night's arias and make them into a techno remix.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:09 am
even ive chosen tha last poll, i like the idea of happi ever after 3nodding  

moonclown

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:23 pm
Veruniel
I'll probably still be seeing my pianist and he'll be talking about how our little dalliance works so well because it's NOT a relationship. lol That or I'll run off with my mother's grad student's best friend who plays the guitar. I have a thing for musicians.

As for my career, hopefully I will be an established singer by then. I am already a small-time (re: out-of-work) folk singer, but I also want to work with other people besides my current accompanist, and I'm hoping to join a goth band and also work on classical music with the above mentioned pianist. Maybe give regular concerts of German lieder, which I know I sing well, and make a Schubert CD. I also plan to take lessons to get back my stratospheric high notes (at which I've become rusty after singing folk songs which aren't very challenging for the last two years). I'd love to record myself singing the Queen of the Night's arias and make them into a techno remix.
Can I interview you someday and make one of those nice coffe table books on you?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff