Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Quran , Should We Listen??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 am
Alsalam Alaykum All ~ ~
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) It is not good manners to ignore the Book of Allaah when it is being recited, even if it is on a tape.” 1

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

There was a group of people travelling by car, and one of them put on a tape of Qur’aan; should they all listen to this tape, and is anyone who speaks whilst the tape is playing sinning thereby? 2

Answer:

Imam Ahmad (may Allaah have mercy on him) said concerning this verse: This applies to prayer. He said:

They were unanimously agreed that this applies to prayer. Based on this, if I am next to a person who is reciting Qur’aan out loud, but I am reciting tasbeeh and saying laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, then I do not have to listen to him, rather that applies to prayer only.

But I say to the brother who put the tape on: Do not put it on when people are not paying attention, because the least that may said about that is that it is like those of whom Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those who disbelieve say: ‘Listen not to this Qur’aan, and make noise in the midst of its (recitation) that you may overcome’” [Fussilat 41:26].

If you see that your brothers do not want to listen, and they are busy talking to one another, then do not put the tape on. If you want to listen to it, then there are small headphones that you can put in your ears, and you can listen to it by yourself.

Wasalam ~~

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:06 am
~~ Ramdan : Being Generous & Studying the Holly Qura'n ~~

Being generous and studying the Qur'an is recommended during any time, but it is especially stressed during the month of Ramadan. Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn 'Abbas said:

"The Prophet was the most generous of people, but he would be his most generous during Ramadan when he would meet with [the angel] Gabriel. He would meet with him every night and recite the Qur'an. When Gabriel met him, he used to be more generous than a fast wind."

Fasting, striving to perform as many acts of worship as possible during the last ten days of Ramadan
Al-Bukhari and Muslim record from 'Aishah that during the last ten days of Ramadan, the Messenger of Allah would wake his wives up during the night and then remain apart from them (that is, being busy in acts of worship).
A version in Muslim states: "He would strive [to do acts of worship] during the last ten days of Ramadan more than he would at any other time." At-Tirmizhi also recorded this from 'Ali.

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:35 pm
I misread your post. I thought you were asking

"should we listen to certain portions of the Qu'ran?"

Because I do have some issues with certain pieces and wasn't sure if I should post here or...should i start a new thread.

sweatdrop  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff